viii

Steve walks up to the pilot's seat. "Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0." He demands. "I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to.".

The Quinjet passes through a camouflage force field into Wakanda, and lands at the airfield outside the palace. T'Challa and the Dora Milaje approach to greet them.

"When you said we were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world...This is not what I imagined." Okoye says. "And what did you imagine?" Her king asks.

"The Olympics. Maybe even a Starbucks." She lists. The occupants of the Quinjet come off, Cap and Natasha leading, Diana's limping figure on her shoulder, followed by Bruce and Rhodey, with Vision and Wanda, and behind them stood Kara, still in the supergirl suit.

Bruce looks to Rhodey. "Should we bow?" Rhodey speaks to him seriously. "Yeah, he's a king." Kara walks past Rhodey shaking her head.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something. Steve says, shaking hands with T'Challa. Bruce bows awkwardly to T'Challa. Rhodey acts shocked. "What are you doing?" He asks. "You're an asshole, Rhodes." Kara chuckles.

"Uh, we don't do that here." He dissuades Bruce with a motion of his hand; Bruce shoots Rhodey a look, and is answered with a big grin. "So how big of an assault can we expect?"

The group begins to walk back into the building. "Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault." Bruce says, while Diana nods. "How we looking?" Natasha asks.

"You will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." Bucky and Charlotte smile as they walk toward Steve. "A semi-stable, 100-year-old man, and a female pirate." Bucky says. "I'm not a pirate." She rolls her eye, hitting him in the shoulder.

The two friends share a hug. "How you been, Buck?" Steve asks. "Uh, not bad, for the end of the world.".

"Charlie!" Steve hugs his twin. "How you been?" He asks. "What the old man said." She says looking at Bucky.

----

In Shuri's lab, Shuri scans the Stone with her kimoyo beads while Vision lies on the table. She flips her hand over and studies the hologram. "Whoa. The structure is polymorphic."

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially."

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asks. Vision looks at Bruce. Bruce seems uncertain. "Because, we didn't think of it." He says.

Shuri speaks to the man reassuringly, with a smile. I'm sure you did your best." She smirks. "Can you do it?" Wanda asks, annoyed. "Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." She look at T'Challa. "It will take time, brother.".

"How long?" Steve asks. "As long as you can give me."

Okoye's kimoyo beads chime an alarm. "Something's entered the atmosphere."

Outside, Sam, Charlotte and Bucky look up at the sky.

Sam speaks over the Avengers' comm. "Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." The defense shield over the city destroys one of the alien ships when it slams into the field at full acceleration.