Chapter 25 - Unfavourable Eventuality

Dee's POV

Break time coming, she sat and ate with her five close workmates at a food court in a hypermarket. She almost completed a bowl of Laksa Penang after some minutes of eating non-stop while the others were talking about their crushes as well as eating. Suddenly, one of her haters also a workmate, Jasmin who was holding a cup of tea, poke fun at the way she walk ahead of her and laughed. Being such a tomboy, her walk does look like quite a man even her gesture and pose showed how masculine she is on the outside. Yet, some people do not like her because of that. She knew what was about to happen as this is not the first time it occurred in her life. 'What a rubbish' She thought.

She merely looked at her with uninterested air and subsequently continued eating the remaining laksa. Her close workmates did not notice yet as they keep talking about trivial matters with fervour. Jasmin sat ahead of their table in an opposite position and put her tea as well as did a pose like a man in the body wonderful competition. She showed off the muscle pose to irritate her. This sick girl intentionally chose the table close to Dee to continuously ridicule her as she felt dominance. Dee told five of them to consume promptly as time is ticking but actually she doesn't wanna be in the same place as Jasmin. She saw what Jasmin did but regarded it and ate the last spoon of her laksa. She then proceeded with a cup of coffee and sipped it with pleasure.

One of her close colleagues, Syamila sensed something was wrong with the aura around her and looked around. Surprisingly, she saw what Jasmin did after thus it made her furious. She raised her voice calling for Jasmin to cease her making fun of Dee but Jasmin did not care at all and resumed mocking her saying nasty things related to Dee's parents. "Does your parents didn't educate you to be feminine when you were a kid? Aw, poor them" Jasmin sneered with a disdainful air. Dee heard every single word Jasmin came out of her mouth. This b*tch d*mn laser! "Better you zip your lips," She warned and gritted her teeth.

She tried to soothe her anger with 5 seconds of hold respiration and gulped her coffee a little, dampening the parch trachea and shut her eyes for a while yet Jasmin proceeded with another mock. The latter mouthed "lesbo" and "Nazri will be sad". She didn't care about the first offensive word but was beyond surprised as no one knows about the latter. She only told Aifaa and Nurul. NO OTHER HUMAN. This is f*cked up! She raged and began pushing her chair backwards quite hard and walked towards Jasmin.

She grabbed her up by the collar and pulled her close. Customers and workers who were eating there were surprised by a sudden commotion. "Woo! What's happening though?", "What the h*ck she's doing??!", "Look at them! They were fighting!", "Record guys record". A distant murmur of buzzes. Some of them intently looked at the two while gossiping mostly about Dee as they saw she started the ruckus. Believe it or not, this happens whenever particular ones got provoked and the people around were quick to make rumours without facts as they believe what they see more than hidden gospel truth. A sharp stare from Dee made Jasmin irritated her more. It was a sign that the battle would be intractable if no one stopped them.

"Wanna say that again directly to my face?" She grimly asked.

"H*ll yeah, bitch! Les-" Jasmin replied and smirked the moment she nearly repeat the same offensive word.

"You!" Dee pushed her to the wall at the back and snorted.

Jasmin was beyond startled. Her back was pretty much smarting after it banged the walls quite intense. Dee did not care if she earned a bruise or swollen because this sh*t deserves it. After throwing a piercing gaze for a moment, she looked up and whispered at her right ear. "B*tch is an offensive word, sis. Better watch what you're saying. And lesbo as well" She then stepped back a little and loosened the grip on the collar. Jasmin desisted and seemed hesitant to move. Cat got her tongue. It was obvious but it did not stop there.

The five close colleagues halted when she pushed the chair and their eyeballs broaden the moment she pushed Jasmin. They watched farther while thinking when is the right time to chime in. Honestly, it was fun to watch. D*mn, Dee's hot! A rare moment to cherish and adore for the five of them. Yikes! As she backed off, Syamila and Hani, two of the five trodden toward her. Syamila asked if she was fine while Hani patted her back. She replied with a nod and showed a lopsided grin.

But then, two of Jasmin's friends, Aira and Dania appeared at the food court and weirdly looked at Jasmin. "What is she doing?" Aira questioned. They then craned towards Dee as to why she was upright too. There was a small gap between the two to boot. "So close. How can Dee still survive? Jasmin doesn't like her and her mouth is smelly oh" Dania casually mumbled thus got hit on her arm. "Wait, what did you say? Jasmin is your friend, clever" Aira responded sarcastically as she heard what Dania had mumbled. With a fake smile, Jasmin looked at Dee and diminished their proximity with Aira and Dania following behind.

"Your parents surely didn't educate you eh? Sucks" Jasmin mimicked her whisper and sniggered joyously.

"Don't you have other things to do, grandma?" Syamila was furious. When will she let Dee alone?

"What the f*ck?" Aira swore whilst Jasmin seemed mad. Meanwhile, Dania still did not perceive anything that had taken place just now.

"Did she bully you before, Dee?" Hani interrupted while tilting her eyebrows.

"A few times but I don't sense her presence sometimes" Dee nonchalantly replied.

"Good. If she did this again in the future, just you wait plain insensitive woman. We gonna bite your arse" Hani emphasized the last three words to pay back what Jasmin did whilst the other three of her close colleagues threw daggers at Jasmin, Aira and Dania in case these brainless women wants to taunt her again.

"Bullsh*t, scumbags!" Aira interjected.

"Oho, you wanna try also, bastard?" Syamila monotonously queried and rolled her peepers.

"Whatever, losers!" Jasmin raised her voice with a not-so-intimidating mug. Tch!

"See yer, kn*bhead" Hani said while showing a queen wave.

"Thank you, Hani, Syamila" Her lopsided smile turned to a sincere one.

"My pleasure," Syamila and Hani said in unison but the latter exaggeratedly added "boss" and raised her arm in a triumph salute.

"Let's sit back" She summoned. The two nodded and walked back sitting at their table.

One of the three told her if she or anyone does that again to her, beat them. It will be satisfying. Hani exclaimed that Dee has silat skills so she wants her to use them to defend herself albeit it is wrong to misuse the self-defence education. Still, they wanted to see it once before they die. The others agreed with that. Just tell them and they will work it out together as well as beat the h*ll out of them for her if she felt sympathy for the antagonist. They would do otherwise.

They heartily laughed at the remarks and with amusement, Syamila clapped on the table numerous times. She could not hold her laughter. Those remarks were hilarious. Dee merely nodded because she knows she could not stop them. She accepted whatever they offered as they looked genuine and she knew she will not fulfil their wants and will not follow their advice unless someone forced her or if she had to. A smidgen of obstinate and froward seldomly but would do it anyhow.

She hastily paced away later putting the bowl in a basin under the sink at the left corner and went to a tranquil place. All of them gazed at her weirdly then looked at each other. The three excused themselves as they had tasks to be done early after zuhr and asked Hani and Syamila if they could check on her. They wanted to know what was wrong with her but sadly could not. Worriedly, Hani and Syamila sprinted and followed her after bidding goodbye. Neither Syamila nor Hani knows where she was headed thus sent her numerous texts asking where she is until they give up after Syamila told maybe she needs to be alone.

"Dee?" A familiar voice hesitantly called her. She was resting in the surau and thought there was no one in the room though.