Chapter Thirty - Eight

September 2014

SCARLETT'S POV:

I get a phone call during the night and I groan and answer the phone not bothering to look at the caller id.

"Hello?"I ask tiredly making Elizabeth wake up, she looks at me confused and I just shrug at her, "What Romain?"I say confused as to why he is calling me so randomly, "Yes you can come and see your daughters, no you can't have Melanie for the rest of the month, it's your fault you missed out"I say into the phone quite angry.

"Fine you can have Melanie for the rest of the month but if you ever just disappear like that again this won't be happening"I say and then he tells me that he will be here tomorrow to see Rose and pick Melanie up.

I hang up the phone and sigh, "What was he saying?"Elizabeth asks me, "He demands to have Melanie for the rest of the month since he missed quite a lot of time and that he wants to see Rose tomorrow"I say to Elizabeth and she just pulls me into a hug, I smile and lean into her chest and soon fall asleep again.

- 5 hours later -

Rose woke up three times last night but Melanie slept through the whole night, I left Rose with Elizabeth after I fed her and I went upstairs to wake Melanie up.

I walk into Melanie's room and see her fast asleep on her back with her blanket over her, I smile and take a quick picture before gently stroking her cheek, "Hey baby it's time to wake up"I whisper softly to Melanie and she whimpers slightly moving a little bit before opening her eyes looking at me.

She starts to cry and makes grabby hands for me, I frown and pick her up, I gently sway side to side and her cries start to fade before they just turn into little whimpers.

"What's wrong baby?"I ask her hoping she'll tell me, "Mama"She whines and lays her head just above my right boob, "You just want mama?"I ask and she nods and I smile slightly, I lay her down on the changing table making her whine with the loss of contact from me, "It's okay mama is here baby"I say softly as I change her diaper, I grab her a change of clothes and change her outfit.

She holds onto my t-shirt as I walk downstairs, I see Elizabeth playing peek-a-boo with Rose, I smile and sit beside her, "How's Melanie this fine morning?"Elizabeth asks and Melanie just whines and digs her head in between my boobs making me smile.

"She is feeling very clingy to mama today aren't you baby?"I say and bounce Melanie gently making her whine again, Elizabeth smiles and we talk while sitting with our daughters.

The rest of the day is quiet except for Rose crying and stuff but other then that everything was relaxed and calm, I packed Melanie's bag for Romain's and she doesn't know that she will stay with him for the rest of the month and I just pray that she won't be as clingy tomorrow.

I put Melanie to bed after I fed her, her bottle and she fell asleep in my arms, Rose falls asleep after I feed her and I put her to bed, I sit with Elizabeth and watch tv before we both head to bed.

- The Next Day -

Melanie isn't clingy today thank god because it would have been really hard to get her to go to Romain.

We hear a knock on the door and Elizabeth gets up and answers it with Melanie in her arms, "Hello Romain, come in"Elizabeth says bluntly and I smile, she really doesn't like Romain, "Dada!"Melanie squeals and makes grabby hands for him, "Hey baby how are you liking being a big sister?"Romain asks as he takes Melanie out of Elizabeth's arms and walking to me and Rose.

"Fun, sissy wake up nigh ime"She says and Romain laughs slightly, "How about you go to mama while dada holds your sissy?"Romain says and Melanie nods, I take Melanie and gently place Rose in Romain's arms and she looks up at him and he smiles down at her, it reminds me of when we first saw Melanie.

"You really are a mixture of me and your mama"Romain says gently tracing shapes on Rose's stomach making Rose sleepy, I smile at them, he can be a good father sometimes but he needs to up his game and be a good father all the time.

"I'm going to take Melanie now but it was nice seeing you guys"Romain says handing me Rose back and taking Melanie, he grabs Melanie's bag and just walk out of the house leaving me and Elizabeth shocked.

"Wow he really just left so abruptly and just took our daughter not letting us say goodbye, he is such a dickhead"I say and look angrily at the door and Elizabeth walks over to me, "Don't mind him, we can see Melanie over FaceTime until October"Elizabeth says trying to reassure me but it isn't working.

"I can't see my oldest daughter until October and I don't think he will want to spend Halloween with us and he has Melanie for Halloween and it is Rose's first Halloween and her big sister won't be there to celebrate it with us"I say as I start to cry, Elizabeth takes Rose out of my arms and puts her in the crib in the corner of the room before coming back over to me and hugging me tight.

I cry into her neck and she rubs my back comforting me, "She's so small and deserves to have parents that are together all the time but she is going from America and France every month and that's not good for her because of the time zones and I just want him to fuck off because he can be a terrible father and I am the only one that actually take care of her between me and Romain and he doesn't deserve her as a daughter she is too precious and sweet and she is always so quiet"I cry into her neck.

"I know baby, but we will just have to deal with it and knowing Romain he will mess up so bad that he will loose custody of both Melanie and Rose when she is 10 months old"Elizabeth says smiling me realise that will probably happen but I just hope it doesn't involve one of my daughter to get hurt.