Chapter Twenty - Five

March 2014

After the park the three went to go and grab some lunch since they have been out all morning.

Elizabeth suggested and little cafe down the street from the park that she used to go to with her mom and sisters when she was younger.

They made their way to the cafe while listening to Melanie's babbling while she sat in her stroller, Scarlett and Elizabeth just smiled and listened to her while butting in every couple of seconds.

They make it to the cafe and they all sit down, Melanie has kind of gotten used to sitting in the highchair now so she doesn't have a tantrum while Scarlett is putting her in it.

"Hello, what would you like to eat today?"The waitress asks kindly smiling to all three of them.

"I'll have a double decker sandwich with fries please"Scarlett says smiling to the waitress, the waitress nods and writes it down on her notepad.

"Oh and could I just have a glass of water with that please"Scarlett adds looking to Elizabeth waiting for her to order.

"I'll have a Caesar salad and a water please"Elizabeth says sweetly.

"And could I have a small bowl of mash potatoes, peas and carrots please?"Scarlett adds, the waitress nods and writes down everyone's orders.

She goes off the make the food and Melanie starts to make grabby hands towards Scarlett, Scarlett gets the hint that she wants her bottle now.

Scarlett takes the bottle out of the diaper bag and takes Melanie out of her highchair so she can feed it to her.

Melanie can feed it to herself now but she is just quite messy and Scarlett doesn't want her to get it all over her clothes.

Scarlett puts Melanie into the cradling position and start to feed her, Melanie grabs onto Scarlett's t-shirt while she drinks from her bottle, Scarlett smiles down to her daughter before looking back up to Elizabeth.

"What are you going to do about Romain?"Elizabeth asks.

"What do you mean exactly?"Scarlett asks confused.

"Like what are you going to do with the custody thing, like Romain could have custody or her couldn't and what about your other baby?"Elizabeth says more specifically.

"Oh well I'm sure that me and him could have a talk and really sort everything out between us in a couple of weeks, I mean I'm not going to get back with him because I mean he did cheat on me when he knew that I was pregnant and we already had a baby together"Scarlett says unbothered by the question because she has already kind of gotten over Romain since she really loves Elizabeth.

Elizabeth smiles and nods before the waitress come with the food and drinks, she places the food in front of the three of them and then leaves so they can enjoy their food.

Elizabeth and Scarlett eat while Melanie finishes her bottle, Scarlett then puts Melanie back into her highchair so that Melanie can eat her food.

Melanie starts to eat her food with her hands making Scarlett immediately stop her because she knows that it isn't going to end well.

"No baby, no eating with your hands ok?"Scarlett warns Melanie making Melanie whine.

Scarlett starts to feed Melanie with the little spoon that she was given while eating her own food like the cool mama she is.

They all finish their meal and pay but also leave a good tip for the waitress since she was so kind and the service was great.

Scarlett puts Melanie back into her stroller before leaving the cafe with Elizabeth right beside her carrying the diaper bag, they do look like a true family.

"Maybe we should head to the store and grab some candy for tonight and maybe some popcorn as well since we have some time to kill before movie night"Elizabeth suggests, Scarlett nods and smiles before the three make their way to the little store across the street.

They grab a few packets of candy, a birthday cake for Melanie, some popcorn and some drinks to have later, obviously not alcoholic drinks since Scarlett is indeed preggers.

They walk back to Elizabeth's car that was parked outside the park where they left it before heading to have some lunch.

Scarlett buckles Melanie in while Elizabeth puts the stroller and and diaper bag in the trunk of the car before the two women get into the car and start to drive back to Elizabeth's house.

"Scarlett, I was wondering next weekend would you like to go on a date with me?"Elizabeth asks glancing at Scarlett before looking back at the road.

"I would love you Elizabeth"Scarlett says happily while smiling like a maniac.

"Thank god I thought you were going to say no for a second"Elizabeth says taking a deep breath before smiling to herself.

"I would never say no to a date with you"Scarlett says happily.

Elizabeth and Scarlett sit in a comfortable silence while Melanie is fast asleep in the back of the car since it is her nap time and while the radio plays quietly.

They arrive home and Scarlett carefully takes a sleeping Melanie out of her car seat and into the house while Elizabeth brings in the diaper bag.

"I'm gonna bring this cute little baby up to our room for her nap and I will be back down afterwards"Scarlett tells Elizabeth before pecking her on the lips and walking off to put Melanie in her crib.

Scarlett walks downstairs and sees all the candy and popcorn ready for movie night and the cake out on the kitchen island with candles already in it and she the sees a beautiful Elizabeth putting up some balloons on the ceiling and a little decorative area in the main room for Melanie's birthday.

"Wow Lizzie you did all of this in like 10 minutes"Scarlett says astonished at how beautiful the whole place is and that she has a lovely girl that she is dating and hoping that will ask her out one day.

Even if Scarlett had said that she wants to take it slow, she really doesn't, she wants to be with the love of her life. She knows that Elizabeth is the love of her life and will stay with her forever but it only matters if Elizabeth wants that too, or if she feels like that as well.

Maybe Scarlett will ask Elizabeth out on their date next weekend or maybe Elizabeth already has something in mind for her....

Authors Note

There will be a part three to Melanie's birthday.

But I have a quick question would you like Lizzie and Scarlett to get together soon or maybe take a little more time.

Lizzie asks Scarlett out on their date next weekend————>

They wait a little longer because Scarlett realises she isn't ready just yet ————>