Chapter Fifteen

sorry for the delay!

Chapter 15

Zayn’s POV

F*ck. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed deeply, stepping forwards, closer to Tegan.

“Tegan,” I said clearly but softly. “Sweetheart, come away from the edge.” I could feel my voice cracking slightly, but I tried to cough it out. I can’t believe I’m doing this. Asking Tegan to step away from the edge.

“Go away,” She said, wiping tears away. “You’ll only take me back to dad and Rachel.”

“No I won’t, I promise. I just need you to come away from the edge.” I promised, stepping forwards once more. I breathed a sigh of relief as she took a step backwards.

“I’m sorry.” Tee said softly before sobbing loudly.  I rushed towards her and wrapped her into a hug, moving her further and further away from the edge of the cliff.

“Shh, it’s alright sweetie. I soothed, rubbing circles into her back whilst she sobbed.

“Why are you crying?” She asked softly, looking up at me momentarily with red eyes. I hadn’t realised I was, what with the raining falling so hard, but I was. I was so scared to lose Tegan.

“I was scared,” I admitted. “Scared that you’d jump and I wouldn’t be able to save you. I’d lose you and it’d be my entire fault.”

Tegan’s POV

I sat in uncle Zee’s arm listening as the rain poured down from the skies above.

“I was scared,” He admitted. “Scared that you’d jump and I wouldn’t be able to save you. I’d lose you and it’s be my entire fault.” I gulped and looked down in shame and guilt. Uncle Zee was crying because of me? I’d done something wrong to upset him. I’d made him cry. I really was a waste of space. I am a waste of space. I’m just useless, why did he have to save me if I’d upset him so much? “You’re not a waste of space.” Uncle Zee said suddenly, breaking me out of my thoughts.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“You were thinking aloud darling,” He smiled his warm smile, making me feel wanted and safe. “Who told you that?” I looked away and tried to stand up, knowing that he’s tell daddy and then I’d be in for it. “Tegan.” Uncle Zee said warningly.

“Rachel,” I sighed, squeezing my eyes shut. “Rachel said that mum abandoned me because no one wanted me.”

“Tegan, you are wanted. And your mum didn’t abandon you.”

“Yes she did, otherwise I would still be living with her,” I said, like he’s made a mistake.

“No sweetie,” Uncle Zayn said. “When you were 3 and you lived with your mum, you also lived with your gran and step-grandad right?” I nodded, signalling for him to continue. “Well, your step-grandad wasn’t the nicest of people to your mum and he made her pay loads of money to stay there and there were loads of rules. Your mum didn’t want you living like that so she asked your dad to look after you. She probably saw that you were getting on really well living with your dad and didn’t want to take you away, but I promise you that she never abandoned you.”

“She loved me?”

“Of course she does, silly. Who couldn’t love you?” He replied, chuckling slightly.

“Rachel, for a start.” I said, not mentioning any of the bullies or ‘fans’ that hated me.

“Don’t listen to her. I’ll talk to your dad later okay?” he asked, whilst I nodded in response. “Right then, you wanna get back?” I nodded once more and stood up, following Uncle Zee to his car, hopping in and buckling the seat belt.

Liam’s POV

Where is Tee? She shouldn’t have said any of that to Rachel, but I’m worried about her. She said that she’s be an hour, well it’s been two hours, and that’s just since I got back.

“Calm down mate, I’m sure Zayn’s found her by now.” Louis tried to reassure me. Everyone else had gathered at mine whilst Zayn was out looking for her.

“That should be me,” I said, thinking aloud to myself. “I should be out looking for her, not her uncle. Why didn’t I go after her?” I began pacing around the room, worrying.

“Because you were too busy comforting your girlfriend whilst your daughter cried and thought that no one cared about her.” Zayn’s voice answered my question, hints of anger in his voice. I turned around to see him stood in the door way, soaking wet with rain water, with an equally rain sodden Tegan clutching on to him. I took Tee from Zayn’s arms and held her tightly in mine, a few tears dripping from my eyes.

“I’m sorry princess, I’ll always care about you sweetheart.” I whispered in her ear before kissing her temple. “I love you Tegan, don’t you ever forget that.”

Hope you liked that, and that you're kida pleased that I didn't kill her off!!

You may or may not know that I'm kinda leaving for a bit to focus on my studies a bit more. I'll still come online ever so often to check up on things and reply to any comments if you wish to leave them, I just won't be uploading new chapters. Please don't hate me for this...

If you wanna talk in between that time then you can kik me @thelonelywriter 

Em xx