Chapter Thirty-Nine

''Are you alright now?'' (Y/N) asked quietly as she let go of Hinata.
The shorter girl quietly nodded and they both sat down on the bench, nobody uttering a word.
(Y/n) looked around the park awkwardly, not knowing what she was supposed to say or do, and without thinking, she blurted out the first words that came to her brain. ''So, how long has this crush thing been going on?''
At first, Hinata said nothing, opting to stare at her hands rather than talk, and it bothered (Y/n) a little. ''Listen, if you don't want to talk now, I understand. But don't expect me to sit here and act as if nothing happened.''
She could see Hinata visibly tense up and turn to look at her.
''Maybe...3 years... I don't know for sure.'' The short haired girl answered, face turning redder as more time passed between the two. (Y/n)'s eyes widened at her answer, unsure if she was messing with her or being honest.
''That can't be true. We just met last year! Hinata, be honset with me.''
''I am honest!'' Hinata yelled out as she got up and glared at the girl.
''We met 3 years ago! Don't you remember? At the playground, the time you protected him and I from some bullies we had issues with. And after that, for a few months we would always meet up to eat ice cream.'' Hinata smiled softly at the dumbfounded girl, but quickly glared at her again.
''Until you stopped. I saw you a few times out and about with your mother, but you never even waved back, you acted as if I never existed to you, same with him. It hurt me a lot, and I wanted to hate you so much for what you caused me, but...'' Hinata's glare softened and she grabbed one of (Y/n)'s hands and continued speaking.
''But I just couldn't, I guess I liked you too much already. And when I found out we are going to Mizo together, I knew we were meant for each other.''
''If...if you already liked me as you claim, why did you date Takemichi? Why did you ask me for help to get you two together? Don't tell me...you used him!''
(Y/n)'s eyes widened as she moved away from the shorter girl, staring at her as if she grew another head.
She was hoping Hinata would deny it, offer a good explanation for that, but the firm nod from her shattered (Y/n)'s heart.
Not only did her close friend lead her on and caused her pain, but she also used Takemichi, who never deserved any of this.
Gulping, (Y/n) started backing away, the image she used to have of Hinata slowly disappearing and being replaced by a complete stranger. ''You can't be serious...''
''I am. I used Takemichi to get closer to you, hoping to see some sort of jealousy.
And I did see one, but it was always directed at me.
I guess, you will never see me like him, but give me one chance to prove that I can be better-''
Hinata was interuppted by (Y/n)'s hand making contact with her cheek. The shorter girl slowly put her hand on the soar skin and looked at the taller girl in disbelief. ''You must be out of your mind! Hinata...you used my best friend, I can't let that slide. You used someone and are now acting like nothing happened. You...you aren't who I thought you were, please...just leave me alone for now and...until you don't fix things up and apologize to Takemichi, I don't want to talk to you.'' (Y/n) said as she sent the girl one last glare and ran off.
She heard Hinata faintly yell after her, the pain in her voice caused her heart to ache, but (Y/n) ignored it for now and ran home as fast as she could, all of this caused her head to hurt and she just wanted to sleep now.
Once back home and inside her room, (Y/n) locked the door and crashed down on her bed, she burried her head into her pillow as Hinata's words kept replaying inside her head.
''She met me 3 years ago? As far as I can recall, I remember that was around the time of the car accident. If only I can recall something or somebody, but half of my memory is blurry about the months leading up to the accident.
Also, who was the 'he' Hinata mentioned?''She groaned into her pillow and closed her eyes, hoping to fall asleep as soon as possible.

The next few days went by like a blur to (Y/n). When she was at school she did her best to avoid both Hinata and Takemichi, knowing that he was used like that for her made the girl feel sick to her stomach, and she just couldn't bring herself to look at him. Takuya and Akkun tried to cheer her up, but it didn't work, all they got was silence or indifference to their jokes.
Right now she was eating dinner at a local diner after work.
Well more like playing with the food on her plate, as her appetite wasn't the same after the day she met Hinata at the park.
(Y/n) overall just felt hurt and betrayed, as she never expected her friend to do such things to her or the ones she held close to her heart. But a part of her felt anger, anger at not noticing anything sooner and anger at the fact that she feels guilty over all of this, it wasn't like she participated in it.
'This is a mess. I wish I never agreed to meet Hinata at the park, maybe things would be different now. Or would she have said it regardless of time and place?'
"Keep frowning more and you might develop wrinkles."
(Y/n) looked up from her food to see who the person was, only to find Muto looking at her with his usual stoic face.
"Muto-san? What are you doing here?" The taller boy shrugged and sat across from her, in the process pointing at a table where Angry and Draken sat, both unaware of her presence as they talked.
"We had a meeting, if you will call it that. Hanagaki had some wild plans for Black Dragons, so most of the captains and Draken had to meet up with him."
"Plans? What did he think of?" (Y/n) sour mood disappeared, becoming intrigued at what Muto said. The older kept quiet for a moment, unsure if he should say anything since they agreed only for the captains and vice-captains to know of this, but shrugged his shoulders, deciding to tell her anyways.
''Hanagaki and Matsuno want to take down the Black Dragons. It seems like Hakkai told them he wants to kill Taiju, so they think by crushing the gang all together, they will be able to prevent it.''
(Y/n) dropped her fork in surprise, not sure what shocked her more, the fact that Takemichi wants to start a fight with a gang or that Hakkai of all people could think of killing someone.
Muto said nothing as Draken and Angry walked over, finally noticing the booth where he and (Y/n) were sitting.
''Ahh (Y/n)! It's nice to see you here, I am surprised I didn't notice you sooner!'' Angry announced, a little agitated that Muto didn't call them over when he sat down with the girl, but overall happy to see her again. Draken shared some of the enthusiasm, but was more angry with Muto, who ignored the glares that were sent his way.
''Uhmm and what did you decide?'' (Y/n)'s voice caused them both to wake up from their thoughts and turn to look at her in confusion. ''It was rejected, of course. Hakkai is no longer in Toman, so there is no reason for us to watch over him like that. And besides, starting a brawl with them will only ruin Mitsuya's hard work.'' Muto answered, clearing up the confusion for Angry and Draken.
''So you heard why we were here?'' Angry asked, using this opportunity to sit besides (Y/n), his grin growing wider in satisfaction when he noticed the agitated looks on Muto and Draken's faces.
''Yeah...so we will leave Hakkai just like that?''
''There is no other option. Hakkai is no longer in Toman, whatever he decides is none of our bussines.'' Draken answered.
(Y/n) gulped and nodded her head, while it was true that they couldn't prevent him from doing anything, she still felt a sense of guilt to leave her friend like this.
She looked down at her food again, feeling her stomach turn and adrenaline pumping through her veins, she had to figure something out, ever since the Valhalla incident, she felt like her life was packed with riddles, and she needed to start figuring each one out.
'I have to call Hinata. As much as I don't feel like talking to her right now, she is the one who can help me out here a little.'
''Come on, it's getting late.'' Draken announced, the two boys nodded their heads and started walking out the diner.
The vice commander looked over at (Y/n) who was still lost in her thoughts.
Smiling softly, he patted the girl's head and caused her to look up at him in surprise.
''Come on now. You need a ride home?'' (Y/n) shook her head at Draken's offer and got up from her seat, the two now walking towards the exit as well.
''I need to go and visit someone, so I won't be going home anyways. But thanks for the offer.'' Draken blushed at the small smile she sent him, but kept his cool.
''Alright, have a safe trip home!'' He said and started waling off to where his bike was, but stopped as he remembered something he wanted to tell (Y/n) since the last meeting. ''By the way, (Y/n).'' Said girl stopped in her tracks and looked over at Draken, who sent her a sad smile. ''We already lost members like Kazutora, Pah-chin and Hakkai, don't disappear on us too, got it?'' She stood there dumbfounded for a moment, before slowly nodding her head at his words.
''I won't, don't worry.'' (Y/n) smiled at him, a sense of saddness taking over her body as she remembered the three boys.
'I wish everything could be like it used to...'