The Pogues

Once us girls get to the boneyard me and Morgan just follow Sarah. She starts walking up to a group of guys and I instantly recognize the tall dirty blonde who was eyeing me earlier today as Rafe, Sarah's brother. By the way his face is scrunched up in disgust at some of the people and how people flinch when walking past him I can already tell he's gonna be trouble.

"Hey babe!" Some guy yells at Sarah. I'm assuming it's her boyfriend but because there are so many red cups I think he much just be drunk.

"Hey Top!" The dirty blonde goes and gives him a quick peck on the lips before turning back around to introduce me and Morgan to her boyfriend and another guy standing next to Rafe who I haven't seen around yet.

"Oh so uhm Top, Kelce this is Maddison and her sister Morgan."

"Hey I'm Morgan." She sounds so awkward but at least she's trying. All I do is smile and send them a small wave.

"Hey Maddie what's uppp!" Rafe comes up to me laying his arm over my shoulder slurring his words, a dead giveaway of someone being drunk.

I slightly but sarcastically chuckled. " Yeaaaaa I've been good since the last time you saw me 7 hours ago." I reply slightly shrugging his arm off of my shoulder.

~~~~~~

I'm pretty sure everyone could feel the uncomfortable tension from earlier on so I decided to speak up. "I'm gonna go get a drink. Morgs you want anything?" I turn to my left to look at Morgan with wide eyes silently telling her to get me out of this awkward situation. It took her a second to figure out what I was saying. She's a little slow sometimes. "Wha-Oh! Yea I'll-uh-I'll have a drink too please thanks." God you can always count on Morgan to be discreet.

On my way down to we're the drinks are being served i here Kelce yell out to me. "Hey Maddie watch out for those dirty pogues!" I turn around to see Topper, Kelce, and Rafe laughing while Sarah looks annoyed and telling the guys to shut up and Morgan looks like a lost puppy.

What's a pogue? Do they mean like the fish?

I finally get over to a barrel being surrounded by sweaty teens grinding on each other to the beat of the music and people making out or just conversing amongst each other.

"Hey!" I said to the tall shaggy haired brunette who was talking to a blonde and another brunette with a baseball cap on. The two brunettes turn around and awkwardly wave at me.

Without saying anything or putting any mind into what he was doing the blonde boy grabbed a cup and filled it to the brim with what I'm guessing is beer.

"Here." The blonde says handing me my cup and finally looked up at me. He looked up at me and his mouth fell agape like if he's never seen a girl before. And before I know it his hand is on the keg tap and it squirts all over my white top making my black bra somewhat visible now.

"Oh shit I am so sorry!"

"It-it's okay. I never really liked this shirt anyways ." I say slightly chuckling and looking down at my shirt. I look back up and see all three guys staring at me like they've just seen a ghost. I don't know whether I'm more uncomfortable because my bra and cleavage are basically on display to three guys or that they look horrified at the fact I'm not making a big deal about some spilled beer.

"You're new around here aren't you?" Asked the shaggy brunette haired boy.

"Yup just moved here today. How could you tell?" I responded with a tight lipped smile slightly annoyed that I didn't wear a sweater like mom told me to.

"Well your clothes just yell full kook. And you didn't turn into a complete bitch when JJ squirted beer all over you" responded the other brunette boy.

I chuckle under my breath. "Yea that's not the worst that's been squirted at me." It took me a second to register what I just said. "Oh my god that came out wrong!" I let out small a nervous laugh.

"Don't worry we know what you meant." The blonde said with the cutest smile I've ever se- NO STOP MADDIE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HIS NAME AND YOUR ALREADY FALLING FOR HIM. God this is my problem I catch feelings way to fast.

"I'm JJ by the way." The blonde reached his hand out for me to shake snapping me out of my thoughts. So that's his name! Yea I can see him being a JJ it seems fitting.

"And this is Pope and John b." The blonde finishes off his thought while signaling his hand towards his two who I am assuming are his best friends.

"I'm Maddison, Maddie is what everyone calls me tho." I say shaking JJ's hand.

"Wow you actually shook my hand without hesitating. You know what guys?" He walks towards me and throws his arm over my shoulder and looks at his best friends before finishing his thought. "I think we should take advantage of the new kook before those douche bags corrupt her."

Before any of us could respond or I could even ask what the hell a "kook" is. Someone pushed JJ off of my shoulder and pulled me behind them. I look up to find none other than Rafe. God what is up with this guy?

"Get your dirty hands off my girl!" Oh I know he did NOT just call me "his girl" I've only known this dude for 7 HOURS?!

I was too caught up in my own thoughts to even notice the fact that Rafe and JJ started arguing with each other. And it wasn't until Rafe threw a punch at JJ that I interfered.

"He-hey! STOP IT! Both of you." I yell getting in between the two dirty blondes with my hands on their chests staring at Rafe making sure they don't try anything else.

"Rafe I am not "Your girl" and I'm not an object to be claimed like one. I've only just met you today!" His face was in shock like if he's never been told off before. And if I'm being honest he probably hasn't. "I'm not dumb. Your drunk and your a guy!"

At this point a few people started to gather around hearing what I'm saying to Rafe. "I know what you want from me and it's never gonna happen. So why don't you go find a girl who isn't sober and is willing to have sex with you cause I sure as hell ain't." I pause before finishing my thought. "That's what you want from me isn't it? Sex." He doesn't say anything which gives me my answer. "That's what I thought." Rafe sends a threatening glare at me and the 3 boys behind me. It didn't effect me but It did the boys.

Some of the people around us were recording while others shared whispers and sending me odd glances trying to figure out who I am.

I start walking off to my car to grab a hoodie I saw in my backseat on our way here. I think it belongs to Sam but I'm not sure.

"Wait Maddie were you going?!" Pope yells out to me. I turn around to see all three boys waiting eagerly to hear my answer. "I'm going to get a hoodie from my car!" They all seem to get excited to hear I wasn't leaving which made me laugh.

"You're coming back though right?"

"Yes , JJ I'm coming back." I giggle while turning back in the direction of my car.

XoXo,
Lani❤️