Chapter Twelve

November 2013

Today is Scarlett and Hunters birthday, they are both turning 29 years old, all the family is going to Scarlett's dads house including her mother.

Scarlett is currently getting ready while Romain gets Melanie's diaper bag ready.

"Honey do you want me to get Melanie ready?"Romain asks his fiancé as she puts on her jewellery and heels.

"Yes if you don't mind I'm just going to go and grab my purse, her outfit is on her changing table"Scarlett says as Romain walks over to his eight month old daughter who is sitting in her play pen in the couples bedroom.

Romain leaves Scarlett to get the rest of her thing ready and then walks over to Melanie's nursery where he sees a nice pink laced dress with some frilly white socks, a pink headband and some little pink shoes.

He changes Melanie's diaper and then changes her into her outfit while making funny faces to her causing her to let out little giggles.

Romain grabs Melanie's little blankey and two pacifiers before walking out and down the stairs where he is met by a happy looking Scarlett.

"Hello my handsome fiancé and my beautiful princess"Scarlett says kissing me and then kissing Melanie getting some lipstick on both our lips.

"Blabala"Melanie babbles reaching over to Scarlett, she definitely is a mama's girl, Scarlett takes Melanie out of Romain's arms.

Romain puts Melanie's diaper bag into the back of the car before Scarlett puts Melanie in her car seat, the couple get into the car and drive off to Grandpa's house.

"Hey dad!"Scarlett says hugging her father with her baby girl in her arms, her dad hugs her back before kissing Melanie's head.

Romain and Karsten shake hands, Karsten has never liked Romain, he just gets a bad vibe off him.

"Scarlett and Melanie are here"Karsten calls out as he walks into the living area with the family of three behind him, Romain just rolls his eyes.

"And Romain!"Romain calls out making Scarlett giggle, Romain just smiles at Scarlett's giggle before everyone starts to have some fun.

Hunter and baby Melanie are dancing while Vanessa and Scarlett are chatting on the couch, Adrian and Romain are talking while Karsten and Melanie are cooking the dinner.

"Scarlett, I think your daughter is going to be a swimmer"Hunter calls out randomly making everyone laugh, he just ignores them and bounces Melanie up and down to the music.

"I think Melanie is going to be a soccer player"Adrian calls out, now it is a competition.

"I think she will be a dancer"Vanessa calls out.

"I think she'll be singer"Karsten calls out from the kitchen.

"I think she'll be gymnast"Scarlett says with full confidence.

"I think she'll be into karate"Romain says confidently.

"I think that she will be a basket ball player"Melanie calls out from the kitchen as well.

Soon the conversation ends and everyone goes back to whatever they are doing.

Melanie and Karsten bring out the dinner and set it on the table, everyone sits down and Vanessa has Melanie on her lap.

Melanie is eating Mac and cheese because that is one of her favourite foods.

Everyone has dinner while chatting and telling stories about Scarlett and Hunter from when they were younger.

Melanie has an amazing time with everyone and is soon fast asleep in her dada's arms with her blanket wrapped around her and her pacifier in her mouth as she gently suckle on it.

She loves to fall asleep in his arms because he is muscular and his arms are so long she can cuddle into them much better.