Chapter 3 - Confession

Dee POV

The wind starts picking up in the forenoon. The cold breeze blew on her skin the moment she moved on the road. The road was kind of noiseless and smooth much to her liking. Merely a tad car, lorry and motorcycle were moving on the road at the moment. She was riding her motorcycle to school with a charismatic pose as a man would do but a happy expression. She knows today will be the last day as in the last subject and she will get her freedom in the afternoon. Yet not even a smile could be seen on her front.

There is no such freedom if she is still alive. She wants to get out of her comfort zone as she will be an adult in a couple of weeks. No easy way to get what she wants. If she wants to get straight A's, she must get out of her comfort zone. Learn, study and practice. Leisure time is also freedom but that was another matter for her.

She was grateful for that but the freedom she really wants was dead. Some matters made her easily surrender with hope. Yet she chose to give up. And this time she will show them, who look down on her as being a tomboy, she could get what she wants with hope and of course, it would shut their judge a book by its cover and laser mouth. But still, she wants to be dead at times caused their words shot deep in her ticker. Is it wrong to be a tomboy?

She arrived not long after and parked her motor in the middle. She then walked inside and headed to the Dataran. She went to her favourite spot as well as the other two and sat on the tar while separating her bag from her back. She put the bag on the tar and open it to find her Mathematic exercise books. She flipped the pages one by one and began memorizing the formula and looked at how the answers were made. Good for her she got a nice grade for this subject which was an A before and had to teach her 2 best friends 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the examination.

Concentration got the better of her the moment she opened her exercise book. Her best friends later arrived and sat beside her. Nurul was on her left and Aifaa's on the right. They greeted her after that and she answered back without looking. The two then began doing what she had done earlier when she sat down on the tar.

30 minutes had passed, she cannot wait to answer both paper 1 and paper 2 as well as she wanted to finish early and go back home after. She had been doing Mathematics exercises since last year. Every single day. Practice makes perfect indeed. It was fifteen past 7 and the teacher on duty reminded all the students to bring the i/c, examination slip and pencil box as well and no bags were allowed inside.

Before walking into the examination hall, she prayed so she will do well and wanted her memory to be strong until the end as well as for her best friends to boot. She then started to walk inside while hands holding those 3 important things and sat on her chair. Aifaa and Nurul were looking at each other while making a fist as a sign of fighting and punched the air. Then, they moved their eyes to her way. She merely eyed Aifaa and Nurul and subsequently smiled and giggled at their antics. Silly wags.

____________________________________

Dee was leisurely walking to the motorcycle parking lot after the last paper ended with ice cream in her hand. And finally, SPM was done! No more exams! She finished the remaining ice cream and rub her hands to clean the ice cream cone dust. She reached for her motorcycle and put her bag in the basket. But then, she saw 10 sen on the side of her basket and wondered whose coin was it. Even just 10 sen it was still valuable.

'Whose 10 sen is this? I don't remember putting my money in the basket' She asked herself in her thought. Strange.

"But it's in my basket. Means that it's mine, yes? Ya... definitely mine" She whispered while caressing the coin. Is it really her's?

'How come I forgot I put it here? Or it slipped from my wallet, perhaps?' She eluded while accidentally mumbled in an audible sound and slowly picked the coin.