Chapter 14 - Bumped Again

Dee POV

The sunbeam shot to the window and got into the glasses yet she did not wake up from her sleep. Not until the alarm loudly rang and Dee began to stir on the bed. She rubbed her peepers and shortly shut the alarm off. She then rose from the bed and took her outfit as well as went to the bog and took a bath. Once done, she wore her casual outfit and dried her hair with a hairdryer. The clock showed ten passed six and fajr prayer already resounded so she wore a prayer veil thereupon prayed.

She hurriedly grabbed her bag from the closet and descended downstairs to the kitchen. She stopped for a second at the dining table and put the bag on a chair as well as quickly washed her hands. She went to the shelf, took a plate and a cup and shortly walked to the dining table as she has to be hurried to get ready before her father. She spooned two spoons of Tom Yum fried rice and two chicken samosas and later poured Teh Tarik into the cup. She then ate them while looking at the clock as it showed twenty-five past six. A thought lingered in her head. 'I must end this before dad comes out from his room'.

Once finished eating, she grabbed the car key from the key rack in the living room and walked outside. She trod towards her father's white car and started the engine when suddenly her phone rang. "Who's calling me this early? Too early! " She muttered yet rummaged in her bag. She nearly answered the call but she paused and caught sight of the unknown number. "Wait, I've seen this number before but who eh? Don't tell me it's... Nah, not, right?" She picked up the call, however.

"Assalamualaikum. Hello?" She greeted with a quizzical expression.

"Waalaikummussalam. Hi, Dee!" The caller replied with a spirit and scope of her guess was right. It was none other than Nazri. "I wann-" Before he could say the next word, she swiftly ended the call. Sigh.

'I had time to cancel it before he said nonsense again... but s*rew me! Why did you pick up the call, moron?!!' She thought.

'Why you didn't save his number?!! Eh?!! Why would I??!' She fought with her thoughts but in the end, she blocked him and switched the phone to silent mode.

While waiting for her father in the car, she turned on the radio and listened to her favourite song as one of the male group songs was in tune. She boosted the volume a bit higher while her head started to dance on each beat enjoying the morning before going to work. Her phone vibrated one more time but immersion got the better of her that made her even wilder than before. Did not bother to check who was the caller. The car even shook wildly following her moves here and there as well as the phone kept vibrating numerous times. She got 19 missed calls from the caller.

Soon, her father closed the grill and opened the gate with its controller while walking to the car. She was in a normal state the moment she saw her father's shadow in front of the house. It was an embarrassing moment if her father saw it. Indeed, she was fortunate. For now. She remembered she was in the driver's seat thus stepped to the other side before her father gets into the car. Her father entered and heard the radio volume was higher than usual.

"Woo! Slow down the volume, dear" Her father gently told her and was very close to getting giddy as the next song abruptly become loud while began driving.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. Hehe," She replied while lowering the volume and giving a half-suppressed laugh.

While her father was driving, she switched on her phone in her hand and saw the missed call but shrugged it off as if she knew it was him. She messaged Nurul and got going typing to send a get well soon and words of encouragement. She told her to get help from her or Aifaa if anything happens and no doubt, they will respond as soon as possible. Her peepers then fixed at the window wandering outside along the road. She saw her father's workplace not long after the wandering time and put her phone back in the bag did not realise it was still in her hand.