Chapter 23 - Working Day

Aifaa POV

All of the six colleagues were talking about trivial matters while Aifaa just listened at first but did not give attention to them after they talked about other workers spesh personal matters. Not wanting to expand more sins. It just wasting her time to listen to those bad-mouthing people. You got unsolved problems yet poking into others' life? That sucks. Onslaught deficiencies of shortcoming people for their everyday entertainment. Once she finished eating, she looked around and perceived Badri was not there.

'Where is he? Isn't he usually eat with them?' She wondered. But she shrugged it off and yearned to find a quiet place to be alone.

"I'll go first, okay? I have to do something. See yer" She told Izzaty while standing then walked to the sink.

"Wait! Never mind..." Izzaty wants her to wait a bit before resuming working, relaxing more with them but she already trod away so she just let her go as well as kept going on tattered with the six colleagues.

She washed her hands with soap and directly went to the cashier counter after paying for the meal. She walked to the store afterwards and carried on with her work. She began writing the numbers of stock available on the goods stock paper in a black report file. She almost completed writing but steps could be heard at the entrance and the distant murmur of a pair. She knew they were a few customers who came so she hurriedly wrote the remaining numbers for stocks out and signed her signature below the paper.

She speedily sprinted to the cashier counter while her eyes searched for the customers. She let out a sigh of relief as they were still finding things on the food shelves. 'Ya Allah, my heart is going to flee from my ribcage the moment I raced here with that speed' Her peepers were wandering around not long after the customers paid for the snacks they took, reminiscing the memory of working here. She then told Izzaty she wanted to go to the toilet and started treading. Yet her phone vibrated. She leisurely switched it on and checked on the notification.

A little surprised as she got an email from one matriculation that she succeed to pursue studies in the same state she lives in right now. She smiled proudly and prayed for gratitude toward Allah and everyone that support her till now. Actually, today will be her last day working as she got a total of 35 days before pursuing her studies. All her colleagues knew it so they want her to wait for a little longer to give presents as well as say goodbye and such before she went back home. After reaching the toilet, she put back the phone in her pants and washed her countenance.

____________________________________

Dee POV

It was nearly 5 o'clock. She gets ready to go back home but her father still doing his work. He told her there was something he needed to finish first before going back and could take 30 minutes or an hour. Hence, her father told her to wait in the car if she is bored. She nodded and thought of strolling around the building but was afraid she will make a distraction to the workers. In the end, she did what her father told her and descended the stairs directly to the pathway outside. A minute later while walking, her phone vibrated. She clicked on the notification like greased lightning and gazed as she received an offer from Selangor University for Diploma in Physiotherapy.

"Alhamdulillah, I got it. Of course, I will accept this bro. I will tell dad once he is done with his work" She mumbled while smiling.

She hastily switched off her phone and put it in her bag. Her eyeballs then travelled 360-degree angles and halted when she saw a short(a little bit taller than her) and robust man. He has a mohawk hairstyle and brown skin too. He showed his back before her while holding a phone in his hand as it abruptly rang. She took a glance and was attracted to him as his attire was neat and smelled good despite his short mohawk hairstyle which was not her interest at all.

She heard what the man speak with the caller but shortly regarded it off. 'You're not supposed to give attention to that... But he smells nice... And neat suits, bro' She thought while grinning joyously inside. "Where did he buy the perfume though? It got a little strong smell but at the same time made me intoxicated with the fresh-cut grass, tea leaves and vetiver that got balanced with amber and musk to boot" She whispered and carried on. "Eh? Since when I know such detail about fragrance?"

She continued walking to the car and somehow felt exhausted. So, no more eyeballs roaming at the surroundings or strolling anywhere but stay in the car. She searched for the key in her bag and got into the car after she found it and subsequently unlocked the door. She promptly switched on the radio and inserted a pen drive full of her favourite songs in the USB 3.0 hole. She chose a boy group song and turned the volume up a bit as well as did not discern she did not lock the door. Her body immediately moved, following the beat and rhythm of the song with passion.

Woo!

"Yeah! Nice music!" She shouted while dancing.

As she listened to the next song, she looked outside and saw the same men earlier now in a sitting position on a bench near the pathway. He was some steps upfront her and finally gets to see his countenance. She almost gaping and drooling over him but could prevent it from happening in a matter of minutes. She then squinted her eyes attentively to see his figure. 'Please eyes, be clear' She prayed inside. Slowly, her eyes broadened in shock. She perceived who it was. He was texting as the movement of his fingers like he was typing and somewhat was waiting for someone.

"No way??! What is he doing here??!" She accidentally raised her voice and peepers stayed widening. She was shocked.

"My eyes won't betray me. It's Nazri, right? Why is he here?" She was lost in the clouds of questions.

Nay!

The car was moving a quarter of minutes later. She was startled by the sudden motion. Yet after 5 minutes, consciousness got the best of her as she apprehended that she made a huge mistake. She forgot to lock the door and secure the car. Ya Allah! The possibility of strangers getting inside the car was 100 per cent for sure feasible. And worst if she got robbed or else.

'My dreadful day! Aargh!'