x

"It's just the first pass." Tony says looking to Rhodey. "Yeah.".

"Give me some feedback. Anything you can think of. Shock absorption. Lateral movement. Cup holder?"

"You may wanna think about some AC down in..." He falls onto his hands. "Let's go. I'll give you a hand." Rhodes looks to him.

"No, no, don't. Don't help me. Don't help me." He rises to his hands and knees, turns to sit on the floor beside Tony.

"138. 138 combat missions. That's how many I've flown, Tony. Every one of them could've been my last, but I flew 'em. Because the fight needed to be fought. It's the same with these Accords. I signed because it was the right thing to do. And, yeah, this sucks. This is... This is a bad beat. But it hasn't change my mind. I don't think." He gives a crooked smile and takes Tony's hand.

"You okay?" Tony was concerned, later on today, his adoptive daughter who says with a face wrap and lots of numbness ahead of her. "Oh yeah."

A FedEx Driver knocks on the window with a packet in his hand. "Are you Tony "Stank"?" The man asks, hearing Zatanna bust out a laugh from a chair not so far away. "Yes, this is- this is Tony "Stank". You're in the right place. Thank you for that!" He thanks the old man. "I'm never dropping that, by the way. Table for one, Mr. "Stank". Please, by the bathroom." Rhodey mocks, walking away. "Toilet Stank! That's your new name!" Zatanna yells, chuckling.

"Don't push it."

————

Tony is alone, opens the package and finds an envelope and a phone inside. Steve has written a letter to him

Tony, I'm glad you're back at the compound. I don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours, maybe more so than mine. I've been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in anywhere, even in the army. My faith's in people, I guess. Individuals. And I'm happy to say that, for the most part, they haven't let me down. Which is why I can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but maybe they shouldn't. I know I hurt you, Tony. I guess I thought by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but I can see now that I was really sparing myself, and I'm sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand. I wish we agreed on the Accords, I really do. I know you're doing what you believe in, and that's all any of us can do. That's all any of us should...

Steve enters the raft looking to Kara's pale figure.

"Priority call from Secretary Ross. There's been a breach at the Raft prison."

"Yeah, put him through.". "Tony, we have a problem.". "Ah, please hold." He smirks, looking to Zatanna's sleeping figure.

"No. Don't..."

So, no matter what. I promise you, if you need us, if you need me, I'll be there.

————

Steve looks to his sister, and best friend. "You sure about this?"

"Yeah, I'm ready." She says, slightly wary, as she's being so gently taken care of. "I can't trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing...for everybody." Bucky says.

He watches as they go back into cryo.

As Steve stands staring through a window, T'Challa walks towards him. "Thank you for this." After T'Challa has found out the truth, he wanted nothing but to help Bucky and Charlotte. "Your friend, your sister, and my father, they were all victims. If I can help one of them find peace..."

"You know, If they find out they're here... they'll come for him.". "Let them try."