Chapter Thirty-Five

'Hakkai Shiba. The eleventh president of the Black Dragons. Rumor says he murdered the previous leader for money...And then took over the gang. He is a total rat, a bastard.'

Kazutora's words kept repeating in his head as he watched the taller boy walking in front of him while calmly talking with (Y/n) and Yuzuha.
Hinata was besides him looking disinterested while Akkun left them a while ago.
'He really murdered someone for money?' Takemichi gulped, if the height didn't intimidate him, then the information he got from Kazutora sure did.
'He seems normal though and (Y/n) seems comfortable with him too.' ''You too Takemitchy!'' The faux blonde jumped and looked at Hakkai who was smiling at him.
''We are like bros now, right?''
''Uhhh sure...'' Takemichi nodded, unsure what the blue haired boy said and looked over at (Y/n) for help.
''Hakkai-san offered us to come and hang out with him sometimes. Yuzuha-san said it was okay.'' The girl said grinning as she pointed towards the older girl.
Yuzuha, with a unreadable expression looked at (Y/n) for a moment and nodded her head. ''Sure, but if you two are bros, that means I get to be the sister of both of you now.''
The hazelnut haired girl said, continuing to walk, the rest of the group following after her.
''Wait, you two are siblings?''
''Yeah, they said that a few moments ago. Weren't you listening?'' Hinata asked, raising a eyebrow at his strange behavior.
''Uhhh I was lost in my thoughts.'' Takemichi answered nervously.
''You have been acting like that a lot these days.'' (Y/n) commented as she threw a glance his way.
''It's strange Toman would take in someone as weak as you, considering how the gang is known for their good fighters.''
The four turned to look at Yuzuha, surprised how bold she was. Takemichi looked away in embarrassment, his state causing (Y/n) to glare at the older girl.
''With all due respect, you have no right to say that.''
''Hmm?'' The two Shiba siblings watched as the girl left their side and walked over to Takemichi.
''If you have issues with him being in Toman, talk with Mikey about it. Clearly he sees more in people than you do. Also don't comment on someone you just met. And where Takemichi lacks in physical strength, his mental one and determination make up for it.''
She glared at the older girl, who in return rolled her eyes and turned away from the trio.
Soon she started walking away along with Hakkai.
''Just saying, are you his girlfriend now to be so protective?''
(Y/n) and Takemichi's faces turned red at the comment, while Hinata's darkened, pulling the girl a little closer to her as the followed the siblings.
''You don't need to be in a relationship to stand up for someone.''
(Y/n) muttered slightly annoyed, Hinata silently nodding in agreement.
Hakkai sighed sadly while looking at the (h/c) girl, wishing to hold her hand too.
'I wonder if it's as soft as it looks...' ''My little bro Hakkai though has the capacity to outrank even his own captain if he wishes to, but he has no interest in it.''
''Is that so? Hakkai-san, you are strong from what I saw.'' (Y/n) complimented him, causing the boy to freeze up for a moment before walking again.
The action caused the trio to look at him in confusion, finding the sudden change of behavior odd.
'What's with the silence?' Takemichi thought with a sweat drop.

''How strange...'' Hinata muttered as she gripped onto (Y/n)'s hand tighter. ''Sure is...'' The girl agreed as the followed the duo in front of them. ''You are hopeless...'' Yuzuha commented and shook her head. ''Just thinkin' about being the top guy gives me a headache. I like bein' free.'' Hakkai suddenly spoke up with a smile, surprising the trio a little.
''That's really cool, Shiba-kun!'' Hinata suddenly said, trying to get rid of the awkward air, but the words caused Hakkai to freeze up again.
''Don't take it personally you two.'' Yuzuha said as the two girls turned to face her.
''Whenever any girl, besides me talks or compliments him, he freezes up. I am surprised he had the confidence back in the bowling alley with you, (Y/n)-san.''
The older finished and the two girls slowly nodded their heads in understanding.
'He is a real dork!' Takemichi thought as he chuckled at the taller boy's behavior, but the boy stopped as he remembered Hakkai's future self.
'But...is he really the same Hakkai Shiba? The one who killed the previous Black Dragons leader for money? He doesn't seem like a bad guy to me...so what happened in the 12 years?'
''Umm since you are the vice-captain of the 2nd division, I assume you get along well with the captain, Mitsuya-san?'' Takemichi asked. Hakkai turned around and nodded with a small smile.
''Unfortunately real well, also the two of us are the same age, so no need to be formal with me. (Y/n) the same for you; I told you months ago just 'Hakkai' is fine.''
The taller turned to the girl, who cheeks grew warm from the embarrassment.
''S-sorry, I sometimes forget that.'' She admitted while ruffling her (h/c). Yuzuha observed the girl from the corner of her eyes.
'Where did I see you before?' ''Taka-chan is a total pain in the ass.'' Hakkai started speaking, surprising the trio with the answer.
''He drilled into me how cool and uncool delinquents can be. Annoying, right? That guy is like a real older bro to me.''
(Y/n) grinned a little, finding the relationship the captain and vice-captain shared cute.
'He really respects Mitsuya-san a lot.' ''He likes Mitsuya way too much.'' Yuzuha interrupted her thought and showed a phone into the girl's face. ''Check out his cell phone.'' She said as Hakkai started to panic.
''Yuzuha, when did you get that?!'' ''He has Mitsuya's picture on standby.''
The hazelnut haired girl said as (Y/n) observed the display, and really Mitsuya's face was on it.
'Now she will think I am a freak!' The younger Shiba thought as he expected (Y/n) to look at him in disgust, but was surprised to find a amused one instead.
(Y/n) freed herself from Hinata's hold and walked to Hakkai, opening her phone to show him her display. ''And mine is a picture of Hakkai.'' Yuzuha said in annoyance, showing the display of her phone to Takemichi.
'Is she jealous of Mitsuya-kun?!'
''We are matching then Hakkai! My standby is a picture of Takemichi.''
(Y/n) interrupted his thoughts as the boy turned his attention to the girl, joy taking over his body as he heard it.
''R-really?!?!'' (Y/n) turned to Takemichi with a smile, and nodded her head.
''Yeah, the one I took of you at the festival last year.''
Hakkai observed the display, feeling jealousy creeping inside of him as he saw how close they actually were. He wanted that too, and he mentally cursed Takemichi for knowing her longer and having this special treatment from her, but that will change one day.
'And the Black Dragons can only help me out here. I will prove to be a better pick for (Y/n) than anyone else in Toman.'
The boy thought as he sent the girl a fake smile.
Hinata watched in sadness as she looked down at her phone, feeling a little dejected that she wasn't on (Y/n)'s standby instead.
''Hina-chan what about you?'' ''Huh?''
''Who did you put on standby?'' Yuzuha asked as the girl panicked a little and showed her phone into her bag quickly.
''Just a picture of my little brother and I.'' She lied.
'Can't say that it's a picture of (Y/n) I took while she was asleep...'