Like a headless chicken

Rocky came running down the stairs barking when he heard the doorbell ring. I shushed him so he wouldn't wake up mom and dad but he ignored me and kept barking at the door. I made my way towards him and nudged him away from the door with my foot. He ran off into the living room with Morgan and Peter.

I rose up on my tiptoes and looked through the peep hole and was surprised when I was met with a pair of certain blue eyes.

I quickly unlock the door. "JJ? What are you doing here at 9:00 at night?"

The grin he wore on his face fell. Now he looked even more nervous than before. "We uh- uhm... we came to pick you up."

We? Who's we? I looked around and found the rest of the pogues sitting in the van. I return my gaze to JJ. A confused expression written on my face. "Okay, but why at 9 o'clock at night."

His mouth opened as if he was going to say something and then it closed without anything coming out. He scratched the back of his neck and let out a nervous chuckle. "Yea. I don't actually know where we're going. All I know is that John b won't tell us anything unless you're there so..." I knew as soon as he said they were here to pick me up and I was going to go with them. I'm tired of watching Star Wars. I just wanted to know where they were going.

I nod my head to him. "Okay, I'll come. But I have to change out of my pajamas first." I said looking down at my black and red plaid pants.

"Okay, yea. Take your time and we'll wait for you in the Twinkie." He said. His grin had made its way back to his mouth. It made me smile. I closed the door when he started to walk back to his friends.

I walked back to the living room. "Hey, guys. Imma head out for a bit." I quickly run up the stairs not giving them time to respond or ask questions. How was I supposed to answer their questions when JJ didn't even know why he was asking me to come with them.

I went to my closet and grabbed my favorite pair of gray Nike joggers. I stayed with the shirt I had on. It was a plain black spaghetti strap crop top.

I ran down stairs and slid my black high top Converse's that I had left by the door.

I opened the door and was about to close it when Rocky ran past me and started running around like a headless chicken. Kinda ironic considering I almost saw a headless chicken earlier today.

I groan in annoyance when he ignored me calling him. I wasn't gonna chase him cause then I would look like a headless chicken too. I waited till he tired himself out. Which took exactly 2 minutes. He threw himself onto the grass and was laying on his side panting. I went over and grabbed his collar leading him inside and closed the door before he could escape again.

...and then I heard a car honk at me. The pogues. I forgot they were waiting for me.

I checked my pockets for my phone before locking the door and running down the front steps to the rundown Volkswagen in front of my house.

Pope slid the door open for me and held his hand out for me to take, which I gladly did.

Once I was set in my seat I noticed JJ sat on the floor of the van. Grinning at me. I grinned back. Till JJ spoke.

"You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down." He was finishing up rolling a joint. "I'm just gonna lay low. Oh, did you want a hit of this?" He asked extending his arm out offering the joint to Pope.

Pope rejected it by putting his hand up and pushing it away from his face. "I keep the signal clear." I laughed at Popes choice of words. I like him. In some weird way he reminds me of Peter.