i

"On your left." as Sam and Kara continue to jog Steve comes around again quickly after doing another lap. "On your left." He says again.

"Uh-huh, on my left. Got it." Sam is still jogging Steve comes around again from behind him from another lap. "Don't say it! Don't you say it!" Sam yells.

"On your left!" The super soldier says again. "Come on!" Sam gets angry and tries to catch up to him but only after a few seconds he's unable to and stops to rest.

Sam is resting catching his breath sitting by a tree Steve and Kara walk over to him. "You're not tired?" Sam asks Kara who silently shrugs.

"Need a medic?" Steve chuckles. "I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran like 13 miles in 30 minutes.".

"I guess I got a late start." Steve smirks. "Oh, really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." he hesitates for a moment before saying sarcastically. "Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."

"What unit you with?" Steve asks. "58, Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA. Sam Wilson." Steve gives Sam a hand.

"Steve Rogers.". "I kind of put that together. Must have freaked you out coming home after the whole defrosting thing." Sam says. "It takes some getting used to. It's good to meet you, Sam." Steve turns to leave.

"It's your bed, right?" Sam asks. "What's that?".

"Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there I'd sleep on the ground and use rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like..." he pauses, before finishes for him. "Lying on a marshmallow. Feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor." Sam smiles and nods his head]

"How long?"The super soldier asks. "Two tours. You must miss the good old days, huh?". "Well, things aren't so bad. Food's a lot better, we used to boil everything. No polio is good. Internet, so helpful. I've been reading that a lot trying to catch up.". "Marvin Gaye, 1972, "Trouble Man" soundtrack. Everything you've missed jammed into one album." Sam suggests. "I'll put it on the list."

Steve gets his small notebook and pen out and notes it down on his list. Steve gets a text message: "Mission alert. Extraction imminent. Meet at the curb. :)"

"Alright, Sam, duty calls. Thanks for the run. If that's what you wanna call running." He smirks, as they shake hands. "Oh, that's how it is?" Sam chuckles. "Oh, that's how it is."

Sam laughs. "Okay. Any time you wanna stop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, just let me know.". "I'll keep it in mind.". "Okay.".

"It also very nice to meet you..." He sticks his hand out to Kara, who fixes her glasses, and shakes it. "Kara...Danvers." just then Natasha pulls up in her car by the curb and rolls down the window.

"Hey. Either one of you guys know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." She smirks. "That's hilarious." Steve walks over to her car and gets in. "How you doing?" Sam says, looking at the redhead and her car. "Hey." She responds. "Can't run everywhere." Kara, without Sam noticing, puts her hand to her ear, signifying them to call her.

"No, you can't." he watches as Natasha quickly pulls away and drives off.

"Bleh!" Sam fake gags. "You were all over him, you're gross." He continues to fake gag, and Kara softly punches him the shoulder, which to him felt harder. "Ow! Are you coming to the meeting today?" The girl nods. "Yeah, I can make to the one you're due at in an hour, but not tonight, I have plans."

————

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Brock Rumlow informs.