CH 9 || Why Even Bother?

Thank you for over 5k views! (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ω ⁄<⁄ ⁄) Didn't expect so many would enjoy my stories.

Quick question for y'all: Which BoBoiBoy Element is your favorite? (This won't change anything I promise. All the angst is preplanned so don't worry.)

Only one chapter this update, sorry! I wanted to update but I haven't finished CH 10 yet. Mostly because of exams. CH 10 will come some time else!

Not beta read but still enjoy!
Reminder !! Look at the following clearly for I will be using them to indicate speech of different languages:
These are indicators that they are speaking Malay
These are indicators that they are speaking Japanese
" These are indicators that they are speaking English "
—————————

Hizashi practically raced through the streets the moment Shouta called him at three o'clock in the morning. He couldn't care less about anything else. The moment he heard Shouta's distressed voice with muffled sniffles in the background, he was already halfway out through the door.

Now speeding through the Musutafu city, he immediately spots his friend's apartment building and practically jumps out of his car the moment he parked. Flying through the flight of stairs as he makes his way to his friend's apartment.

As soon as he's at his friend's door, he fumbles with the replica keys Shouta gave him, cursing quietly to avoid disturbing the other residences. Shoving the key in, Hizashi sighs in relief before swinging the door open.

The first thing he sees when he enters is Shouta sitting on the couch with BoBoiBoy's head on his lap, the kid curled up in a ball, as his raven-haired friend rubbed circles on the brunet's back. The next was the mess in the living room, slash marks indented in the floor and walls, books and papers sprawled on the ground as if something or someone broke in.

Hizashi locked eyes with his friend almost instantly, his fear confirmed as the raven-haired man's eyes begged him to search the apartment for any more clues. Without a word spoken, Hizashi immediately checks the apartment for any sign of a break in, quickly finding that there was nothing.

About half an hour into the search, the blond sighes and returns to the living room to see the two hadn't moved an inch from their place. His raven-haired friend looked at him, the blond responding by shaking his head which made his friend sigh.

There weren't any signs of forced entry, meaning that this intruder must've had Quirk that allowed him to slip in without the need to.

Hizashi knelt down in front of the couch, gently ruffling the seemingly sleeping kid's hair. The brunet's eyes snapped open, panic in his face as he flinched away from the blond. His eyes immediately softened upon seeing that it was just Hizashi who gave the kid an apologetic smile.

"Sorry for waking you, Little Listener. It's okay now." Hizashi whispered softly as he continued to run his fingers through the brunet's hair, the action soothing the kid who leaned into his touch.

Glancing at his friend, the raven-haired man already knew what the blond was thinking just from the expression on his face. 「 What the hell happened here, Shouta? 」The blond questioned, there was anger in his voice that made the kid whimper.

The blond immediately whispered apologies to the brunet, Shouta watched as he thought back to what happened. He couldn't make out the intruder's face in the darkness but there was one thing for certain.

「 Whoever the hell they were, they were after the kid. 」 Shouta responded, feeling the kid curl up at him, trembling slightly at the mention of the intruder.