Chapter 24 - Who's Capital N

Nurul POV

She was staring at the dark sky, inhaling the fresh breeze and began closing her eyes, exhaling the carbon dioxide. Felt great as she could recharge the energy to do her common things as usual. Everything seemed normal and she dreamed of this months ago. She opened her eyes, praying for her and the people that she loved and knew to ease everything, give happiness and live longer. She deeply breathed in one more time for seconds and breathed out for another second. She woke up early this day.

She felt much better after receiving treatment from Ustaz Tajul. There was also improvement in her lifestyle. She used to postpone her prayers but this time she will always be prepared whenever the call to prayer resounded. She will recite 2 pages of al-Quran after that for each prayer or at least a page with the meaning to boot. She felt lazy at times but did it natheless to be stronger and avoided herself from being frightened and disturbed by jinns and satans. Her face still feels itchy a bit but the white spot has already vanished.

She could walk freely without help anymore. After what had happened to her at Amanina's house, her back was hurt and earned a big swollen on the middle. Initially, she did not discern it but after she went to the bog to take a bath, she accidentally saw it in the mirror. She thought it was her imagination but the part was different in colour with red and blue. Want to prove it was not real or not, she touched it slowly and it was certainly real. Moreover, her bum was also injured and got a bruise in between. It was arduous for her to sit straight. She had to somewhat bend to do anything before perceiving what was wrong with her bum.

She made out her mind to make toasts for the whole family. Her mother was a little well but she wanted to help her. She wanted to put kaya spread for half of the toasts and another half for condensed milk. She took out the kaya spread and condensed milk from the fridge and put it on the table. She went to the shelves and grabbed a frying pan and a spoon and put the pan on the stove and spoon on the spread. She started on the stove and browned 14 pieces of bread with 2 additional pieces of bread in case any of her family was still hungry.

She then made a cup of coffee for her father and a jug of tea with low sugar for the others except for her mother. Her mother should be drinking warm water only for now. It was better for her health. She knew her mother will ask for a sweets beverage later but she could not risk her mother health even once. She pitied her mother but promise she will when her mother is already better. Once breakfast was done, she ate 2 kaya toasts and sipped a cup of tea.

Later, she did laundry and hang clothes at the clothesline. While hanging, she hummed her favourite idol's songs and kept taking a quick look below until the end. Living on the 3rd floor was a little tiring as she became lazy whenever she has to descend the stairs and climb afterwards especially if she had to bring things with her. She brought the basket inside and unhurriedly shut the door.

She was bored so she clicked a social media and scrolled down, reading and glancing at once in a go. Nothing got her attention yet after half an hour. Consequently, she scrolled again with excitement. Reading and observing people was fun for her as she could get some news, stories and information about unpredictable matters. But then, she unexpectedly saw a familiar username named Zambri after reading a tweet. 'Is that the same person that I know? Nay, I guess that's someone else. Not him. Ya, not him... Impossible' She guessed with certainty.

The tweet was saying "I miss you, N. I hope you're looking at me when I gaze at you but you're too busy with your own world. One day I will tell you how I feel towards you" She read one by one.

Wow, such a romantic guy. A man that she dreamed of in the future and hope that her future husband will like her like that as well. Sympathy for him as he did not tell his crush yet. Or did he already? She has to find out later. It was not the issue though. She knew she did not follow him yet when she clicked on his profile, the follow button turned into following. Since when? She was perplexed.

Surprisingly, the display profile showed the owner none other than the Zambri she knew. The photo was clear but the person in it was a bit far so she could not recognise who it was at first. After she clicked on the profile photo, it was indeed him. "What the??? As far as I know, I didn't do it! But who's capital N though?" She mumbled while furrowing her eyebrows. Was it a coincidence?

She might be accidentally clicked and followed him. Who knows, right? But she knew better. By some means, she stalked him further. She wanted to know what has happened to him after their friendship was broken. She might get some inklings about her and most importantly, the people she had a crisis with the most; Amanina and him. One was already accomplished but the other one(him). She did not know what to do. It became awkward between them.

He was kind of famous as he got 5314 followers. What a massive follower oi! His tweets were mostly about love and pain as well as trust issues. Strange. Plus, love was not her thing thus cringed when she read those love tweets. Bizarre for her but him. She carried on scrolling again until she found the one she was intrigued by. Wait, no! There are more than one!

'The people that I know starting from N are Naimah, Nabilah, Naura, Norashikin and Nor. All of them are our classmates' She thought.

'But I believe there are other students' names begin with N too. Wh- Aargh! Whatever!'

Another three tweets that grabbed her attention were it was about the same person(guessing the way he tweet). It looks like he got hurt by the capital N. It went like "How dare you to despise me with derision and said nasty things about me behind my back, N" Auch. Why did my heart earn a stab from this? What nasty things though? She wondered. Then, the second tweet went like this.

"We've been friends for months and I never thought that you'll do such things to me albeit you look innocent" And followed by this.

"I abhor you from now on! Such a two-faced girl!" After reading the tweets, she kind of offended. Why those tweets were making her dolour? As if she did those things to him. Sort of like an indirect story about her. No no no! It was not her fault. Not wanting to be vulnerable, she withheld it certainly.

Yet she could relate the second and third tweets to what had happened between them. She did not want to be sad thus instantly shaking her thoughts. Instead, she discovered news as well as articles. She found an article after reading some news about mental illness. The article took her curiosity as she wanted to know more about mental illness. A few minutes later as she attentively reading, her phone rang. 'Who is it disturbing me this time? Aiyoo!' She lightly sighed.