Chapter Twenty-Five

''Y-you two killed...Mikey-kun's brother?'' (Y/n) stuttered as Baji finished explaining the history the Toman founders shared. Turns out they all were childhood friends before forming the gang. And what broke them apart was when Kazutora and Baji broke into a bike shop to steal, Kazutora accidentally killed someone; that someone being Sano Shinchiro, Mikey's older brother. (Y/n) watched in disbelief the two boys, she couldn't wrap her head around the idea that a 12 years old killed someone.
'To think that Takemichi and I were having fun at the playground, while they...'
''I didn't have to go to juvie because Kazutora defended me.'' Baji explained as he smirked at the two, but it soon disappeared as he noticed (Y/n) back away from him.
''You two...'' She muttered, tightening her grip around Chifuyu.
''But why did you join Toman again? That makes no sense.'' Kazutora sighed at the question, already expecting it.
''I had my reasons, after I saw that it didn't work out, I left. You ask too many questions.'' The black/blonde haired boy answered with a tight smile.
''I have been waiting for Kazutora to come out for this.'' Baji said again as Hanma handed him the Valhalla jacket.
'What now?'
''You two.'' Hanma started speaking, causing the duo to look at him.
''Tell Mikey what happened, also tell him that in a week, on October 31st, Valhalla versus Toman in an abndoned car lot. Shit's goin' down!'' Hanma said laughing as the trio was kicked out of the game club.
''Takemichi...you don't really think they will...you know.'' (Y/n) said as Takemichi looked as lost as she did.
''I don't know, this is all a mess!'' Takemichi cried out in frustration and started walking away,(Y/n) following him close behind.
'Crap! What are we going to do now?' ''Takemichi, I will go and bring Chifuyu-san to the hospital.'' (Y/n) told the boy, bringing him out of his thoughts.
''I will come with you.'' He said simply, if everything was going to crap, at least he could spend time with her.
"Are you sure?''
''Yes.'' Takemichi smiled at her and she simply nodded her head. ''Alright... we've been at the hospital a lot lately.''

Time skip...
''What did the doctor say?'' Takemichi asked as (Y/n) came back from talking to one of them.
''Thankfully he will be alright, tho he will need to wear bandages for a while, especially on his eye.'' (Y/n) explained as she pointed at her eye. Sighing,Takemichi got up from the bench, relieved the vice captain was alright.
''Good to hear, what are we going to do now? Should we stay or?''
''No, let's go home. Chifuyu-san is asleep and will be out by tomorrow anyways, we also need to figure out how to explain all of this to Mikey-kun and the rest.''
The duo started walking down the hallway.
''Yeah, ahh I am afraid of what the reactions will be...'' Takemichi confessed and (Y/n) nodded her head. 'Not going to lie, me too...'
''(L/n) please come to the reception! (L/n) to the reception please!'' The voice from one of the nurses sounded as the two looked at the speaker in confusion.
''Huh? Why me?''
''Maybe you forgot something while talking to the doctor?'' Takemichi suggested.
''Probably. Go wait for me outside, I will be back in a minute.'' (Y/n) said as they parted from each other. ''Alright!''
''Weird, I doubt I could have forgotten anything...'' She mumbled as she walked up to the reception.
''I am he-''
''Yes! Did the doctor figure out what is wrong with my son?!'' A woman's voice interrupted (Y/n) from speaking further. A voice all too familiar to her. 'T-that...that voice...' (Y/n) thought as she slowly turned to look at the woman. The same (h/c) and the same (e/c) that have been haunting her for years, she was in front of her. 'M-mom?!' (Y/n) thought as she observed the woman more. Except for a few wrinkles, the woman looked the same as she remembered her.
''Did you need something from us?'' The nurse asked the (h/c) girl with a kind smile, but (Y/n) quickly shook her head.
''N-no! I mistook the last name!
MilaIsReading's avatar
"Have nice evening.'' (Y/n) answered quickly and walked off, her heart racing from the panic she felt. All the while (Y/n) didn't notice the woman watching her, shook written all over her face. 'S-she...she is alive?!'
"Are you alright (Y/n)? You look pale.'' Takemichi asked as the girl walked up to him.
''Yea-yeah! No worries. Just a little tired.'' She smiled nervously as she walked past him, only wanting to get away from the building.
'Those eyes...still as menacing as on that day...' She shuddered and shook her head as Takemichi kept on observing her in worry.
''Are you sure nothing had happened?''
''No! No nothing happened,just ignore it!'' She yelled while glaring at the faux blonde, who jumped away from the sudden yelling.
''A-alright...'' The duo kept on walking in silence, (Y/n) too distressed while Takemichi was too nervous to speak up again. They soon arrived at the subway station, as crowded as usual. ''Quite a lot of people...'' (Y/n) commented as she watched the people walk past them. ''Well it is rush hour... I hate this time of the day so much.'' Takemichi commented as the girl next to him nodded in agreement. Not only were the subways always full, but the creepy men were the worst part to her.
''Ah, there's ours.'' Takemichi said as the vehicle came to a stop and people piled out of it, while new crowds of people walked in. Takemichi walked in through one of the doors, barely fitting inside.
''Great...'' He muttered as (Y/N) tried to find a way to get inside too, but to no avail. Takemichi tried to pull her inside and make space for her but it didn't work either.
''Crap-'' She got cut off as the door closed in front of her and it drove off. ''Now I have to go alone...'' She shivered at the thought and went to stand against the wall while waiting for the sub.
Just then her phone rang, and while opening it she saw it was Takemichi.
''Takemichi? Why are you callin'?''
''What do you mean?! Are you alright? The door closed so suddenly, did you get hurt?''
Takemichi asked in worry.
''Nothing happened, I pulled away on time. Anyways, are you alright?''
''Yes, just that a guy elbowed me in the back.'' Takemichi winced as (Y/n) giggled at him.
''Anyways, I will be waiting for you on the next stop, text me when you get inside the sub.''
''You really don't have to. It might take another 30 minutes till another one arrives-''
''I know you don't like being alone in them. I will be waiting for you at the next station. If you feel uncomfortable inside, just call me.'' Takemichi said seriously, knowing how it can be dangerous inside during rush hours.
''Alright...I will.'' (Y/N) said and with that the call ended. Sighing she put the phone inside her pocket and looked at the other side of the station. 'What am I going to do now? That woman and man don't care for me anymore, that's how much I know, but... Knowing that she saw me and all makes me nauseous. Mom where are you?' (Y/n) thought as she held back tears, wanting her mother to hug her right now and tell her everything will be alright.
''Well hello there pretty girl, why are you alone?'' Tensing up, she discreetly glanced at the boy to her right before moving away a little, not saying anything in return.
'Great...Can the sub arrive sooner?' ''Hey! I was talking to ya!'' The boy yelled, causing (Y/n) to jump in place a little as she turned to look at the guy.
''Okay? And I don't want to talk to you.'' She answered simply answered and started walking away, but the guy pulled her back by the collar of her hoodie.
''Hey! What the heck are you thinking?!'' She yelled, glaring at the guy who smirked back at her.
''Now now, that's no way to talk as a girl. I just wanted to be nice, but little brats like you need to be taught a lesson.'' The guy smirked as he pulled (Y/n) closer, who in return tried to struggle out of the grip.