iii

The Guardians of the Galaxy are travelling to investigate a distress call to the tune of "Rubberband Man". Peter is dancing to the song. "Sing it, Drax!".

Drax is snoring from his seat in front of him. Gamora and Giovanni lip-synch with the song along with Quill. Rocket yawns. "Why are we doing this again?"

Gamora rolls her eyes, annoyed. "It's a distress signal, Rocket. Someone could be dying." She answers. "I get that, but why are we doing it?" The raccoon asks.

"'Cause we're nice. And maybe whoever it is will give us a little cheddar cheese for our help." Peter says, making Giovanni, slap him on the shoulder.

Gamora waves here at Quill. "Which isn't the point.". Peter points back at her. "Which isn't the point... I mean... If he doesn't pony up..." he pauses.
"We'll take his ship." Drax answers. "Exactly!" Rocket yells. "B-b-b-bingo!". "Actually, I don't support that approach." Giovanni says, as Rocket throws, and empty bottle at him.

Gamora looks up at Quill in concern. Mantis speaks to the others, reading her console. "We are arriving."

"All right, Guardians. Don't forget, this might be dangerous, so let's put on our mean faces." Groot rolls his eyes as Mantis makes a snarl. Groot's handheld video game beeps. "Groot, put that thing away. Now. I don't wanna tell you again." The game continues beeping. "Groot."

Groot speaks back in a mocking tone. "I am Groot!" Giovanni gasps. "That was very rude, Groot." He says.

"Whoa!".
"Language!".
"Hey!"
"Wow."

"You got some acorns on you, kid." Peter says. "Ever since you got a little sap, you're a total d-hole. Keep it up, and I'm gonna smash that thing to pieces!" Rocket warns. Groot rolls his eyes.

The Benatar slows, and the devastation suddenly covers their view, revealing the distress signal to be the one from the Asgardian vessel at the beginning of the movie. Bodies are seen floating dead in space along with the pieces of the shredded ship.

"What happened?" Mantis frowns. "Looks like we're not getting paid." Rocket says. Giovanni holds out his hand, as his helmet flies into it. He smoothly puts it on, as his body armor strokes over his blue tank top and golden sweatpants. With a thump, Thor's body is plastered to the hull of the ship.Rocket waves his hands. "Wipers! Wipers! Get it off!" He yells. Thor's eye opens, as they all gasp.

----

"How the hell is this dude still alive?" Quill wonders.

Drax looks to the mystery man in awe. "He is not a dude. You're a dude. This... This is a man. A handsome, muscular man.".

"I'm muscular." Peter says, trying to defend himself. "You're very muscular, Peter." Giovanni smiles, patting his back. "Who are you kidding, Quill? You're one sandwich away from fat. G's stacked for days." Rocket says. "Yeah, right.". "Why thank you, Rocket." Before he goes to fist bump the raccoon.

"It's true. You have gained a little weight..." Drax says. Gamora circles around the foot of the table. "What? Gamora, do you think I'm...".

"He is anxious. Angry. He feels tremendous loss and guilt." Mantis interrupts. "It's like a pirate had a baby with an angel." Drax notes. "Wow. This is a real wake-up call for me. Okay. I'm gonna get a Bowflex. I'm gonna commit. I'm gonna get some dumbbells." Quill nods, before examining Giovanni's biceps. "You know you can't eat dumbbells, right?"