Chapter Twenty - Four

March 2014

Melanie is turning one year old today, Scarlett has been waiting for this day for a whole year, she has been waiting to celebrate it with her friends and family.

She can't believe her baby girl is growing up so fast, I mean she can't wait for her other little baby to come but she needs to cherish the moments she had with her first born baby girl.

Scarlett wakes up beside Elizabeth who is fast asleep cuddled up to all the blankets making Scarlett smile, she decides to leave Elizabeth to sleep for another hour maybe while she checks on Melanie and starts the breakfast.

Scarlett makes her way over to Melanie who is fast asleep in her transportable crib across the room, she sees that Melanie is still fast asleep so she will leave her to sleep until Elizabeth wakes up.

Scarlett goes downstairs to make some breakfast for the three of them, she makes some pancakes, she hears some footsteps and giggling coming down the steps.

Scarlett looks up from the pancakes and sees Elizabeth with Melanie in her arms giggling and smiling.

"Good morning my two pretty babies"Scarlett says smiling over to them, Elizabeth walks over to Scarlett and hands Melanie over to her.

"Happy first birthday my little dancing queen"Scarlett says kissing Melanie's forehead making Melanie giggle and rub her nose on her mothers nose.

"The pancakes will be ready in 10 minutes so you go and sit down with your baby and chill out while I make the pancakes"Elizabeth says turning to Scarlett and Melanie.

"You don't have to Lizzie"Scarlett says not wanting Elizabeth to have to make the breakfast if she doesn't want to.

"Please Scar I want to don't worry"Elizabeth reassures Scarlett making her smile and nod.

"I can't believe you are one today baby, your getting so old now"Scarlett says lifting Melanie up while she sits down on her chair and lets Melanie stand her thigh.

"You are just so adorable baby girl"Scarlett says bouncing her leg up and down gently making Melanie bounce up and down as well.

"Pancakes are ready!"Elizabeth says loudly to the mother and daughter in the dining area, she walks in with three plates of pancakes and then brings in the toppings for them.

"Thank you Lizzie, I really appreciate it"Scarlett says kissing Elizabeth's cheek, Elizabeth turns and kisses Scarlett's lips before the two start to eat their pancakes while watching Melanie eat her little pancakes.

Scarlett and Elizabeth laugh and smile at Melanie stuffing her face with pancakes, Scarlett continues to eat her pancakes until her phone rings and Melanie points to it.

"Mama ring"Melanie exclaims making Scarlett smile, she is proud that Melanie is learning some new words.

"Yes baby, it is ringing"Scarlett says picking up her phone seeing that her mom is calling her.

She answers the phone and then notices that it is a FaceTime.

"Hey mom!"Scarlett says looking at her moms face through the phone.

"Hey honey I heard what happened with Romain I just wanted to make sure you were ok and I wanted to see little Melanie on her first birthday"Melanie says smiling at her daughter.

"I'm doing good, Melanie is just here, baby look it's grandma"Scarlett says turning the phone to Melanie.

"Gwandma!"baby Melanie squeals pointing to Melanie through the phone.

"Yes baby that's grandma, she wants to tell you something"Scarlett says rubbing Melanie's stomach a little bit.

"Happy Birthday my little double, you better be good for your mama can you do that for me?"Melanie says smiling at baby Melanie.

"Wes gwandma"Baby Melanie says smiling.

"Good girl, alright honey I have to go but you make sure my granddaughter has a good birthday"Melanie says smiling.

"Oh and make sure you take of yourself and your other little baby"Melanie says before hanging up.

Scarlett smiles and puts her phone down on the table again.

"Your mom seems very sweet"Elizabeth says smiling towards Scarlett and Melanie before taking some pancakes into her mouth.

"She is, I named Melanie after my mom and dad, her full name is Melanie Karsten Johansson Dauriac"Scarlett says smiling at Elizabeth stuffing her face.

"That's adorable, she really reminds me of you, you are literally doubles"Elizabeth says tickling Melanie's stomach slightly making Melanie squirm and giggle.

Elizabeth cleans up the breakfast while Scarlett brings Melanie upstairs to get ready for the day.

Scarlett changes Melanie's diaper and then dresses her in a cute little one year old birthday outfit which is the cutest thing she has ever worn.

Melanie's Outfit:

Scarlett then takes a shower and gets changed while Elizabeth watches Melanie since you can't just leave a baby on a bed for like 20 minutes without supervision

Scarlett comes out and takes Melanie so Elizabeth can get ready for the day as well.

"What should we do today my little dancing queen?"Scarlett asks Melanie aiming more towards Elizabeth since Melanie can't really answer that question.

"Maybe we could go to the playground for a little bit and then we can go out for lunch and maybe have a little princess movie night tonight?"Elizabeth suggests, Scarlett nods and looks to Melanie.

"Do you wanna do that baby?"Scarlett asks Melanie bouncing her up and down slightly.

"Ya!"Melanie squeals, Scarlett smiles and nods to Elizabeth.

"Ok then let's head out then"Elizabeth says grabbing her keys and making her way to the door.

Scarlett follows Elizabeth out to the car and buckles Melanie into her car seat in the back of the car and then gets into the passenger seat beside Elizabeth.

They make their way to park and Scarlett gets out Melanie's stroller and places Melanie into it.

The two spot paparazzi in the park but just simply ignore them, they just want to have a good day with Melanie.

Scarlett takes Melanie out of her stroller and brings her over to the swings in the playground, she sits Melanie in the baby swing and starts to push her gently.

Elizabeth watches from a distance and smiles at Scarlett and Melanie, ever since she has met the two Johansson's, she felt pure love for Scarlett and a motherly connection to Melanie.

Elizabeth hopes that Scarlett will see that Elizabeth is the person for her and will take care of her and her baby girl and of course her new baby that is due in August.

Authors Note

Sorry I couldn't get this out earlier it is just that I have had a lot of day trips with my mam and auntie and cousin so I haven't really had time to go on my phone...

Also there will be a part two to Melanie's birthday don't worry I will try and get it out as soon as possible <3