ii

Natasha interrupts Banner who's listening to opera with his headphones.

"Hey, the lullaby worked better than ever."

"Just wasn't expecting the Code Green." Bruce says. "If you hadn't been there, there would've been double the casualties. My best friend would've been a treasured memory." She points to Clint.

"You know, sometimes exactly what I want to hear isn't exactly what I want to hear." Bruce sighs. "How long before you trust me?"

"It's not you I don't trust."

"Thor, report on the Hulk?" Natasha asks.

"The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims." Natasha glares at Thor and Banner groans in despair. Kara's face turns into an exasperated expression. "Thor? Really?"

"Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout."

"Just..." Diana motions for him to cut it out.

"Hey Banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony asks. "Uh, yeah, she knows her way around."

"Thanks." He speaks to his AI. "Tell her to prep everything, Barton's gonna need the full treatment.". "Very good sir."

"JARVIS, take the wheel.". "Yes, sir. Approach vector is locked."

Tony looks at the scepter. "It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..."

"No, but this...this brings it to a close." Thor says. "As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Steve asks.

"They'd been using the cube for decades, they used it to test my abilities." Kara speaks up. Tony looks to Thor. "Banner, Z-Wonder and I, will give it the once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Thor nods his head.

"I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying right?" Kara asks. "Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels.".

"Yeah. Who doesn't love revels. Captain?" Steve looks to Tony. "Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and HYDRA, so. Yes, revels."

————

They land at the tower, seeing Maria walking up to Stark.

"Lab's all set up, boss."

Tony points to Steve. "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler."

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asks. "NATO's got him." Hill answers. "The two enhanced?"

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"Their abilities?" Kara piped up. "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Kara and Steve look at her funny. Maria rephrases the statement so they can understand. "He's fast and she's weird."

"Wow, you guys are adorable." Zatanna mutters, looking at her phone. "Well, they're going to show up again." Steve states ignoring the younger girl.

"Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts.". "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Steve asks.