x

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." Steve says into the comms. "What the hell?"

Diana's eyes widen in horror, as she sees the clouds of  the Space Stone, just before Thanos steps through. "Cap. That's him." Bruce says.

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." His opens his shield. and advances.

Bruce reaches Thanos first, lunging to punch him but Thanos uses the Space Stone on him, and the Hulkbuster becomes buried in the stone of the cliff behind him, and freezes Bruce in place.

Steve is sent flying by purple energy before he even gets to hit him.

The Black Panther armor fully charged, T'Challa leaps high and with claws extended, but is easily grabbed by the throat and punched to the ground, his armor discharging violently.

Sam stoops, shooting with both pistols, but falls when his wings become rubbery.

"Wanda. It's time." Vision whispers. "No."

"They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can. Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone.".

"Don't." She pleads. "You must do it. Wanda, please. We. Are. Out of time.". "I can't.". "Yes, you can. You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies."

"It's not fair." She cries. "It shouldn't be you, but it is. It's all right. You could never hurt me. I just... feel you."

Steve's eyes drift to Diana who turns to look back at Wanda. Protect her. He yells, and she nods.

Wanda extends a trembling hand and starts beaming her energy at the Mind Stone. Rhodey joins the fight, firing his guns at Thanos until he uses the gauntlet to crush his armor around him and toss him aside.

Bucky and Charlotte run in firing, and are punched away by the Power Stone. Okoye activates the vibranium on her spear and flings it, the Power stone stops it inches from Thanos, and throws her and it aside, while wrapping Natasha in rock.

Diana slightly hesitates, wondering if she should go for Natasha, but stays where she stands. Groot stabs his hands into the ground to wrap Thanos in cables of roots, which he breaks easily.

Wanda watches all this over one shoulder, and turns back to Vision to add her left hand to her tearful effort.

Steve slides under one blow and comes up swinging his arm-shields, punching Thanos in the gut and chin. He grabs the gauntlet, keeping Thanos's fingers open.

Thanos looks very briefly impressed at Cap's efforts as he screams before slamming a fist into his head. He looks up, seeing something hurdling towards him. It's Kara, who punches him in the face hard. He goes to punch her back, but the gauntlet is caught.

Kara is so filled with rage, clouded with anger, she doesn't see Thanos uses the Reality stone to make a shard of Kryptonite, and he stabs her with it. He punches her in the face, knocking her almost unconscious. He lifts her body up with the shard still intact, and throws her into a tree.

Wanda looks over her shoulder again and sees Thanos approaching. Diana sees this, charging towards him. She fights, swinging her sword at him, landing a few blows. Sliding under his legs, she slices his heel, bringing him in one knee.

Diana doesn't notice the use of the time stone reversing the injury. She jumps up on his back, going for his head, but a portal is created, transporting her somewhere in the forest.

With Diana gone, Thanos stands, walking near the clearing. Wanda swings her left hand around to fend him off with a stream of energy, and pushes him back despite his energy shield, but then he starts to move forward.

"It's all right. It's all right. I love you." The Mind Stone finally starts to crack.

Vision's face is overcome by an expression of joyful peace, and as the crystal fragments completely, a pulse of pure energy explodes from him, seen through the trees. Wanda's and Thanos's energy subsides.

Thanos begins walking closer to Wanda. "I understand, my child. Better than anyone." Wanda snarls. "You could never."

Thanos reaches down to stroke her hair, in comfort. "Today, I lost more than you can know. But now is no time to mourn. Now... is no time at all." He reaches forward, clenching the gauntlet, the time stone being put to work. Time reverses, repairing the stone.

"No!" she lunges for Vision and is swatted away.

Thanos picks up Vision by the throat, lifting him, and digs the fingers of his right hand into Vision's forehead, digging out the Mind Stone.

He pulls it loose, and Vision goes limp and colorless, and he tosses the lifeless android aside like trash. Bringing his gauntlet up, he slowly moves the Mind Stone over the last empty setting, and drops it in.

As Thanos studies the completed gauntlet, a massive bolt of lighting strikes him, digging him into the ground.

Thor has arrived, eyes glowing with power, stooping down from the sky like a bird of prey. The God of Thunder pauses his attack, and raises Stormbreaker above his head and hurls it.

Thanos fires the gauntlet against it, not slowing the axe as it slams right into Thanos' chest.

Thor lands in front of Thanos. "I told you. You'd die for that!

He takes hold of the back of Thanos's head and forces Stormbreaker deeper into his chest, staring angrily into his eyes while Thanos cries out in pain.

"You should have... You..." he pauses. "You should have gone for the head!" He raises his gauntlet and snaps his fingers.

"NO!"