Navy blue duffle bag

~✨JJ's POV✨~

We watched Tony walk down the dock and into his house before John b started driving the boat to the château.

"Holy shit!" Pope exclaimed gaining all our attention. "I can't believe we just met Tony stark!"

"Hey do you think Maddie knows the avengers?" JB joked.

"I don't know man, but it would be sick if she did." I responded.

All Kie did was scoff. "She's probably a daddy's girl who's a spoiled brat and acts like a bitch all the time."

The boys and I exchanged looks. I don't know why Kie is acting like this. Besides Pope she's usually the nicest out of us all, and the most welcoming.

It was silent on the way back to John b's.

When we got there I help Pope dock off the boat and then we all gathered around together waiting to see what's inside the duffle bag.

"What do you guys think it is?" Kie asked looking up from the duffel bag.

"Gotta be money, right?" John b answered.

"That or a couple of keys with street value to the low-to mid-mils!" I said enthusiastically.

"Can we please just open the bag!?" Poor interjected eagerly to see what was in the bag.

We all looked up at him in shock at his random outburst.

"Wow, Pope. That's a rare outburst of emotion."

"Okay, you guys are literally killing me with anticipation. Just open the bag."

"Okay, I'm going." John b said now rushing to open the bag.

"We almost died over this." Pope stated matter of factly. "And let's not forget that JJ dragged Maddie along and she almost died too."

"Hey I didn't drag her along I just asked if her and Morgan wanted to join us. And besides we have to take advantage of the two new- and did I mention hot kooks while we can." I say defending my side of the situation.

"Can both shut up so we can see what's in the bag?" Kie said annoyed shutting Pope and I both up.

We watch as John b opens up the bag and pulls out a silver thermos like compartment.

He unscrewed the lid, turned it upside down and we all watched as a rusty old compass falls out right into his hand.

"Oh, wow. Yup. That's about right." Pope says frustrated with the fact they only found a compass. " good job, everybody. We found a compass."

I sigh and pull my hat off my head and turn to John b to see him staring intensely at the compass.

"Dude, what?" I ask "it's not worth anything."

"This was my fathers."

Author note:
Sorry this chapter is so shitty and took so long but I have like total writer's block even though I started this book like two weeks ago.

But I'm gonna try to stick to my schedule of updating every weekend

XoXo,
Lani❤️