Chapter 8 - Wax Better

3rd POV

Nervous breakdown nearly got her,
One halted having no ideas of such states,
She stands up straight gathered the power,
It bottled her from judgemental senses.

"Dee!"

"Dee!"

Dee was wearing a hijab when her father called for her. "Yes! I'll come down now!" She shouted from upstairs. She quickly clasped a brooch in her hand to tighten the hijab and subsequently ran to the chair, grabbed her bag and descended downstairs to the dining room. She recited eat prayer and took a plate and cup on the dining table. There was sardine curry puff, otak-otak, chicken fried rice and a jug of tea. She spooned a spoonful of chicken fried rice and grabbed 2 sardine curry puffs as well as ate them before pouring the tea into her cup.

On the other hand, Nurul was feeling much better after a week of illness. She took her last pill after breakfast and all the medicines were completely swallowed at the minute and her mug glowing as the packet of pills was empty. No need to eat medicine anymore. She sat in her seat and kept on up with watching the drama while enfolding her small pillow in her arms. Her phone then vibrated as someone messaged her.

1 message from Aifaa

"Salam. What are you doing right now?" Aifaa texted her as she was bored and got nothing to do. She was laying on her bed while rolling to the right and to the left umpteenth times.

"Wasalam. I'm watching a Chinese drama" Nurul replied with furrowed eyebrows. Why?

"Oh... Am I distracting you? I'm bored" She asked while pouting. Alalala(cute - said in a gentle tone).

"Nay. Wanna watch the drama with me?" Nurul sent, hoping she will accept her offer thus she has time to waste without being bored.

"What drama? Should we invite Dee as well?" She asked and was a bit joyful as she has something to do finally.

"A mystery and romance drama. Oh, yeah. I'll message her" Nurul replied and immediately texted Dee not long after.

"Salam, Dee. Wanna watch a Chinese drama with me and Aifaa?" She typed and instantly sent a message to her. Aifaa answered her message not long after.

"Ah, okay okay. But... I'm alone at home and I have to take care of it. How?" She discerned the moment she glanced at the door and pursed her lips.

"Don't worry. We have G and Z. You can choose either one" Nurul promptly appeased her. She will not force her to come if she cannot. If there is a will, there is a way.

"Oh yeah! Yes, yes! I didn't think of them. Sorry hehe. G la(an affirmation, dismissal, exasperation or exclamation - used to change a verb into a command or to soften its tone)" She perceived there was another way to watch the drama with her best friend. "Dense, how come I didn't think of it?" She mumbled.

"Okay then. G coming..." Nurul replied and opened the app later. She then sent a link to Aifaa to invite her as well as the other clicked it and was inside Nurul's meeting room.

'What is she doing? Busy, maybe?' Nurul thought as she waited for Dee's message. It was Aifaa's turn to text Dee as Nurul did not tell her anything whether she already replied or otherwise.

"Dee oo Dee?" Dee was somehow quiet when Aifaa mentioned her in their group chat. They then watched the drama without her as she might be busy after waiting for 10 minutes and no green symbol on her profile to boot.

Both of them watch the drama in silence. No words were uttered. Only the blast zephyr could be heard. Plus, the voice of actors and actresses were in lead. A few hours flew by just like that and Dee replied at last. The two were done with the drama as they binged episodes of the mystery and romance drama for hours and stopped when Aifaa felt sleepy. Therefore, she took a nap for minutes before washing her face and subsequently prayed asar.

"Sorry guys. I'm working" Dee replied.

"Wait, you already working?" Aifaa questioned with a frown on her countenance.

"Where do you work?" Nurul's turn to query in a matter of seconds.

"Yes, and I work at a motor car company. I'm helping my dad in his office" Dee answered their questions and told them further.

"Also sorry for the late reply. Peace!" She added while chuckling as she could imagine what face they did just now. To a greater extent, they were not ahead of her yet she sensed it.

"Ah..." Nurul's brows knitted and sighed. No more wasting time together.

"Oh..." Aifaa pretty much blurs but an 'oh, she can't hang out with us anymore' was visible on her front after Nurul's sigh.

"Ala(sigh)... You are going to be busy from now on" Nurul replied. Sadly.

"I thought you are free" Aifaa sent.

"Haha" She giggled when they sent messages right away. The other two realised she is going to be busy from today onwards.

"Working on Sunday?" Aifaa curiously asked. Who works on Sunday though? 'The supermarket and mall were closed on the weekend, right?' She thought. Said who?

"You are working on the weekend too?" Nurul queried the same question after.

"I'm just practising today. My dad trained and enlighten me on what my task was. That's all" She explained while smiling ear to ear as to she and her father working on Sunday. Got spent her time with her lovely father.

She arrived at her house not long after. She was texting with them while slowly stepping out of the car. Her father already walked to the door and she remained pacing slowly let alone the phone still lingering on her hand. Not knowing her father accidentally locked the door forgot his daughter was still outside. The phone has remained there, she thought her father did not shut the door yet and kept walking.

Bam!

Till she bumped onto the door quite hard. Her phone fell down on her feet. Just noticed the door was closed and she immediately picked up her phone. She was relieved as her phone just cracked a bit. Her right hand pulled down the doorknob but stuck. She pulled it down one more time nearly opened the door but realised it was actually locked. "What? Why dad locked the door? I'm not yet inside" She knocked on the door numerous times until someone opened it and it was none other than his father. "Yes??? Wait, why are you outside?" Her father asked.

"Dad, you locked the door before I even touch it" She lazily said with a resigned front.

"Oh, yeah? Ah... I forgot I brought you to work just now" A forgetful father indeed.

"Dad... How com- you know what, never mind... At least you opened back the door" She whined then gently spoke with him. After that, she went to her room, showered as well as prepared for dinner.

Whilst Aifaa was playing multiplayer game with random people as she was bored. Again. Nothing much to do for the day as she did not have any idea what to do. Her back was hurt thus she moved to her bed and plonked on it and almost fell down. But she had time to balance herself while peepers did not leave the screen. She was too immersed in the game.

On the other hand, Nurul merely stayed in her chair and carried on with her Chinese drama while eating banana chips. Then, her younger brother, Amran and Suhairul appeared out of nowhere and disrupted her teasingly. The two wanted her attention as they missed their fierce older sister to nag and talk with them. They wanted her to share any story or experience. Wanted a precious time together but without the little sister, Zafirah, as she was busy gossiping with her best friends in her room.