Chapter Seventy

Bonten gc:
Ran: Y/n, I just saw something funny, guess what~
Y/n: Your receding hairline?
Rindou: Told you it was receding
Ran:SHUT UP! And no, I just read that women who use the 💀 emoji like to hear men whimper, is that true?
Sanzu: 👀
Mikey👀
Rindou:👀
Mochi: 👀
Koko: 👀
Takeomi: Why am I here again?
Y/n: That's the single most dumbest thing I heard or read from you...
Kakucho: What is going on here?
Y/n:...
Mochi:?
Y/n: OmG hi Kaku💀💀💀 How have u been?💀💀💀💀 remember the date we have later💀💀💀💀💀
Mikey:...Kakucho,you have to finish Sanzu's paperwork.
Kakucho: Wha-- why me?! And why is Sanzu outside with his katana?
Y/n: Don't worry baby! I am on my way 💀💀💀 that pink haired bitch better count his days!
Kokonoi: Do I have to scar myself to get this treatment?
Mochi: Yep...

"Hey...Naoto...it's a good joke, a great one even, but I think you should stop. There is no way (Y/n) of all people would have done all that. She had no reason to kill them-"
Takemichi stopped talking midway as he remembered the talk he had with her over the phone.
Recalling everything she said and what they did, but...all the things she said were surreal to him.
'There is no way they would do that... I am sure those Tenjiku guys forced her to say all that.'
Takemichi thought, recalling that he never noticed any discomfort on the girl or that either of them were invasive like she said.
"I don't know what the reason was, and neither did the other detectives, but the facts and proof are there. (Y/n) is a cold blooded killer, who really made her friends suffer in their final moments. The killings themselves indicated that she was holding years of rage back. Wonder what they even did to cause all that.''
Naoto hummed as they walked down the road, Takemichi looking to the side, unsure if he should speak up or not.

''Funny enough, she didn't kill everyone of the former Toman higher ups.''
''She didn't? Who was even left to live?''
Takemichi blinked as Naoto took out a note that had the names of the men who survived.
''The list is pretty short, one of them is Yasuhiro Muto, who is an executive in Toman at the moment, Sanzu Haruchiyo, who is in Toman at the moment, Souya Kawata, the former vice-captain of the 4th division,Haruki Hayashida, former 3rd division captain and Ryohei Hayashi, former 3rd division vice-captain...''
Takemichi's eyes widened as Naoto listed those names, remembering what (Y/n) told him over the phone.

''The only respectful ones were Muto-san, Souya-san and Pehyan..."

'Very spcific that she let them live...' He gulped as Naoto sighed and stopped in his tracks, looking sadly at the ground.
''Takemichi, I met (Y/N) a few months ago...''
''What? Where?'' The older asked, eyes wide as Naoto smiled softly.
''At the airport, to her credit, she was disguised and the only reason I recognised her was because she does a specific face expression when confused. I am happy that in some ways she stayed the same (Y/n) I fell in love with and still am...That day was the first time I let my emotions come between me and my job...I just couldn't bring myself to report or arrest her.''
Naoto admitted, not feeling ashamed for what he did.
Then he looked up from the ground and narrowed his eyes at the wide eyed Takemichi.

''I don't want to see (Y/n) behind bars or worse, on death row. Takemichi, use the time while you are here in the future and try thinking back what could have caused this massive shift in her personality. Maybe it was Toman, maybe it was some event that happened after she left, but regardless...think of something before you leave for the past again. I have to go back to the office, if something happens, call me.'' Takemichi nodded his head slowly as Naoto walked away.
Sighing, he ruffled his hair in frustration, trying to find some solution.
''I need to go to a quiet place for this...what am I going to do? Whatever I do, (Y/n) either ends up dead or a killer...''

While Takemichi was thinking of some solutions to this whole problem, he didn't notice a pair of blue and (e/c) eyes observing him, one in boredom the others in malice.
''Are you not going to strike now? Usually I have to hold you back from attacking someone.''
The (h/c) woman laughed a little and shook her head, turning to smile at the blonde.
''I would, if Izana hadn't ordered me to let him and Kakucho deal with Hanagaki. And no matter the rage I feel, my loyalty lies with Izana, and I have to follow some of his wishes, Inui.'' The blonde sighed and nodded his head, trying to hide the blush when he noticed (Y/n) smile his way.
''Let's go now, we need to see where Kokonoi is...and I need to check up on Ran as well, why was he even put as a undercover cook again?''
''Well...he seemed responsible enough for that, also he always has a way to find valuable information for us.''
Inui shrugged his shoulders as they walked down the alleyway, watching as (Y/n) rolled her eyes.
''Putting a man, whose biggest cooking achivement was microwaving popcorn surely was the worst decision one could make...''