Chapter 19 - The Visit

3rd POV

4 days flew by with Aifaa and Dee working and Nurul resting at home. The dark grey and orange environment showed it was already fifty-one past six and almost maghrib. After the work time ended for Aifaa and Dee, the three of them decided to visit one of their classmates, Amanina. Nurul was the one who persuaded them to visit her as a company to reciprocate her kindness on the day they played at the arcade after the unexpected encounter. But before that, Nurul waited for Dee and Aifaa to shower and be prepared for the journey.

Aifaa drove to the address that Farahain gave to Nurul. Meanwhile, Dee was talking with Nurul about the possibilities that would happen to Amanina. Aifaa merely heard what they chat about and tilted her eyebrow. Peepers looked straight to the lane with a tad peeping on the front mirror to see what they were doing. Hands steered to the left then to the right and the lane was vertical again so she steered back to the natural position.

"You believe what Farahain said to you that day?" Dee asked, sceptical of Farahain's behaviour. Why apologise out of the blue? It does not make sense.

"Yes, 100% sure because I can see it in her eyes" Nurul answered with confidence as Dee did not listen to the sorry and reasons that day.

"Okay, if you say so... I think Amanina is stressed or such" Dee reacted.

"Yeah, could be that but I think someone made her mad or might be she is sick" Nurul replied.

"Hm, maybe. Yet she was fine though at school. Why she is like that at home? It's her house, not a jail" Dee hesitantly said as Amanina was never absent from school.

"Ya, she looks good. Or someone disturbed her not?" Nurul knitted her brows trying to find the answer.

"I bet she doesn't have a good relationship with her mother or father and other things also developed to it and made her become that crazy" Dee plainly said.

"It must be tough for her to live that kinda life till she is out of her mind like that. But she is nice what" Nurul retorted.

"Might be one of them did nasty things to you" Aifaa interjected saying that maybe someone does not like her spesh her personality.

"What are you talking about?" Nurul instantly queried, furrowing her brows as she was curious.

"I'm just saying. Who knows someone might envy you in silence" Aifaa nonchalantly said.

"No, I don't think so. She treated me gently, okay. But Farahain... I don't know about her. I don't care. It's not nice accusing people like that, Aifaa" Nurul disagreed. Not wanting to accuse any of them spesh Amanina as she has been serving kindly to her even though they were not close. She then threw a piercing gaze at her.

"Who knows if Farahain or Amani- okay, okay. I'm sorry" Aifaa looked at the front mirror and saw her gaze and subsequently apologised instantaneously. It was chilling. Nurul's face looks like a pale ghost.

"Yes, no proof don't indict" Dee made a grotesque mug and also disagreed with Aifaa.

"My fault, my bad. Not gonna talk about it, I promise" Aifaa surrendered.

"But... Are you okay, Nurul?" Aifaa asked as she was worried about her health. She was just cured. Aifaa wearily thought because anything bad could occur. The same thing could occur again to Nurul.

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry about me" Nurul softly answered back.

"Tell me instantly if you guys abruptly feel unwell or uneasy. You hear me?" Aifaa authorized as she still has time to change the plan and drive back home.

"Alright, boss" Dee answered with a hand on her temple to give a salute.

"Don't worry, we are fine and I already got my energy back" Nurul happily smiled. She knew Aifaa was worried about her since that horrible dark day.