"Of course she's friends with Sarah."

I know the group probably has so many questions about what they just heard but I didn't care. I was thinking about what Hill said.

If you keep yourself out of trouble long enough maybe he'll send us back home

I look up at them and remember John b is still under water.

What if he ran out of air? What if he got the bends? What if he's drowning?

I got up and ran over to the edge of the boat with the group behind me and looked over for John b.

"He's definitely out of air." Pope said looking closely at the water.

John b rises to the surface and takes off his goggles.

"There he is!"

"Oh god Jesus Christ! Don't scare us like that!"

"How'd it go down there?" JJ asked John b. "Did you find anything?" He goes to help him up.

"Did I find anything?" John b repeats his question and tosses a navy blue duffel bag to JJ and starts to climb up the side ladder.

"Yea, there we go! That's my boy!"

"You okay?" Kie asks and helped him up.

"Yea, I ran out of air." John b was panting from holding his breath.

"You scared the shit out of me."

"Yea the cops were up her, but uh we took care of 'em." Pope chimed in still a little flustered from the whole cops situation.

"More like Maddie took care of 'em." Kie said sounding irritated. I don't understand why she has such a problem with. Or maybe she's just naturally a bitch. The groups gazes made there way to me.

"Yea how come your so buddy buddy with that cop?" JJ asked.

"Hey can you guys give me a ride home? Please?" I ignored JJ's question. I couldn't really answer it without exposing why my family and I moved here.

"Yea, sure. Where do you live?" John b asked.

"Oh, It's just down tha-" I was interrupted by Kie.

"Hey, guys? Guys bogey, two o'clock." She was looking out into the marsh where there was another boat.

"Do you recognize that boat?" Pope ask Kie.

"I've never seen it. What are they doing here? The marsh is closed."

"I don't know, but let's not stick around and find out." JJ chimed in.

"JJ, get the bowline." John b instructed the blonde headed boy.

"Yea."

Pope looks back at John b. "Should we wait on 'em?"

"No we're not."

They start panicking and rushing around the boat getting ready to leave.

I didn't start to panic cause I knew better than to panic In a serious situation. That was until they started following us.

John b was driving the boat while JJ yelled at him to go faster and Kie, Pope, and I look back at the boat following us.

I was thinking of all the things that could possibly go wrong when I was snapped out of my thoughts by a sudden gun shot. I wasn't paying attention, but luckily JJ was and pulled me down so I was ducking.

"John b get down!" JJ yells at him to get down and and away from the bullets.

"Oh my god we're gonna die!"