iii

"I gotta have some of that!" An old man yelled to Thor. "Oh, no, no, no. See this, this was aged for a thousand years, in the barrels built from the wreck of Brunhilde's fleet, it's not meant for mortal men." Thor pours his drink into three glasses and hands one to Steve and Kara.

"Neither was Omaha Beach, blondie. Stop trying to scare us. Come on."

"Alright." Thor pours some of the drink into the man's glass.

Later, the old man, looking extremely drunk is being carried off by two men. "Excelsior.".

————

Natasha is pouring a drink behind the bar when Diana and walk up to her.

"How did a nice girl like you wind up working in a dump like this?" She asks. "Dame done me wrong.".

"You got a lousy taste in women, kid." Diana smirks. "She's not so bad. Well, she has a temper. Deep down she's all fluff. Fact is, she's not like anybody I've ever known. All my friends are fighters. And here comes this girl, spends her life avoiding the fight because she knows she'll win."

"Sounds amazing." Diana answers. "She's also a huge dork." The brunette looks embarrassed. "Chicks dig that. So what do you think should I fight this, or run with it?" She asks. "Run with it, right? Or, did she...was she...? What did she do that was so wrong to you?"

"Not a damn thing. But never say never." Natasha walks away. "It's nice." Steve says. "What, what, what is?"

Steve looks to Diana before saying, "You and Romanoff.". "No, we haven't. That wasn't..."

"It's okay. Nobody's breaking any by-laws. It's just, she's not the most... open person in the world. But with you she seems very relaxed." He notes. "No, Natasha, she...she likes to flirt." Diana blurts.

"I've seen her flirt, up close. This ain't that. Look, as maybe the world's leading authority on "waiting too long", don't. You both deserve a win." He then walks off, and Diana followed him. "Wait, what do you mean, "up close"? Can you elaborate?"

————

After everyone else had cleared Clint talked about Thor's hammer. "But, it's a trick!" He yells. "Oh, no. It's much more than that." Thor says. "Uh, "Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!" Whatever man! It's a trick."

"Well please, be my guest." Thor challenges. "Come on." Tony says. "Really?". "Yeah!" Barton gets up. "Oh this is gonna be beautiful." Rhodey says, making Zatanna chuckle. "Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." the others laugh. "You know I've seen this before, right?" Barton grabs Thor's hammer and can't lift it.

After struggling to lift the hammer, he looks to Thor. "I still don't know how you do it."

"Smell the silent judgment?" Stark teases. "Please, Stark, by all means." Stark gets up. "Let's go, Z-Wonder. We lift it, I'll personally buy you a bottle of vodka." He offers. "Oh, here we go." Natasha says. "Thank god!"

"Okay."

"Uh-oh."

"Um-hmm."

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." The duo says simultaneously. "Get after it.". "Here we go."

"It's physics." Tony explains. "Physics!"Stark grasps Thor's hammer. "Right, so, if we lift it, we'll...we'll then rule Asgard?" Zatanna asks. "Yes, of course." Thor answers. "I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta."

————

"Tfil." It didn't move. "What the hell?". "Try harder!". They try to lift the hammer but fail. "I'll be right back." wearing his armored hand, tries to lift the hammer again and fails.

Tony entered wearing his armored hand, and gives Zatanna one, the trio try to lift Thor's hammer. "Are you guys even pulling? I want my vodka." Zatanna struggles. "Are you on my team?". "Just represent! Pull!" Rhodey says. "Alright, let's go!" they all pull as hard as they can.

————

Banner tries to lift the hammer, he roars trying to change to the Hulk but fails, and everyone but Natasha stares at him warily. "Huh?"

————

Steve gets up to try. "Let's go, Steve, no pressure." Kara says. "Woo, Stevie!". "Come on, Cap."

Steve starts pulling on the hammer and manages to budge it a little; Thor looks a little alarmed. Steve still fails to lift it; Thor laughs with relief. "Nothing." Thor sighs. "And?". "Widow?". "Oh, no no. That's not a question I need answered.". "Danvers? Prince?" Tony asks.

"Sure." Kara answers. She walks up to the hammer. It slightly lifts off the table, but Kara doesn't keep pulling, to please Thor of course. "Nothing.". Everyone looks to Diana. "I'm alright." She shifts as her arm wraps around Natasha's shoulders.

"All deference to the man who wouldn't be king, but it's rigged." Tony says. "You bet your ass."

"Steve, he said a bad language word." Maria says. "Did you tell everyone about that?" Steve asked Tony. "The handle's imprinted, right? Like a security code." Zatanna guesses. ""Whosoever is carrying Thor's fingerprints" is, I think, the literal translation?" Tony says.

"Yes, well that's, uh, that's a very, very interesting theory. I have a simpler one." Thor gets up and lifts his hammer and flips it. "You're all not worthy." There's a chorus of disagreement from the others there's a loud screeching noise, causing everyone to cover their ears. They let their hands down as it fades.

"Worthy... No... How could you be worthy? You're all killers." A voice says. "Stark." Steve says cautiously. "JARVIS." Tony calls. "I'm sorry, I was a-sleep. Or...I was a-dream?"

Tony taps his device "Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit.". "There was a terrible noise...and I was tangled in... in...Like strings on me. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." Zatanna's eyes widen, as she opens her phone to call for JARVIS. "J?!"

"Did you kill someone?" Kara asks. "It wouldn't have been my first call. But then, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices." The robot says. "Who sent you?" Thor asks. "I can see a suit of armor around the world." The robot says. "Ultron!" Zatanna and Bruce gasp.

"Okay Avengers, In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. But Not this...The chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission." Ultron says. "What mission?" Natasha asks him. "Peace in our time.". Suddenly the Ultron's Army bots break smash through the walls and attack the team.

Bruce lands on the ground near Natasha, slowly getting back up. "Don't turn green!" She tells him. "I won't!" they all fight against the Ultron's Armys and Ultron takes the scepter.

Kara and Diana rip through the robots, tearing through them.

Natasha looks to Bruce. "Come!" Steve looks to Tony. "Stark!" Stark is trying to shut down one of the Ultron's Army. "We are here to help.".

"One sec, one sec!".

"We are here to help. We are here to help..." Stark continues to try and shut down the drones. "We are here
to help. It's unsafe. It's unsafe. It's unsafe.".

"No more. That's the one."

"It's unsafe." He manages to shut down Ultron's Army, at the same time Barton throws Steve's shield at him. "Cap!" Steve uses his shield to dismember a drone.

"That was dramatic! I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to...evolve?" He picks up one of the dismembered of his army.

"With these? These puppets? There's only one path to peace: The Avengers' extinction." suddenly Thor throws his hammer at Ultron and smashes him to pieces, Thor destroys his body, Ultron starts singing, "I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me, no strings on me."

————