CH 8 || Lit A Fire

⚠️ Warning ⚠️
Graphic (Semi-Graphic) Depictions of Violence & Death near the end of this chapter. Proceed carefully.

Not beta read but I hope you still enjoy.
Reminder !! Look at the following clearly for I will be using them to indicate speech of different languages:
These are indicators that they are speaking Malay
These are indicators that they are speaking Japanese
" These are indicators that they are speaking English "
---------

BoBoiBoy visits Rei on Friday like usual.

The two went through their usual routine, their lesson first then the catching up, and the brunet was very excited to tell her all about his first week at UA.

「 I have a friend named Momo, and she's been helping me catch up with the rest of the class. 」 BoBoiBoy suddenly says whilst taking his test.

「 Momo? 」 Rei repeated, curiously watching her student.

「 Yaoyorozu Momo! She's the smartest in the class! Very nice and patient too! 」 He continued to compliment his friend with a smile.

Rei was glad that BoBoiBoy was making friends. She vaguely remembers the girl he mentioned. The Yaoyorozu family was one of the few families her husband associated with. She barely remembers the little noirette girl back when she was a little kid but hearing how she's been fairing is quite nice to know.

「 She hasn't taken up my job as your tutor, has she? 」 Rei jokes, raising her brow at him, a distinct smirk one her face.

BoBoiBoy giggles, shaking his head as he looks up at his tutor. 「 Nope. I like you and you've been an awesome teacher! 」

「 Plus, she's still a student too. I don't wanna bother her too much. 」

「 I don't think she would feel that way. She is your friend, is she not? 」 Rei responded, reassuring the brunet that his friend wouldn't mind helping him.

That seemed to brighten the brunet up. Rei seemed to always know how to cheer him up, and maybe it's the mother in her, but she can't help but want to reach out to him-to be there for him.

Be there for someone unlike what happened back then . . .

Looking at BoBoiBoy, Rei felt like maybe she could tell him her worries. Ease her the weight that's been suffocating her.

BoBoiBoy finished the worksheet Rei had given him and got a great score of 17 out of 20. Three mistakes. He was finally getting the hang of it. His Japanese has gotten better (he still wished to keep his earpiece translator though).

And as soon as their lesson was over, the brunet delved straight into his first week at UA. He talked about his classmates, teachers, classes; everything from the locations and food. UA was an amazing place for not just those who want to become heroes but also engineers, businessmen and women, and so much more.

The brunet told her how he's been commuting to and from school now, and even told the woman about how Hizashi was jealous that he gave all his friends nicknames but not him. So now BoBoiBoy calls him 'Zashi' per his request. The silly tale made both BoBoiBoy and Rei giggle.

But when the topic shifted to his most recent new friend 'Roki', Rei tensed.

「 Roki-kun isn't much of a talker, but I don't mind talking for the both of us! 」 BoBoiBoy continued to recount his days with the heterochromic teen, oblivious to the situation.