Chapter 17 - Familiar Ones

3rd POV

Aifaa, Dee and Nurul were hangouts at a nearby mall at 10 o'clock in the morning. They got into the arcade as soon as they reached the fourth floor by escalator. They swiftly went to a token exchange machine at the right corner of the arcade and inserted six ringgit for six tokens. Mostly all the games required two tokens for one round except for special games that required three tokens.

Aifaa and Dee walked to the shooting game arcade and played shooting zombies while Nurul was next to the shooting arcade and played drift racing car. The two grabbed the pistols and were startled and craned at each other as the weapon was heavy than they thought. Oh my! Are these sacks of rice or what? These pistols were leaden as to why they had to use both hands to carry them while playing.

Whining and exclamations could be heard not long after as Aifaa was into shooting the zombies that keep coming her way. Whilst Dee directed her eyeballs at the zombies and easily killed them all. Not bother to help the oldest. Sorry, not sorry. The oldest whined and told Dee that was unfair. The zombies that came her way were more than the other.

Hence, Dee won the first round with the shooting game and the second round was going to start after they moved to another arcade game. She just followed what the other chose thus she stayed put behind Aifaa while peepers roamed around. The latter was pondered which game to play next yet she saw Nurul was playing a racing game. The tallest was engrossed in the game, moving the steering efficiently to the left and right as she drives it for real. So, the oldest trod there and looked at her playing for a brief moment.

"You looks scary, Nurul. I think it's better if you don't drive me in real life" The oldest said.

"I don't think she hears what you said just now" The tomboy replied as she saw the tallest engrossed in the game.

Aifaa then glimpsed the arcade machine beside Nurul and saw no one so she made a duck face twice as a sign to Dee to sit beside her. She decided to play the drift racing car game next to Nurul while Dee played on her left. Nurul finished playing the car game after several minutes they sat and moved to a basketball arcade. She went there alone as she had fun playing by herself and wanted to try all the games if possible. She literally forgot about her best friends the moment she started playing the arcade game.

Aifaa, on the other hand, was playing noisily this time when the game started. Meanwhile, Dee just using her face, playfully showing expressions. The latter complained later to shut her mouth as she was loud but Aifaa did not listen to her. She huffed and puffed irritatedly. How could she peacefully play when the best friend beside her made a noisy and high pitched sound? Aargh! She was annoyed.

Aifaa won in the second round in consequence of her boisterous voice. Dee surrendered and soon, shook her head with her demeanour. She lost because of her. She's being loud. Tch. Once done, Aifaa went to the basketball arcade with Dee followed behind and once again looked at what Nurul was doing. It was the last shot for Nurul. She has thrown for numberless times. For the last shot, she effortlessly threw the ball into the net and easily scored another 2 marks.

Aifaa wanted to play the basketball game with her this time. She wanted to beat Nurul's score as she was athletic in school. She believed she could beat her score. Dee started to record a few videos of them and be vertical 5-metres at the back. She cannot keep up with Aifaa's spirit anymore as she commonly played in silence. Before Aifaa could throw the ball, Nurul was irritated as she kept following what she had played before.

"Why do you keep following me???" She comically whined. Those two laughed at her as she became childish.

"The way you played made me wanna play too" Aifaa commented and later shrugged her shoulders.

"Aargh, you are annoying!" She responded and rolled her eyeballs with a sour mug.

"I always am" Aifaa replied.

"You two wanna play or bicker? We don't have forever to be here" Dee monotonously said.

Consequently, Aifaa won in the third round as well. She was noisy and loud when she played with Nurul too. The latter was noisy but only her stomping sound could be heard. Aifaa then wanted to play The Fighter but all her tokens have been used. Dee worried if she use all her money just to play games, ergo she gave her the remaining tokens as she remembered she has two tokens left in her pocket. She does not want to play anymore.

Her bum and the vertebral column began to ache as she sat on the firm seat while playing the car arcade earlier. Not long but she fortuitously bent too much to that extent. After recording some more videos of the two, she went outside the arcade as she wanted to look around. Who knows if she could find something interesting. She glanced at them for a minute and shortly tittered.

Those two playing like a kid as they bounce to fight each other in the fighter game to the point where they strongly bang on the buttons while jumping happily. They will be dead if the owner was there and saw what they did to his or her game machine. The counter was a bit far from where they played as well. Guessed they will never be caught. Or will they? Nurul will not back off until she wins this round that being so she instantaneously pushed on all 6 buttons in one time. Whilst Aifaa could not keep pace with her and groused till the end.

Dee abruptly saw her classmate, Farahain who was walking with a mysterious man as she could only see his back. Her gut said he was someone she knew. Farahain and the man went into a branded garment store opposite the arcade. She thought he was Zambri because his hairstyle looks just like him. Or Badri, maybe? She keenly gazed right away not caring about Nurul and Dee. Her gut was right. It was Badri in the first place but Zambri. She rarely came across her classmates at the same mall thus it was a bizarre occasion.

"Farahain with... Who's that? They seemed contented..." She mumbled while kneading her chin.

"Hm... Where are Zambri and Amanina? The foursome was always together howbeit" She said under her breath and leaned on the wall behind her as well as peepers travelled around till she saw another familiar couple trod side by side.

"They look lik-" Nurul broke off her curiosity.

She abruptly called her while Aifaa treading on the heels of her. Dee spun and waited for them. After reaching ahead of her, they began discussing where to go after this as Nurul and Aifaa were finished with the games. Felt fulfilled. As a result, Nurul won in the last round with her sudden tension although Aifaa felt a bit upset, she enjoyed especially when Nurul's spirit came out of the blue.

"What do you guys wanna do now? Stroll around or what?" Dee asked while looking at the two of them.

"I think we should stroll around first" Aifaa replied. Dee and Nurul just nodded. They did not have much choice and will go along with where any of them wanted to go before going back home.

"But before that... I wanna tell you guys that I searched for a job last week and found one at a drugstore. And maybe started working next week" Dee told.

"Alhamdulillah, that's good!" Nurul excitedly replied as her best friend was going to work for real this time and could expand her circle of friends.

"I'm happy for you!" Aifaa happily said as she feels proud of her.

They began walking while talking alongside as Aifaa was in between Dee and Nurul, on the left and right respectively. Dee then remembered she saw the two classmates just now so she told them. Their mugs showed what she had expected spesh Aifaa. She tried so hard to avoid him until this day and prayed she will not meet him by chance today or forever will be much better. But immersion chatting got the best of them.

Not knowing Badri and Farahain were behind them. They could not hear what they were saying but the familiar voices made those classmates jog beside them and glance in their direction. Surprised was visible on their faces as they came on with Dee, Aifaa and Nurul at the mall. One of the classmates promptly pulled Aifaa's hem. In the meantime, Dee and Nurul were asked to come behind the other classmate.

'What do they want?' The two of them have something that initiated queries in the trinity brains.