iv

Wanda reads the letter from Zatanna

Dear Wanda,

I like your name, it sounds like wand which fits, maybe Scarlet Witch is a good superhero name. Your have scarlet red powers, and ya know what, that was lame forget it.

I want you to be happy, and since you're obviously happy with Vision. I know Tony wants you to, but you don't have to come back. In the box is $5000, that's about €4500. Hopefully, we see each other again?

-Love, Z Wonder :)

She smiles at the letter, before opening the box, and running her hand over the money.

"What are you reading?" Vision asks. "Zatanna sent some money, she doesn't want you to come back.". "Hmmm."

The girl is in bed while Vision, in a human look, watches out a window. Vision gasps and holds his hand to the Mind Stone in pain. "Vis? Is it the stone again?".

"It's as if it's speaking to me." He says. "What does it say?" She asks. "I don't... I don't know. But something..."

The stone trills again and Vision flinches. Wanda takes his face in her hands. Vision turns his head so he can kiss her hand, then presses Wanda's hand to the Mind Stone. "Tell me what you feel." Wanda gestures to the stone.

"I just feel you." They kiss.

--------

The two walk, on a stroll.

"So there's a 10 AM to Glasgow to give us more time together before you went back." Wanda says. "What if I miss that train?"

"There is an 11."

"What if I missed all the trains? What if this time, I didn't go back? What if we took Zatanna's advise?" Vision asks.

"You gave Stark your word."

"I'd rather give it to you."

"There are people who are expecting me too, you know. We both made promises."

"Not to each other." he puts his hands on her shoulders. "Wanda... For two years, we've stolen these moments, trying to see if this could work. And... I don't know." He stammers. "You know what, I'm just gonna speak for myself. - I, I... I think...".

"It works.". "It works.".

"Then stay. Stay with me." Wanda looks down, but then her eyes and attention drift. Vision sounded suddenly very uncertain. Or not. If I'm overstepping..."

Wanda steps over to a better view of the TV in the shop at which they had stopped, drawing Vision with her. It shows coverage of the invasion of New York, the alien antagonists, and the disappearance of Tony. Wanda looks to Vision fearful. "What are they?" She asks. "What the stone was warning me about." he kisses her hand. "I have to go."

"No, Vision. Vision, if that's true... Then maybe going isn't the best idea." Wanda says. "Oh, now you don't want him to leave." Someone says, and Wanda raises her hands to attack, but it's only Kara. "Kara?" the duo asks in shock. "Don't mind me, continue your lover drama.".

"Wanda, I..." Something appears suddenly behind Vision, stabbing him through the back. Vision screams, returning to his green, red and gold appearance, and is thrown down into the street.

"Vision!" she circles her hands, gathering up energy for a counter, when Proxima Midnight blasts her from behind, knocking Wanda across the street and through a window. Kara pummels into Proxima, punching as they fly through the air.