Chapter 2 - The Stare

Aifaa's POV

The sun smiled when the cloud appeared. The two were together high in the sky. Without them, no clothes would be dried and no beautiful scenery could be seen yet there was this one girl who hated them for being so brightened in the morning. Others would be contented whenever they see the sun and sky beaming up there but she was one of the thousand people not liking the day rather nightfall appear instead as later she must sit for the examination for History subject. The subject was kind of hard for her as she did not like learning about the past. She never got an A for this subject ever since she learned it. She got a B instead. History paper 1 will be started at 8 o'clock while paper 2 started at 10 o'clock.

She was walking straight to the Dataran with Nurul beside her with notes on her hands, reading and memorizing the important dates and their events as they will reach there for another numerous step. They were early 30 minutes and came at 6.30 am. In the meantime, Aifaa simply walked and spaced out. Thinking about the possibility of History. The possibility to change the subject to a better one. Then, wh-questions were all over her mind. It went berserk.

'Where did this all start? Where??!'

'Which country started the war first? Which??!'

'When the history took place? When??!'

'Who made this History subject? Who??!'

'Why History? Why??!'

'What made them think this subject was important? What??!'

'Huh?!!'

'And...'

They already arrived at the Dataran and she was still spacing out not stopping from her track. Whilst Nurul already stopped and stood in their usual place while lifting her baju kurung uniform a little to prevent it from the dirt. The other hand stayed holding notes and then she sat on the tar. There was 1 female student from the house economy stream and 2 female students from the religious stream who sat at the Dataran by that time. They seemed into the notes and notebooks while Aifaa was climbing the stairs.

Nurul realised her best friend was not by her side as she felt silent all over the place and eyeballs began to wander around. She saw a familiar student moving onto the stage. She instantaneously discerned the student was her best friend and slowly headed to her without grabbing any attention. 'Sh*t! What she's doing there?'

'How come I'm thinking about this right now? Eh??! Whatever' Aifaa thought.

"Aifaa! Woi! Aifaa!" Nurul called her in a whisper but got no response.

"What was she thinking? Ya Allah" She sighed with a sceptical front that could be seen on her countenance.

'How history was made? How??!' Aifaa still spacing out in her own world.

"Woi! What were you daydreaming about?" She asked and tapped her shoulder fivefold as soon as she reached upfront of her best friend.

"U-uh? What?" Her thoughts disappeared.

"I said... what were you daydreaming about?" Nurul asked the same question again but she did not answer it.

"Um... Uh... Nothing..." She said then smiling at her.

"It ain't nothing when you didn't stop from your track, Aifaa" Nurul crossed her hands and raised her brows.

"Okay, fine... just... thinking about the wh-questions on how History was made and blah blah blah... I don't like it" She told while her hands turned to a bunch of fives.

"We already studied this subject together last 2 weeks. Don't worry about it. I believe you can and do your best, okay? You wanna make your life better, right? We will crush it!" Nurul tried soothing her uneasiness as she knew it was quite difficult for her since she doesn't like the subject.