"Your move Broski!"

Morgan and I start walking back down to the boneyard. I changed my shirt into a hoodie I had in the backseat of my car. It was Sam's. I know it was his cause it's way too big on me and if it was Peters it would have been more fitting than it is. I was gonna ask Morgan if and what she talked about with Sarah and the boys but I was interrupted by a particular dirty blonde boy who shouted out to Sarah.

"Hey Sarah! Sarah, can I interest you in a tasty Milwaukee beverage?" He asked holding out a red solo cup in front of the the blonde girl.

"No, thanks." The blonde girl declined the drink being offered to her.

"Is it not fancy enough for you?"

"No we were just leaving-"

"Hey you know what?" Topper interjected protectively standing in front of Sarah. "I'll take it."

"I'll- thank you, man I appreciate it." He tried to reach out for it but JJ quickly pulls the drink back from within Toppers reach. He was slightly slurring his words and I'm sure that everyone could feel the tension rising. I had a gut feeling something bad was going to happen. But- then again when doesn't something bad happened when alcohol is involved?

"That's nice, but I didn't ask you. If you said "pretty please" than maybe. But you didn't" JJ was testing Topper's patients. I haven't known topper long but he doesn't look like the type of guy to have a lot of patients.

"Oh "pretty please". Pretty please?" Topper was playing a long with JJ's little game. JJ ignored him and turned back to Sarah.

"Here Sarah you can have it." He tried handing it to the blonde girl but before she could take it Topper smacked the drink out of his hand spilling it all over JJ and John b who was standing next to JJ watching the whole scene unfold.

JJ grabs Topper by the collar of his shirt and pushes him back. He goes in for a punch but John b pulls him away from Topper trying to calm him down but it doesn't seem to work.

JJ ignores John b and looks over his shoulder at Topper. "You're so funny, man!"

"Dirty pogues!" Topper yelled out to JJ and John b but that seemed to piss off John b cause he lunged forward and pushed Topper back getting everyone's attention.

"John b! We're supposed to be incognito remember?" Pope joined in to now try and calm down both JJ and John b.

From my left I can hear Sarah yell out to Topper.

"Babe, babe, babe, babe, wai-"

Before she could finish Topper ran forward and punched John b sending him to fall face first to the ground. Topper started kicking John b towards the water now towering over him.

"Hey John b, don't make me drown you like your old man, alright?"

That. That right there. That combination of words sent a cold shiver down my spine and it ticked me off. It brought back memories of my mother's death. She drowned trying to save me from the deadly waves that were keeping me under water. Every time I tried to come up for air another wave would push me down under deeper into the water. Even tho I just met John b, and I know Topper wouldn't really drown him- at least I hope not. I wasn't gonna let John b drown knowing I could have done something.

I was snapped out of my thoughts hearing the crowd start to chant "fight fight fight" over and over.

John b gets up from the water and lunges at Topper making him fall on to his back in the water.

The boys continue to throw punches at each other. The crowd keeps chanting "fight" influencing them to keep fight while me, Morgan, Pope, Sarah, and a few other people who have common sense try to get them to stop.

John b goes to knock Topper down but instead he flips John b over and grabs a hold of John b's head pushing it to stay under water.

I knew Topper wasn't gonna let go of John b's head anytime soon so I thought of the only person who could possibly get him to stop. His girlfriend. I ran over to Sarah hoping she would do something helpful.

"Sarah, do something he's gonna drown him!"

She didn't.

All she did was yell. Telling him to stop without actually doing anything to make him to stop.

"Topper, stop! No!" Was all she said.

I couldn't take it anymore all of the memories of mom came flooding back and I did something that I haven't done in a while.

I let me emotions out.

"Topper get off of him!" I ran up to Topper kicking him in his side making him roll off of John b.

I don't even think he gave a second thought before he grabbed me and body slammed me into the ground. It's a good thing I've been training every day since I was 10 or else that would have hurt a lot more than it did.

In a swift motion I pushed my leg out straight to the left which made Topper lose his balance and I flipped him over now on top of him. I took that chance a gave him a few good punches before I felt Morgan pull me off of him.

"What the actual fuck Maddie?! We're supposed to be a "normal family" remember?"

I ignored Morgan- not on purpose but I was distracted as I watched Topper wipe the blood away from his nose a crawl back over to John b who was still trying to collect himself. He went to grab John b and push him back under water when a sound went off.

Morgan and I looked at each other knowing exactly what that sound was.

It was the sound of a gun safety clicking.

We looked back over to Topper and see JJ has the tip of a gun pushed up against the back of Topper's head.

"Yea you know what that is. Your move broski!"

"JJ!" Sarah yells out holding her hand up to try and stop him. Her eyes were filled with fear as some people started to scurry away at the sight of the gun.

"Put the gun down JJ!" Sarah yelled out to him again.

"Did you say something princess?!" He yelled back out to Sarah.

Topper starts to move his hands away from John b slowly raising them up into the air.

"Okay we're good-we're good!"

Sarah turns around to the brunette girl standing next to Pope.

"Kie can you check your psycho friend please?!"

JJ turns around to the rest of the crowd that stayed around and held the gun up into the air and shot it twice while yelling out.

"Okay, everyone, listen up! Get the hell off our side of the island!"

Morgan and I's first instinct was to crouch down and cover our heads.

When I looked up I saw Pope and the brunette girl run over to JJ.

"Are you crazy?! You idiot!"

"Stupid!"

I was gonna say something but I heard some splashing in the water. I turned around just in time to see John b pass out falling into the water.

"Shit! John b!" I ran over to him catching Pope, JJ, and the brunette girls attention. They ran over to me next to John b with Morgan close behind.

Word count: 1261

Author note:
This is the longest chapter so far and I honestly didn't notice until I finished the last sentence

But anyways I think I figured out my posting schedule it'll be from Friday to Sunday because it usually takes me like a day and a half to write a chapter so this gives me enough time or if I'm working on it through out the week that way Ik it will be finished by Friday.

XoXo,
Lani❤️