Chapter 9 - Afresh Incident

Nurul POV

Nurul wanted to lose at least 10 kilograms as her weight was upsurged recently. She dragged her little sister to accompany her not wanting to do it alone. She went to Yellow City Lake with her at twelve past eight by car. They arrived then swiftly jogtrot for the first round and panting like a dog especially Nurul as it was been a long time since she did this. She was not an active student so she merely sat in her seat and did her work. Even at home, she helped her mother with house chores and cooking thus she was lazy to work out or to do anything related.

They went for the second round and stop for a few minutes before continuing the jog. The third time went by and they looked pale spesh the older one. Zafirah still has energy for the last round but Nurul. She was out of breath the moment they reached the same point. The last round came and she forcefully jogtrots albeit exhausted with Zafirah ahead of her. She paused halfway for several minutes, piling up her oxygen in her body before resuming the jog unwillingly. And despite her eagerness, she was the one who wanted to run slowly but easily threw in the towel.

She then craned to the right as her peepers roamed around and blinked the moment she saw a familiar boy and two girls standing and talking with each other. She screwed up her eyes and a sign of recognition popped out as a bulb in her cerebrum flashed brightly once. No way. Not knowing how unclosed classmates were talking like they were boon companions. Yet in her optics, they were bosom friends ever since.

"Aren't Amanina and Farahain supposed to be with him instead?" She wondered and more thoughts were coming to her mind.

'What are they talking about?'

'They looked close though not talking much in class'

'Maybe just coincidence?'

'Wait... Are they planning something?'

'Naimah, Ain and Zambri in a circle? Wow.'

Naimah was an infantile as well as silly temperament. She was Aifaa's former deskmate. She was also talkative and clever but there was a flaw in her that made Aifaa almost burst outrage at times when Naimah always queried her questions. At the wrong place and at the wrong time. Plus, Ain was the girl who did not like Dee. She got light brown skin and was narrow-minded too. Nurul took a stealthy look at the three from afar while walking back to her house. Yet her steps became slow. Zafirah rotated her head and saw it thus she complained.

"Can you please quick, sis? I'm tired... I need water" Zafirah urged her to walk quickly.

"Ya, ya... Wait for me" She shook her thoughts away and rushed to Zafirah. They walked alongside until they arrived home.

"Relax... I'm walking, okay" She told while making a 'stop complaining you tiny sh*t' face.

"You are walking like a snail. How I wanna be patient if you're slow?" Zafirah retorted and rolled her eyes after she looked at her countenance.

After reaching home, she went to her room and promptly stepped to the bog as well as brought her comfy plain pyjama. She took a bath while thinking about what had taken place earlier for a moment. After that, she wore the pyjama and stepped out of the bog. She dried her hair with the towel then found her phone as she forgot where she put it earlier. She already searched in her room and the kitchen but did not find it.

She went to the living room later and found it on the side of the seat as it somehow stuck after closely looking for it under the table and seat too. Good that no one sat on it or lost it in a hidden place if not then it would be difficult for her as she switched the phone into a silent mode after she prayed subuh. She then messaged Aifaa and Dee in their 'We becoming older la' group chat. Thence, she knew who will reply to her chat first. Excitement for the grapevine for them with the omission of Dee.

"Salam, guys... I have gossips. Quick! Online!" She typed and sent it not long after.

____________________________________

The moonlight could be seen from the land thus the sky was dark, showing the time to have a breather or stand down. And unshackled from strenuous to boot. She was laying on her bed leisurely, playing multiplayer games before she went to the bog. After half an hour, she brushed her teeth starting from the below line and carried on the above ones. She then moves on to the back of the teeth and to the front next. She was immersed and nearly finished brushing when she abruptly heard someone knock on the door twice. She groaned as she still not complete brushed her teeth yet.

"Aih, I'm not done yet... Ugh!" She sighed then muttered while furrowing deep her brows.

'Who's knocking? I didn't hear anyone's talking' She said internally. She wondered who. She then opened and peeked outside but no one was there while the toothbrush remained in her mouth.

"Or is it Suhairul or Amran? They like to prank me and the lil sis" She whispered as she thought either one of her two brothers trying to tease her. Yet she does not know who. Plus, not knowing a little toothpaste spitting out from her mouth when she whispered. Ew, yucks. Hence, she just shook her head and rolled her eyeballs. She also did the muttering one more time.

"Yeah, funny bro. Just you wait..." She then slammed the door pretty hard as she has almost done with brushing yet one of her brothers deranged her.

She spun back and stuck with what she did before. Once ended, she looked herself at the mirror for a minute and then coughed for quite some time as her trachea felt irritation as well as a flaming sensation. She then moved to the bookshelf at the corner of her room and picked a romance novel.

She walked to the bed and sat on it thereupon leaning over on the headboard. She then read the novel for an hour or two. Later, she drank water half of the glass in one go to say nothing of always brought a glass of her favourite water bottle to her room after dinner. She laid hold of her time for another one hour to read one more chapter. Once finished, she caressed her teddy bear and instantaneously dozed off not long after.

Buzz! Buzz!

Her phone vibrated and got messages from someone or two but she did not hear it.

4 hours passed with a cold breeze and peaceful sleep, the sound of her bed could be heard as it was moving as she arose from her sleep and quickly stood up. She wanted to throw her excrement as her bladder was full thus she went to the loo. After 10 minutes done with urinating and cleaning, she washed her hands with soap and got out. She felt thirsty so she went to the kitchen first and took out a bottle of cool water from the refrigerator. She grabbed a glass as well and poured half of the glass and brought it with her. She walked to her room, sat on her chair and gulped down all of it once again.

"Ah... Why I'm so thirsty these days" She moaned as she got cool water to wet her windpipe.

"Nice... Alhamdulillah, now I can sleep back" She mumbled then put the glass on the table. She went to the bed and tucked the duvet on her lower body. Furthermore, she abruptly sensed something stirred in her trachea. There was a tingling sensation that made her shed tears a bit and disconcertment in her encephalon.

"Wh-" She was cut off by herself when she started to cough again and therefore, it cannot be stopped.

Nausea started engulfed in her belly. She straightly sprinted to the loo although her head wildly spinning. She gagged multiple times yet nothing came out. She unexpectedly threw out blood after the retch sickness. Afresh episode. But this time with a clump of hairs. A 15-centimetre long hair was stuck in her windpipe. She pulled it all gently in horror yet do it nevertheless. What the? Hair?

Disbelief that was yet right on the mark.