Chapter Fourteen

December 2013

Scarlett and Romain have been trying to get their nine month old daughter to say her first word, Scarlett wants her to say "mama" and Romain wants her to say "dada" as most parents would.

It is almost Christmas so if Melanie says her first word before or on Christmas it will be the best Christmas present that the couple could wish for.

Scarlett is giving Melanie a bath while Romain is getting the dinner ready.

"Princess can you say mama?"Scarlett urges for her daughter to say mama, Scarlett wipes her hands and grabs out her phone and places it on the toilet lid facing Melanie.

Melanie just stares at her mama while sitting in the bathtub, Scarlett repeats it again and goes to turn the phone off before she hears a small voice.

"m-a-ma-m-mama"Melanie stutters out making Scarlett gasp and drop her phone before placing hundreds of kisses on her daughter face, Scarlett is so happy her baby said her first word and that she caught it on camera.

"Good job princess, you did so well for mama"Scarlett congratulated her daughter making Melanie giggle happily.

Scarlett gets Melanie out of the bath, wrapping her in a towel and bringing her into her bedroom and laying her on a the bed before drying her and dressing her in her pjs.

She walks downstairs with Melanie on her hip smile from ear to ear.

"Baby Melanie said her first word, she said mama and I caught it on camera"Scarlett exclaims to her fiancé making him whip around to her.

"Show me!"Romain says smiling, Scarlett pulls her phone out and shows Romain the video of Melanie, he instantly kisses Scarlett and takes Melanie out of Scarlett's arms.

"You did so good baby but can you say dada?"Romain asks making Scarlett giggle, he is still in his competition mind set.

Melanie just stares at him and after two minutes she still doesn't say anything.

"Ma-ma"Melanie says smiling again making Scarlett laugh at her fiancés face dropping before he smiles and passes her back over to Scarlett before going back to making the dinner.

The family of three sit down at the table, Melanie on Scarlett's lap so she can feed her and Romain across from them.

Melanie suckles her mothers nipple while the couple talk about Christmas and what they are going to be doing on Christmas.

Melanie soon falls asleep on Scarlett's lap after feeding and putting her pacifier in her mouth.

Scarlett brings Melanie up to her nursery and lays her in her crib before pulling her blankey over her to keep her warm and slipping her koala bear into her arms.

Scarlett then heads back down to the kitchen to see Romain has already cleaned up and then goes to find him.

Romain is sitting on the couch with 'Suits' on for the both of them to watch. Scarlett sits beside him and cuddles into his side before they go to bed happy about the events of today.

Authors note

Hey everyone again, so Christmas is the next chapter and I need some ideas on what should happen.

Some cute and fluffy ideas and some present ideas for Melanie because it is her first Christmas so we want it to be special and everything.

Leave some suggestions here if you have any :) ———————->

And also I will be putting little authors notes at the end of my chapters incase anyone has any suggestions or requests so feel free to leave some love you <3