Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Tegan’s POV

(a few weeks later)

“Tegan? Tegan? Tegan Payne!” A voice shouted. I woke up with a start, jumping out of my seat slightly.

“The answer’s 35!” I said quickly, noticing I was in school. Everyone laughed and the teacher didn’t look impressed.

“Tegan you’re in English,” Mr Baker informed me.

“Oh.” I said quietly, shrinking into my seat again.

The class continued and to be honest, it was so boring; I wish I had just stayed asleep.

“Right off you go, homework in next lesson guys!” Mr Baker said as the bell rang and everyone started leaving. “Tegan? A word please.” He added, stopping me from leaving with the others. Like I cared, none of them are really my friends. Maisie is, but she’s in a different class with all of the clever people.

“Yeah?”                                                   

“Is everything okay? At home I mean. Only you seem to be a bit distracted recently.” He asked, concerned.

“Yeah, it’s fine.”  I half lied. “Can I go now?” As soon as his head made the slightest of nods I was out of there. Things weren’t exactly okay but they weren’t bad either. I mean, daddy’s been keeping a firm eye on me, and I’m pretty sure that he’s keeping something from me, but he said that I didn’t have to go and see a therapist unless it got worse. Well there is no way that I’m going, so I guess things have either got to stay the same or I’ve got to get better at keeping secrets.

My phoned buzzed silently and I pulled it out, sliding my finger on the glass screen and reading the message.

To: Tee <3

From: Dadddy <3

Niall’s gonna get you from school. Be good xx

I quickly typed a reply, thinking nothing off it, the others often would get me from school if daddy’s busy but he always replies to texts. Today he didn’t.

*

I ran out of school, trying to avoid Ryan, but as usual it was no use.

“Oi! Tegan!” He yelled. I stopped but didn’t turn, hoping that he would go away. “I was talking to you.” He spat as he shoved me to the ground. “Look at me when I talk to you bitch.” One of Ryan’s gang ‘members’ kicked my stomach hard and pulled my head up by my hair, forcing me to look at him.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered feebly, only to my kicked again.

“Did I say you could speak?” Ryan spat at me. I shook my head to say no. “Got that right.” He grabbed my wrist tightly and pulled me up, crushing my cuts. I winced and tried to get out of his grasp. “Wincing are we baby?” Roughly, he pulled back my sleeve revealing my cuts, a few with blood lining them. “You cut?” He asked, his tone of voice changing. I nodded lightly, worried of what might happen now. “Emo freak.” He spat shoving me against a wall before walking away.

I brushed my tears away and stood up, trying to straighten out my uniform as much as possible. I saw uncle Niall waiting in the car, but I don’t think he’d seen me.

“Hi Tegan.” Uncle Niall said as I got in the car, his smile soon fading when he saw my tears. “What happened?”

“Nothing, I’m fine. I just want to go home.” I said pretty unconvincingly as I buckled my seat belt.

“Liam is...err…a bit busy right now, I’ll take you back to mine and then he’ll get you later.” Uncle Ni-Ni said, pulling away from the school gates.

“Please uncle Ni. I just want to go home.” I pleaded, tears brimming my eyes.

“Fine, but you’re explaining why you’re home earlier.” Uncle Ni sighed, pulling out of the school gates and driving home. I nodded and rested my head against the car window until we stopped at the place I called home. “Liam!” Niall yelled as we closed the front door behind us.

“Niall, I asked you not to bring her home yet.” Daddy said standing in the doorway.

 “I asked uncle Ni to bring me home daddy,” I spoke up. “I had a bad day and wanted to just come home.” Daddy’s face softened as he saw my eyes glisten with tears.

“I’m sorry princess,” He whispered as he hugged me tightly, stroking my hair. “What happened?”

“I do-

“Ahem, Liam?” A voice I didn’t recognise said, cutting my sentence off. “Who’s this?” She said, pointing a fake nailed finger towards me. 

Yay it's longer!!

love me because I uploaded a million times for you. please...??

Emily xxx