Chapter 18 - Surreal

3rd POV

Farahain greeted them first while the other two glanced at each other before they greeted her back. There was abruptly full of people so Farahain brought them to the side of the hallway. There was a halt time after the greeting as they felt awkward meeting outside the school for the first time. Farahain initiated a conversation nicely and politely which was bizarre for Nurul yet listened anyhow. The essential talk began.

"I-um... I'm sorry" Farahain hesitated and apologised in an almost inaudible sound with a sad front.

'What's wrong with her? So sudden?' Nurul thought and heard the sorry while doubtly looking at her.

"For what I have done to you before this" Farahain added. But Nurul and the others could not hear what she said. So many people around them.

"What did you say? Wait, I think we should talk outside. I can't hear what you said just now with crowded people here" She said and turned to Dee with broad eyes as a sign to follow her.

"Nurul, I will wait at the Baked Famlys Cafe, okay?" Dee interrupted as she did not want to hear their conversation anymore. It was their privacy.

"I-Okay, see you" She replied and felt defeated as her best friend did not perceive the sign.

"Bye, Farahain" Dee bid goodbye and tapped her shoulders twice to soothe her nervous system as well as shortly walked away.

Nurul gazed at Dee till she disappeared and reluctantly spoke to Farahain to tread outside together. Farahain replied yes then they started walking side by side. No words were uttered along the way to the entrance door. Neither her nor the bully classmate. It was one of the awkward days in her life she does not want to encounter again in the future. Once arrived, Farahain immediately carried on what she had missed earlier.

"I'm sorry for what I have done to you before," Farahain said thereupon bowing. Nurul was surprised and at the same time, incredulity either it was real or just a prank. Confusion could be seen on her countenance.

"I know it's hard to forgive me... But I filled with remorse and shame. After I had known the truth" Farahain told and started telling her from the start.

"I... I don't know" She uncertainly replied.

"Amanina was sick since... 6 months ago" Farahain sadly spoke. To her dismay, Farahain slightly quivering.

"Are you okay?" She anxiously asked and grasped her right arm.

"I-I'm okay. T-thank you" Farahain stammered.

"Um... Let's sit there" She searched for a bench and found one close to them just about at the corner of the mall as well as showed it to her.

"O-okay" Farahain acceded while she brought her there and loosen her arm.

"So... What happened to Amanina?" She queried.

"She's not like she used to be. She looks like... Someone new" Farahain told with a frown on her front.

"Someone new?" She questioned and furrowed her brows.

"She didn't admit I was her best friend" Farahain answered with a disappointed tone.

"What?" She whispered in disbelief.

"She had changed and I don't visit her anymore since then," Farahain said.

"How was she the last time you met her?" She curiously questioned.

"She was out of her mind when I approach or get close to her. She acted like a madwoman and screamed at me to get out of her room" Farahain replied, almost weeping as she does not want to remember that day again.