Chapter Sixty-Two

Me: writes anything abt any character
Mikeyhater to said character: YOU DUMB FUCKING BITCH! I AM GOING TO FUCK U UP!!
💀👍🏻

"So we got the chicken...next we need is rice, green onions, paprika and...some seasonings... Are you sure you can carry all of that?"
(Y/n) looked up from her list to watch Pehyan, as he tried to balance everything that was in the basket. In retrospect, she planned to buy only the ingredients needed for Pah's meal, but in the process remembered that she would be visiting Kazutora in a few days.
'If I wasn't lazy enough to go buy groceries for a 2nd time, we wouldn't be here...'
"Don't worry! I can carry all of this perfectly fine! Now, let's go and finish buying the rest."
Pehyan grinned, pulling the basket out of her reach as she tried to grab it.
"I can take some stuff out and carry it-"
"Nope! I came here to help you carry these things. Now let's go."
Sighing, (Y/n) nodded and dragged him towards the isle where the seasonings were.
"Fine, can you please get the few items from the top for me?"
"Sure! Which ones?" Pehyan asked, face bright red from the hold (Y/n) had on his wrist. Not noticing a familiar pair of siblings walking their way.
"(Y/n)! I didn't see you in weeks!" Yuzuha cheered, hugging the girl from behind.
"Yuzuha-san? Hakkai? What a surprise seeing you two here."
(Y/n) exclaimed as the older girl let her go, the taller boy smiling as his cheeks turned red from embarrassment, after all, this was the first time he saw her after the Toman meeting.
"Hey, (Y/n), Pehyan. Didn't expect to see you two here either." Hakkai said as he pulled Yuzuha away, not liking the close contact the two had. "Yeah, we were buying some ingredients. (Y/n) wants to make something for Pah-chin, since we are visiting him tomorrow."
Pehyan said, pulling up the basket with the said items.
"Oh? I didn't know you could cook.." Yuzuha grumbled, not liking that she was cooking food for someone else, Hakkai nodding along as he sent a glare Pehyan's way.
"I can't really, it's just some basic stuff I plan to cook." (Y/n) answered truthfully, a little embarrassed by the answer.
"I am sure whatever you planned will taste good." Hakkai said, looking down at the ground and back at (Y/n).
"I hope so! Sorry I need to cut this short, we still have some ingredients to buy, and I have to work drop by at work tonight! But I will see you two around."
The (h/c) girl said as her and Pehyan started walking away, waving at the pair.
"Alright, see ya!"
"See ya soon!"

The two smiled and waved back, but as soon as (Y/n) and Pehyan were gone from their sight, they sent a glare to each other.
"You should really stop it, Hakkai. It's obvious she has no interest in you." Yuzuha said, smiling smugly. "And you have something to say? The only reason you got to kiss (Y/n) was because you never even made your intentions clear. And I plan on waiting, even if it takes me a lifetime of wait." Hakkai shrugged his shoulders, the words causing Yuzuha to sigh in frustration.
"One day she will willingly kiss me, and I will enjoy seeing your disappointed look."

"Ahhh finally done!" (Y/n) smiled gleefully as her and Pehyan walked down the road towards her home, shivering from time to time as the wind blew.
"When you said it would take time, you didn't lie. We were in there for a good hour."
The taller commented, looking up at the sky.
"Yeah! When I was younger I always complained to one of the women how mom was taking too long in stores, now I see why. I didn't know there was such a difference between seasoning brands."
She commented, groaning when she remembered that scene.
There was a short silence, with Pehyan looking at (Y/n) a few times. Sighing, he finally got enough courage to ask her something that was on his mind for a while. "Say...can I ask you something serious?"
"Hmm...sure."
"Are you happy...in Toman? And be honest." (Y/n) kept quiet for a while, looking down at the ground as she thought back at all the things that happened since she joined.
'Am I happy? Hmmm... I guess. Even though I was a lot more in the hospital than usually...it comes with being a gang. And everyone is really nice too!'
Pehyan gulped a little, dreading to hear a negative answer, but he braced himself for it.
"Sure! Although there have been moments I did rethink all of this, I am happy to have stayed."
Pehyan smiled a little, excited that he got a positive answer.
"I guess now I can somewhat understand how it feels like having brothers."
'Well...aside from Hakkai with his confession...' (Y/n) thought to herself, growing embarrassed when she remembered his confession.
Pehyan felt his whole world crash when he heard those words, and it took everything in him to not let out a yell.
'Brothers?! I certainly don't see her the way I should see a sister! What the hell am I going to do now? Could I still somehow change her mind? After all...feelings change...'
The brown haired boy gulped, letting out a sigh of disappointment.
"Are you alright? Was what I said to weird?" (Y/n) wondered, hoping she didn't make him uncomfortable. But Pehyan quickly shook his head and mustered up a small smile.
"N-no... it sounded cute? I guess." 'More like disappointing, but I don't want to make her feel like shit because of it.'
The boy sighed in relief as (Y/n) smiled while nodding, believing his act for the moment.
'Besides, I need to be more direct from now on...'