Good enough distraction

So our plan didn't go as planned.

JJ got the wrong code for the lock of the shed the camera was being held in. And turns out the security man had a guard dog that nearly chomped on the guys, the dog barking caused the man to become suspicious- even after Kies quick thinking and saying the dog probably just found a raccoon, then I failed miserably at distracting the man while Kie tried letting air out of another tire.

I guess my boobs weren't a good enough distraction.

Somehow John was still able to get the 360 camera JJ was talking about. And now to celebrate our horrible plan that failed but also succeeded Kie is bringing us to the wreck to eat leftovers from the earlier hours.

"Stealing drones makes you hungry." Kie let out a sigh as John b parked in front of The Wreck. "What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ added as he got out from the back, turning and holding a hand out in front of me. I took it and sent him a thankful smile.

"It would not be pretty." Pope said in response to JJs previous comment.

I followed behind the pogues as they walked into The Wreck. The boys and I went off and stood near a window as Kie went the front and hugged a man who came out from behind the front desk. Her and the man exchanged some words before turning to look at us- one with a smile and the other with a distasteful look.

The boys wave awkwardly and I send them a smile with a barely noticeable wave.

The man let's out a visible sigh but must've said something good because Kie reacted by giving him a big bear hug and squealing out an excited 'thank you'.

She turned to us when the man walked to the back and motioned to an empty table, "Sit down."

The boys let out low cheers and hurry to sit down. I followed and sat the bar seats next to Pope.

A couple minutes later the man came out with his hands full of food.

I didn't realize how hungry I was until I saw how good the food looked. All five of us went at the food like it was our last meal ever.

JJ and John b started messing around and started throwing fries at each other, while I talked to Pope and he told me more about his scholarship. We were deep into our conversation when all of a sudden a fry hit me in the face.

"My bad! I was tryna hit Pope." I looked at JJ who had a goofy looking grin on his face. I picked up the fry in front of me and threw it right back at him. Much to my surprise he caught it. In his mouth. John b cheered when he did and I let out a laugh not had been expecting that.

~~~~~~

Kie's dad left before we finished eating our food, leaving Kie to lock up when we leave.

Right now we're just finishing up our food and listening to music Kie turned on.

She got up and started dancing around laughing the whole time. She points at John b and gestures for him to join her.

"Me?" John b points at himself acting surprised. Kie just nods with a huge grin on her face.

Them dancing was entertaining and it looked fun. Turning in my seat to ask Pope if he wants to dance with me, but I catch him already staring at the dancing duo. He looks upset. And if his face wasn't already a give away then the way he took and angry bite of his clam chowder is.

"Hey, what's the matter, Pope?" He glances at me before looking back at John b and Kie. "Nothing." He shakes his head looking down at his clam chowder and slowly moving it around with his spoon.

I narrow my eyes at him. Does he think I'm slow? "You like one of them. Don't you?" His head snaps up and he stares at me with wide eyes. "What?" I shrug, repeating what I said.

He shakes his head "N-no."

My eyes narrow at him "Yes you do." He gives me a defeated look, sighing. "Please don't say anything." I nod my head pinching my index finger and thumb together before dragging it across my lips. "My lips are sealed-" I bring my hand up to my heart and mark an X over it "promise."

He sends me a smile letting out a little laugh with a shake of is head when I cross my heart.

I look behind us and see Kie and John b still dancing and then over at JJ who's to busy sat at a table trying to build a tower with the leftover fries. "So can I know who it is?"

Pope sends a cautious glance at the dancing teens before lowering his head, looking at his clam chowder and letting out a barely audible whisper

"It's Kie"

I can't help but let a huge smile appear on my face. That's so cute!

"Awww-"

"Stop"

I stop and press my lips together looking down and playing with hands like a little kid that's been scolded. "Sorry"

~~~~~~

After Popes and I conversation about which pogue he secretly fancies, I got up and tried convincing JJ to dance with me so we could all be apart of the dancing and not just John b and Kie.

I did a horrible job at trying to convince him.

When I asked if he wanted to dance with me he laughed apparently thinking that I was joking around and once he realized I wasn't he scoffed telling me no and then proceeded to throw a cold and soggy french fry at my face.

Eventually it got late and the pogues took me home. John b told me they were going to test the 360 camera the next day and told me they would be at my dock to pick me up by 9 a.m I didn't have time to deny the offer because he was already driving away with JJ hanging his head out the window looking back and yelling out for me to be ready with a bathing suit.

Which leads to me getting ready right now at 8 something in the morning.

I was already dressed and now doing my hair. Well I didn't really do it. I just threw it up into a mid high ponytail with nots and all. I was wearing my favorite chocolate brown bikini that I've had for awhile. The top has straps that go around my back and neck. Then the bottoms are pretty cheeky, they don't cover much in the back but they are still cute. They have ties on each hip.

Over my bottoms I wore dark blue ripped jean shorts and paired it with a sage green tube top.

The pogues where at my dock waiting at exactly 9 like they said and now we're at John bs seeing if the camera really works.

A/N

I have nothing to say except I'm sorry for taking so long to update also this chapter is pretty boring

Love you all
Xoxo,
Lani❤️