Chapter 4 - Called to Mind The Past

Dee POV

Flashback(2011)

She was sitting on the floor alone while waiting for the silat practice. She was quiet and got no friends there since Nurul and Aifaa were not interested in silat uniform. They chose scout and were far away from her silat place. They all got a curriculum day on Saturday accurately at zero past eight in the morning. While waiting for the curriculum to start, her peepers wandered around since she got nothing to do and suddenly a male senior drew near her from the front. She has seen him around a few times at school when she and her two best friends were strolling during recess. He then sat next to her with a 0.5-metre gap between them.

"Assalamualaikum. Hi," He greeted with a smile on his face. He almost looks short like her but a bit taller than her. 'Cutie shorty boy' She thought.

"Waalaikummussalam. Hi," She replied casually with a 10-second smile.

"What's your name?" He asked while fidgeting with his hands.

"Madhihah but people called me Dee," She told and wondering why he was playing with his hands. Such dense and oblivious she was.

"Oh, Dee. My name is Muhammad Nazri and people call me Nazri. No nickname. So... how long you've been learning silat?" He said reluctantly then looked at her eyes when he asked her another question.

"No, never. I just wanna try and this is my first time" She casually answered and her apathetic shrug shoulders were visible.

"Oh, I see. Where do you live?" He questioned her and somehow made her a bit entertained. She was bored, to be honest waiting for the practice felt like waiting for her soulmate to show himself at this moment.

"I live in Garden Path" She replied while eyeballs looked directly upfront her as she thought the silat coach already arrived but no.

"I live in Garden Path too" He also straightly looked in her eyes direction and was nearly shocked. Nothing was there though.

"Oh, okay..." She was not feel entertained anymore and felt hot as the bright sunlight made her sense the beginning heat.

"From what class are you?" He queried one more question. Not showing any boredom on his countenance or voice. When this will ended?

"I'm from 1 Smart" She answered anyway as he might only want to get to know her precisely as a new friend.

"Oh, I'm from 2 Wise" He told her and the other students all of a sudden were hastened to their own places.

"O... kay..." Her peepers securely roamed their way and saw a male adult walking this way with his silat outfit.

"U-" The silat coach arrived and cut him off. She began got up and queuing at the back of a line of female students.

Once the curriculum ended, he accompanied her to the bus stop while talking about silat matters and they became friends since then. They coincidentally met again after a week but this time he grinned from ear to ear and shouted her name meanwhile she just showed a lopsided smile for a minute and raised her hand as well as waved to him. She then chuckled and slightly shook her head with his personality that she never knew he has. Zippy and genial.

____________________________________

3rd POV

Flashback(2013)

Aifaa and Dee were going to the toilet as Dee being Aifaa's company as always also Aifaa's bladder was full as well as cannot hold her bladder anymore. Plus, two is better than one. The excuse Aifaa chose to avoid herself from entering the class alone. Whilst Nurul was peacefully reading her English textbook. Her deskmate, Nabila was gone meeting with teacher Aimii as she wants to ask questions regarding science subjects as she could not take in what teacher Aimii taught last week. It was supposed to be English time at the moment but the teacher was unwell and asked for a day leave. They all were waiting for a substitute teacher to come and take care of them yet he or she was nowhere to be seen. But suddenly Farahain laughed out loud.