"I love snakes"

"Help me with the door. Come on." Pope followed behind John b and tried helping him push the grave entrance open.

They both struggled. I don't know how they thought that the two of them would be able to push a wall made of stone.

JJ went over to help them. "Hold on. I got it."

"This door is like 700 hundred. It's not gonna budge." Pope groaned out.

"We didn't come this far to get this far, alright?" JJ said struggling to talk from the force he's using to push. "We got this."

"Whoa!"

"A snake!"

"No way! I love snakes." I looked around for the snake.

The boys and Kie all jumped back away from the snake. "That's a moccasin, all right." JJ said sounding excited. In a weird accent he said "Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass."

Then he started barking at it.

"JJ, shut up!"

"You're gonna wake the freaking dead man." Pope said pushing JJ away from the snakes direction.

"They're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that man." He responded back. "Wait, hold on." He walked in front of me pushing me back away from the snake.

"What?" John b and Kie asked simultaneously.

"If there's one there's probably dozens."

"Stop. You're scaring me." Kie said annoyed.

JJ ignored her and started barking again.

Kie backed away from JJ, John b told him to stop barking, and Pope repeatedly told him to shut up.

"Shut up." Pope whisper yelled at JJ. He turned to look at John b. "Look. We're not gonna get in there, alright? It's not budging. We should probably just go." Kie came out from behind me and shone her flashlight up towards the vines hanging from Olivia's grave.

"I can get through."

"What?" We looked up at where she was aiming her flashlight at. "No. No, no, no, no. You think you're gonna fit through the whole?" He pointed to the whole in the stone wall. "That whole?"

Kie sighed and gave her full attention to John b. "Look, this is about your dad. And honestly, I really don't believe in it, but you deserve to know the truth." She started walking towards the the whole.

JJ kneeled down to help Kie. "I'm gonna boost y'a up okay? I've seen it in the movies several times."
Kie ignores his little comments and places her foot into JJ's cupped hands. "Ready?"

Before Kie went in she removed her foot from JJ and looked at the rest of us. "Remind me what we're looking for." John be sends her a quick and subtle nod. "You'll know when you see it."

Well that's not very helpful.

Kie lets out a sigh and passes her flashlight to Pope. JJ starts to count down as a warning as to when he's going to boost her up, but doesn't get to finish when Kie boosts herself up instead.

Kie makes it in and asks for her flashlight. "You alive? You got, like a- a heartbeat and everything?" John b asked.

"So far." We could hear her walking around in the dark. "Uh... I need some more light."

John b put his lantern through the whole for Kie to maybe get some more light.

She hasn't said anything in awhile. "Did you find something?" JJ spoke up.

"Is it gold?"

No answer just Kie saying; "Oh my god."

Author note:

Sooooo... how y'all been🤗?
I've been miserable mostly because I have an extremely boring life. But at least I FINALLY UPDATED!!! Even though it's short 😃
Anyways have a great day/night/evening whatever time you're reading this at🤷🏽‍♀️

XoXo,
Lani❤️