Chapter Thirty - Nine

October 2014

SCARLETT'S POV:

I haven't gotten one call from Romain all month which angers me because he knows that Melanie is my daughter as well and that she has the right to see me over the phone and I have to right to see her as well.

"I can't believe Romain hasn't called yet, he is such a dick"I say to Elizabeth as I feed Rose, "I know baby but Melanie should be coming home later so it will all be okay"Elizabeth says as she rubs my back, I sigh and nod and smile thinking of how I'm going to see my baby later.

I get a text from Romain and he said that he is off the plane so me and Elizabeth put Rose in the car and start to drive to the airport, we get to the airport and I hear familiar cries, I look to see if it is Rose but it isn't and I then realise they are Melanie's.

I look towards the cries and see Melanie bawling her eyes while making grabby hands towards me, I hand Rose to Elizabeth and run to Melanie, I take her out of Romain's arms and bounce her up and down gently to calm her crying, "I'll see you later Romain and I don't care if you don't want to but we are all having Halloween in LA this year because it is Rose's first and I want Melanie their to experience it"I say to Romain and he rolls his eyes, "Fine I'll just stay in LA while I have Melanie this month"He says and walks away after dropping Melanie's bag in the floor, I bend down and pick it up.

I walk back to Elizabeth and Rose but Melanie's cries haven't stopped, she is holding onto my as tight as her little arms can making me frown, she really did miss me and Romain forbid her from talking to me which is terrible to do to any child and mother.

We get to the car and sit in the back with both of my daughters, I am rubbing Melanie's stomach while she cries in her car seat and makes grabby hand to me, I smile sadly and shake my head no to her tell her I can't pick her up making her cry even more.

Her cries start to slow down just as we get home, I immediately pick her up and hold her close to my heart, I kiss her head over and over again to let her know I'm here and that I won't be leaving anytime soon.

My poor baby has worn herself out from all the crying and is now fast asleep in my arms, I am sitting in my bed just laying there with Melanie enjoying the time together while Elizabeth is downstairs and Rose has gone down for a nap.

Elizabeth comes upstairs and lays with me and Melanie, "I can see that the crying has stopped and that she has worn herself out"Elizabeth whispers and I nod slowly to her, I feel tears coming to my eyes and I think Elizabeth realised and she pulls me into a gentle hug as I cry into her shoulder.

"She is so small and deserves more"I cry to her quietly, she just sits with me and holds me while I hold Melanie in my arms.

I know this is a short chapter but I have many more chapter ideas ready and written down so I am going to get going on writing them.