Chapter 26 - Known Anew

Nurul POV

Nurul was working at her father's workplace in an automotive factory at Dragon Hill. It took almost 30 minutes to gain there by car and it was her first day working. Her father sent her work application to the human resource department yesterday thus she got a call from the factory yesterday evening. As a result, she got nervous badly this morning and heart racing like madness but the interview took place just now smoothly. Luckily, she gets to work later on a bit late after a female assistant human resources checked the available placement for the new worker.

Her father actually asked if she wants to try to work with him 2 days prior but she pondered for quite some time. She was a tad afraid to work in a big company spesh with more than 10 workers in a place. She felt a surge of apprehension whenever a huge crowd surrounded her as she will become uneasy. Her father told her she was an adult. She should be like the other workers who work hard to make a living for themselves and their families and not caring what others say.

On top of that, she will work with her father into the bargain. She did not have to worry as a few workers will assist her as sure as eggs are eggs. It was the only opportunity to work with her father and can strengthen the relationship between them at once. Her father also added the experience of working will be needed in the future and go get herself some money. Once her father mentioned money, her peepers brighten up tout de suite. It made her enlivened. After thinking about the possibility and the outcome she may get a hold of, at last, she agreed to work. That was how she started to get a work. This was her first time after all.

Being vertical beside, her father ordered her to search for O-324 oil filter first in the store and bring them near to her workplace in the middle as well as calculate them. She grabbed a hand truck trolley then went to the store next to her father's office while eyeballs looking for an oil filter box with a mini signboard printed O-324 on it. It was on the right side of the store thus she lifted one by one and put them on the hand truck trolley. There were three male workers in the store gazing at her as she appeared out of the blue. One was writing and the other two seemed like they were talking something.

Neither she perceive nor twig around. Yet somehow or other felt bizarre with the store aura. 'Why the environment here... So peaceful?' She thought. 'Don't tell me the workers are staring at me right now?' After walking to the door, she briefly craned. Indeed, her guess was true. She was embarrassed but regarded it off as she has work to do.

The three workers never saw her thereupon questioned each other about her the moment she walked away to her workplace. She did what her father ordered her earlier then inspected them after calculating the oil filters and wrote the total on an A4 paper with a black marker. Later, her father went to another department to send a document while proudly grinning. She was quite a fast learner after one try and could do it faster than her father expected. "She's fast. She did a great job"

Her father then ordered her to do another five boxes following the number of demands for the day. He trod to his office carried on doing his work after he told her to set aside damaged goods and put them on the table. A total of 10 boxes was done after two hours which made her throat feel gritty and tight. She sluggishly went to the locker, took out her water bottle and swigged it down her throat fivefold. She was supposed to do the job with another two female workers but they had another priority work to do as another boss(her father's friend) ordered them to glue and clean the excess glue on the O-328 oil filter.

Her father came to her workplace not long after with a few recycle boxes in his hands and taught her how to sellotape the box he took just now to put defective goods. She got 15 boxes to do so thus her father carried on teaching her where to write the numbers of defective products on each box. What do you mean where? Although she felt strange with it, she just followed rather than doing the job with her style. Making people mad was never in her dictionary.