ii

An unconscious Tony lays in a bed, with Rhodey and Pepper by his side.

Rhodey walks to speak to the others. "Bruce gave him a sedative. He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day." The others nod.

"You guys take care of him. And I'll bring him a Xorrian Elixir when I come back." Kara frowns at the other Danvers as she storms off.

"Where are you going?" Natasha asks. "To kill Thanos." Carol say bluntly, making Kara scoff at her cocky aura. Steve and Natasha share a look before walking after her. "Hey, you know, we usually work as a team here, and between you and I, morale's a little fragile." She gives a smile small.

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight too." Kara feeling slightly unnoticed due to her current state of being useless, tries to step in, when Rhodey interrupts her.

"You even know where he is?" He asks. "I know people who might." She answers.

Nebula dauntingly stands behind Carol. "Don't bother. I can tell you where Thanos is." She leads them into a conference room with a hologram that Rocket pulled up.

<>

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask "where would we go once his plan was complete?". His answer was always the same. "To the Garden."." Kara's eyebrows furrowed at Nebula's dramatic explanation.

"That's great, Thanos has a retirement plan."

"So where is he?" Steve asks. "When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago." A hologram of a planet pops up, with a shockwave on the surface." On this planet."

"Thanos is there." Nebula states.

"He used the stones again." Natasha says in shock. "Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know." Bruce states.

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..." Carol interrupts.

"So let's get him... Use them to bring everyone back." Carol says. "Just like that?" Rhodey asks.

"Yeah, just like that." Steve and Carol share a knowing look. Kara shakes her head. "I've heard tales about the stones in my young age, and it can't be that simple." Diana says.

Natasha speaks up. "Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this... I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." She says quietly to her.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce asks.

"Because before, you didn't have me." Carol says, as Kara rolls her eyes. "She's not serious, is she?" Carol glares at her.

"Since when have you left Earth, let alone, actually defend it?" Carol asks. "1974, Lunar Galaxy, Blood Empire, I tore them inside out way before you were getting your diapers fitted." Carol's eyes widen. "That was you?" She mumbles in shock.

Diana's eyes move between the two's bragging war, before tossing her arm over Natasha's shoulder.

"Hey, new girl, everyone here is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey asks.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys." Kara not buying it, shakes her head. "Top notch excuse."

Thor, who has been eating bread behind all this time, stands up and walks over to Carol. She looks behind at him. He holds his hand up, and catches Stormbreaker as it flies over to him, missing Carol by inches. But Carol doesn't even flinch, instead smiling at the God.