Chapter 15 - The Recall

Aifaa's POV

Boring life made such a person fainéant thus blur not knowing what to do. She was one of those people and was deep in thoughts, thinking about work after weeks of doing nothing. Just watched dramas on the television and did house chores every single day. She wanted to work just like Dee but she has no idea where to start. She walked from the balcony to the kitchen back and forth and thought about the vacancies in her area. Her mother was already asleep while the others were not at home. All her siblings and her father had their own family as well as busy so they cannot come and spend time with the two of them.

"Work as what? But..." She mumbled.

"Are there any vacancies left in this area? But either at the grocery store or supermarket eh? Where to start? From the right or the left?" She was contemplating.

She did not want to work far from home as it could take hours. She then looked at the dark sky where the stars were alongside the moon and a cool breeze made her shiver yet soothing. She made a titanic pose with a grin on her front and felt like she was on a beach when suddenly a few hairs stuck in her mouth. She spat the hairs out and muttered under her breath "Puih!(spitting) What the?!!"

She then stepped inside and securely closed the door. She walked to the living room and leaned on the walls. She let out a light sigh and grabbed her phone on the table beside her and switched it on as well. She opened a social media and pushed the home button. Her eyes intently looked at the screen while scrolling down with a firm countenance.

Later, her legs moved and crossed the moment she clicked on a page specifically for vacancies. She scrolled and scrolled when her friend abruptly private message her. She felt trouble was coming. She sighed heavily and put her tongue on the inside cheek. She shut her peepers and put her left hand on her temples massaging while wondering what this person want.

"Naimah? What she wants?" She muttered and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Aifaa, there is this one grocery store that has a vacancy and urgent" Naimah messaged as she posted a question on her social media in the morning if any places in City Prince got an available vacancy.

"Ya Allah, I feel bad for assuming that she was disrupting me earlier" She murmured with an apologetic front. She thought back to that one day which was 5 months ago, she was furious with her because she was not in the mood to answer her questions. 

She was sitting comfortably on her chair while reading a mathematics textbook page by page. She was bored.

"Aifaa!"

"Aifaa!"

Naimah called her all of a sudden as she wanted to ask a question but she did not have a mood at the moment. Naimah called her one more time while tapping her arms and shortly shaking them not knowing her temper ambience raised. She cannot compose any more and accidentally rose her voice higher than usual. D*mn!

"D*mmit! Shut up, will you?!!" She yelled. Naimah was taken aback by her pitch. She was as well.

Everyone in the classroom was looking at her with a startled and horrified expression. She knew she was at fault for making trivial attention. Yet shamelessly looked at them. They hurriedly turned the other way the moment she craned towards them and all pretended to talk with each other. She rolled her eyes and stared back at Naimah.

"I'm... Sorry" Naimah looked at her and paused a second before saying sorry.

"I'm sorry too for raising my voice" She also apologised as it was unintended. She cooled down her fuming anger and soon do the Islamic studies homework. It was relaxed after the incident and she got lots of ideas to write her answers in the high-level questions part. Not even half an hour, Naimah asked her a random question about a mug. Aargh, not again. Why mug? Why me?

"Why a mug easily shattered?" Naimah queried and stared at her with an innocent face.

'Allah! She starts again! Why she is my tablemate?' She thought.

She slowly breathed in and out before looking at her. She gave up this time and gently told her the reason but then Naimah shot her another question. What the? She immediately excused herself and went to the toilet alone not giving a hang to tell Dee and Nurul where she going. What a pain in the neck. Naimah made her annoyed.

She did not feel her bladder was full yet threw it nevertheless and entered a cubicle on the left corner. Once finished, she opened the door and walked to the sink. She pushed a liquid soap and washed her hands while thinking whether she should go back now or wait for a little more. Glad for her, no students were in the toilet thus she could pretend she just appeared there.

"Should I wait or..." She mumbled while treading to the entrance door.

She then moved outside and eyeballs fixed to her classroom. Regardless of how she wanted to avoid Naimah's questions, she abruptly saw Badri. Please, not another one. The bully kept teasing her whenever they met. He seemed like he was looking for someone from outside the class and a frown was visible on his front. After Naimah, it was Badri's turns to make her grumpy even more.

She does not want the same thing to happen once again where he put both hands in front of the doors and did not let her in. Hence, she waited until he was gone even it could take longer than she thought. The teacher did not come yet as she kept peeking into the classroom way. Not until she saw a woman's figure under the 3rd floor treading upstairs to her class, consequently she sprinted to the class. Sh*t!

She thanked Naimah after the event memory. She discovered information about the company and indeed needed a few workers. She went to the kitchen not long after and grabbed a packet of spicy nuts after drinking some water as she was thirsty and peckish too. Before she eats the nuts, she cleaned a pan in the sink as well as washed the sink. She promptly returned to the living room and switched on the tv. She watched a Malay drama while eating the spicy nuts till she feels sleepy and falls asleep after.

An ache in the head made her awake from her three hours' sleep. She also got a forgettable dream that makes her cry and a tad hurt on her left thigh. She slowly sat upright and reached for her phone on the table to use it as a torch as she's lazy to switch on the lamp. As she pulled up the pants, she saw the colour of her skin was different at the core. 'Since when did I have a bruise?' She frowned. The bruise looks new and reddish blue. 'Guess I bump into something by accident yesterday or maybe this morning' She inferred and dozed off after yawning.