Chapter 27 - How Come

Nurul POV

The next day, habitually, she washed her hands after finishing her work and looked at the mirror fixing her tilted black bawal hijab that she did not know was neglected. She also faced herself giving the confidence to be verve until the end although her enthusiasm was a bit weak. She needed this to hide her vulnerable side which people could use to make fun of her. She became sensitive and reserved when it comes to people who tease her personality that either she rarely shows or could accidentally do it. 'You can adapt and cope with this new environment, Nurul. Focus on your purpose. Don't hear what the simple-minded said'

She then walked leisurely back to her father's office while looking around. She did not know why she always did that but it was pleasing for her. She never stepped in a factory even once but since this job made her she felt a tad delighted. At last, she reached before the office, sighing why negative vibes linger in her mind out of the blue every single day. She twisted the knob opening the door and saw her father did not finish working yet so she decided to stroll outside the office and fain as there were not many people in her surroundings. Her father already told her this forenoon he has to do his work and will be lateish.

Most of the workers started to leave and only some overtime workers were left here. Abruptly, one male worker appeared at the rear. She was slightly shocked and promptly went to the toilet pretending she did not see him. She did not know he work at the same place as her. His face was bright when he saw her. She decided to hide as she did not want to talk with him. She got distracted by her feelings regarding his confession yesterday. Mixed up with stress, pangs and reminiscent of great rendezvous.

She felt relief after less than a quarter of minutes of idling. Without thinking much, she washed her hands with liquid soap. Soon, perceived that her hands moved by themselves or it was just her habit that she did not discern. "Wait, just how many times do you wanna wash your hands?" She muttered to herself and frowned. "Oh, yeah. I think I could go now. He's not gonna wait any longer, right?" She mumbled before walking to the door.

She peeked behind the door to the right and left afterwards to make sure no one saw what she did just now. Countenance became crimson red but shrugged her shoulders as she assumed no one saw it. She changed her expression to a serious one as she heard steps close by and noticed a female worker got out from the middle cubicle. She trod back to the office in an instant while internally praying hoping he is already back home. She then mumbled. "It's embarrassing if anyone saw me talking to myself. They might think I'm crazy"

Her peepers were maundering and body dancing a little when she was confident enough there was no one before and behind until she reached in front of the office. She nearly twisted the knob but the male worker earlier beat her to it. She sensed a presence nearby and it turned out he was upright next to her. His eyeballs were fixedly at her but she averted her peepers, pronto in panic. He was there all this time? What is he doing here? Not again.

"Sh*t! Why I met him here as well?!! Better I proceed before he begins to speak" She whispered with a grotesque front. 'Dad, please help me'

"I like you, Nurul"

____________________________________

She chuckled after reading Aifaa and Dee's messages in their group chat. They were quarrelling over who is the most good looking idol in a group for nothing. She just got time to read their chat as she was busy with work. And now, it is time to gossip with this baby brat and tomboy. The exchange gossip begin.

Lub dub! Lub dub!

Nurul: Guys, you wanna know hot gossip for today?

Aifaa: Quick! What is it about?