Chapter 10 - Iedritch Aghast

3rd POV

Knock! Knock!

'The battery already 1%? Mak aih(sigh), in an instant? I need to charge it' Nurul wanted to charge her phone but the person who knocked on the boor beat her to it and unbeknownst to her, her two best friends texted her as well as she just had time to look at the battery percentage before the knocking started. She then put her phone on the seat.

"Who's that?" She shouted while walking to the door and twisted the knob later.

"Your friend" The unwelcome guest answered and stay put until she opened the door.

"Amanina?" She was shocked but her face said contrariwise as she quickly composed herself before meeting whoever the unwelcome guest was.

"Yes. Um... I wanna give you this" Amanina said and gave her a plastic bag. A sincere smile was visible on her face.

"Oh, thank you. Food again?" She thanked and guessed it was food as Amanina gave her spaghetti carbonara last two weeks. She also beamed as she got another food again from Amanina. She was a good cook howbeit.

"Yup, I made popiah yesterday," Amanina told and nodded at her question.

"Woah, popiah... I like popiah. All types of popiah" She said and almost stared into space thinking about various types of popiah in the world.

"You like popiah, really? That's good. By the way, how are you?" Amanina grinned ear to ear after she said she was interested in popiah.

"Yes! Hehe. I'm fine thank you. And you?" She giggled at her demeanour and returned her query.

"I'm fine too. You must eat those popiahs by today, okay? I'm afraid it will be expired early" Amanina told further as she was afraid if anything bad happens to her. Guilt-ridden.

"Don't worry. I definitely will" She said and smiled after with a nod.

"Okay then, I have to go now. See you again soon. Bye!" Amanina looked at her watch and then bid goodbye as she has to go now.

"Okay, see yer. Bye!" She waved and bid goodbye as well. She then stepped inside and closed the door. She immediately put the plastic bag on the dining table and washed her hands before serving the popiah on a plate. "Whoa, mushroom and carbonara popiah? These look delicious. Let's try" She said under her breath as the popiah looks appetising and made her drool. She then grabbed mushroom popiah and tasted it before trying the carbonara popiah. Both were marvellous. 100 per cent. But she liked carbonara popiah more. Once done eating, she went to her room and charged her phone when abruptly she recalled what had happened yesterday at ante meridiem.

Nausea started engulfed in her belly. She straightly sprinted to the loo although her head wildly spinning. She gagged multiple times yet nothing came out. She unexpectedly threw out blood after the retch sickness. Afresh episode. But this time with a clump of hairs. A 15-centimetre long hair was stuck in her windpipe. She pulled it all gently in horror yet did it nevertheless.

She put the hairs on the right side of the sink as proof to show her parents and siblings but what was the most crucial was the proof she needed to keep. She leaned on the wall and slowly slid her back till she fell on her bum to the floor. Not knowing there was blood trickled and splashed on the floor and on her shirt as well as blood dribbled on her lips. She tried to stabilise her respiration as her heart beats faster than usual. She gently inhaled and exhaled innumerable times while thinking about death.

The doctor told her it was just a sore throat but why did the same event occur once again? Much worse than the last time and this time there was a clump of hair too. She was a human and she ate meat. Not hair. How come she puked hair? She was confused. She rubbed her temples while shutting her eyes to soothe the dizziness. She did not bother to clean the blood. She stood up and walked out of the loo. She went to her room with wobbly legs and a shaking body. She took her phone under the pillow and slowly sat on the floor. Not wanting to make it dirty and smelly with her vomit. She then switched on her phone looking at the time.