Chapter 5 - Getting Sick

Nurul POV

Knock! Knock! Knock!

A sudden knock on the door broke Nurul's reverie. She screamed 'wait' at the unwelcome guest and instantly went to her room taking her hijab and cardigan. She wore them and ran to the door as fast as she could not wanting to make the unwelcome guest wait for long. She then opened the door and shock was visible on her face.

'What is he doing here?' She thought. She saw he was holding a plastic bag but shrugged it off after he started speaking.

"Assalamualaikum, Nurul" Zambri greeted her with a hesitant smile and somehow or other was on pins and needles.

'He might be tired climbing to the highest floor. Not my fault though' That was at least what she thought.

"Waalaikummussalam" She replied and smiled back.

"Um, Amanina wants me to give you this," He said and showed the plastic bag then put his hand on the back of his neck as he was somewhat anxious.

"Oh, Amanina gave me this?" She meant this for herself but he answered her natheless.

"Yeah, she said she made it for you. And I don't know why suddenly she asked me to give that to you" He told with a frown on his countenance.

"Oh, thank you by the way. For sending me this... And... If you're meeting Amanina again, can you tell her I said thank you?" She casually asked.

"Most welcome. Yeah, anything for y- uh, I mean yes, I will" He stuttered. 'Bizarre. He's usually not like this' She thought.

"Okay, bye... And thank you again" She waved and then thanked him again.

"No problem. Okay, bye-bye" He opened his mouth and wanted to say something but shut it before bidding goodbye. 'What's wrong with him today?'

'But... why Amanina made me this? Weird. I never give her anything but speak. Okay, let's see what she made for me' She said internally while walking to the dining table after locking the door.

'Woah! Spaghetti carbonara? It smells good! I'm hungry... Gonna finish this all by myself'

Buzz! Buzz!

[A message from Aifaa in 'We becoming older la can't believe it' chat group]

"Let's hang out this evening guys at Prince City's playground. 5 o'clock, okay?" She read.

"Okay, mummy. 5 pm it is" She typed while mouth following what she was typing.

"What for, Aifaa? You're boring... but 5 pm, will do. Sorry if I'm late and see yer guys this evening" She read then guffawed at Dee's silly remark. The playground was close to their apartment but Dee. It took her 15 minutes to reach their place.

5 hours flew by, Aifaa and Nurul were sitting on a long wooden pew while gossiping about what had occurred earlier. Nurul told her everything. She and Zambri were friends for months but then he stopped talking with her until this day. Not having any idea of what happened to him and why. He just speak with her just now and she was a tad glad. He still remembered her.

"But I can see he gawped and rubbernecked at your way whenever you walk or speak"

"That's how you made such theory, Aifaa?"

"It's real, weh! I saw it with my clear and superb optics, okay"

"Forget you not? You have a long-sighted problem, are you not mummy?

"True... but I knew what I saw. And how dare you?!! You wanna say I'm blind?" Aifaa felt offended a little. Dee arrived not long after their banter. She took off her helmet and put it on the motorcycle's side mirror.