viii

"THIS is the Raft Prison Control. You're clear for landing, Mr. Stark."

"So? You got the files? Let's reroute the satellites, start facial scanning for this Zemo guy." Tony says when he looks to Secretary Ross. "You seriously think I'm gonna listen to you after that fiasco in Leipzig? You're lucky you're not in one of these cells." Tony looks at Ross in shock, Diana scoffing lowly beside him.

"Well at least we got something done, unlike you."

The trio walk into a room full of cells with everyone. Clint, Scott, Sam, Wanda, and Kara. Kara tried to stand up, but failed, as she had handcuffs with kryptonite in them weakening her.

"Is Rhodey ok?" She asks, Zatanna nods at her.

Clint sees them, and begins clapping. "The Futurist, and not one, but two of his lap dogs, lady and gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether your like it or not." He spits. "Oh, shut up, Clint." Kara growls, loud enough for everyone to hear.

Tony looks to the man apologetically. "Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'll put you here. Come on." The archer spits at him.

"Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony." He growls. "Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. You know, this place is for maniacs. This is a place for..." He pauses, not wanting to say the word. Clint catches on.

"Criminals?" He stands up. "Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for." He eyes Tony through the bars. "Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, or Kara, or Wanda. But here we are." He grimaced.

"Because you broke the law." Diana answers simply and carefully. Clint looks to her. "Yeah. What about your girlfriend? Is she a criminal now too?" Diana elects to ignore him.

"What about you?" He turns his attention to Zatanna. "You always went against Ross' orders and now you're on his payroll?" The archer asks in disbelief. "This isn't about stupid Ross, it's about keeping the team together-"

"Oh, yeah! That! Thing you're not actually doing because you're just fighting us!"

"We didn't make you do anything, Clint." Tony piggybacks. "La, la, la, la, la..." the man starts, like a child. "You read it, you broke it." Tony continues. "La, la, la, la la...".

"Alright, you're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?" He walks away.

"You gotta watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it." Clint says, making Zatanna's eyes shoot over to him. "Who the hell do you-" Zatanna pounces towards Clint's cell, but Diana holds her back.

"Clint...that was too far. Rhodey could die, and whining about something that is entirely your fault makes no sense, you're the reason, you're the reason you're here, not us!" Diana yells. "I wonder how it felt being betrayed, must've sucked, huh?" He teases, smirking at how she faltered.

"Maybe she was playing double agent with you too, all this time. Maybe she couldn't give a shit about you. Maybe you turning into Stark's lapdog showed her that you're nothing but a-" He stopped, watching as she rolled up her sleeves, revealing her bracers.

"A what? A person on the right side of the cell? A person that with one movement could destroy this cell, and then pull you out, and choke you to death at the same time? I don't believe you'd like to test that theory." Clint scoffs. "It took two days for you to become a real bitch and for what?!"

"Hank Pym always said, you never can trust a Stark." Scott says, as Tony walks his way. "Who are you?". "Come on, man." Sam looks to the man. "How's Rhodes?" He asks.

"They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow, and the kid's got a real long surgery ahead of her. Transport would be too much, so... fingers crossed."

Sam shakes his head. "What do you need? They feed you yet?" Tony asks.

Sam raises his eyebrows. "You're the good cop now?".

"I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went.". "Well, you better go get a bad cop, because you're gonna have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass to get information out of me."

"She's right here." Diana smirks, still looking at Clint. "Oh, I just knocked the 'A' out of their 'AV'. We got about 30 seconds before they realise it's not their equipment."

"Just look. Because that is the fellow who was supposed to interrogate Barnes." Tony starts. He shows a holographic image of Doctor Broussard. "Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong.". Sam scoffs, "That's a first.". "Cap is definitely off the reservation but he's about to need all the help he can get. We don't know each other very well. You don't have to..."

"Hey, it's alright" Sam says, as Tony leans closer to the window. Sam sighs and looks uneasy. "Look, I'll tell you... but you both have to go alone, and as friends."

"Easy."

"Prince? Stark? Did he give you anything on Rogers?" Ross asks. "Nope. Told me to go to hell. I'm going back to the compound instead, but you can call me anytime. I'll put you on hold, I like to watch the line blink." Ross stares at Tony who smiles as they both get in the chopper and the door slides shut. The chopper rises off the helipad and flies away. The doors close on the prison roof.

Sitting in the chopper Tony unclips the sling holding his left arm. He cradles his arm in his hand for a moment. He slowly reaches out the injured arm and presses a button on a panel.

"So, we're going?" Diana asks. "We're going." Tony points between him and Zatanna. "This isn't your fight, D." Diana sighs, nodding as the Iron Man Suit wraps itself around Tony, a hatch opens and he flies out of the chopper as Iron Man, Zatanna holding his right arm. He speeds through dark clouds. Close behind T'Challa is at the controls of a Quinjet.