Chapter 20 - The Revelation Two

3rd POV

Amanina's room was kind of smelly and dirty. The moment Amanina's mother opened the door, they could feel eerie and dark. All of them were anticipating for Amanina to talk spesh Nurul. Their hearts throbbed like crazy with every step they took. Amanina's mother looked at them as she worried if her daughter will harm them. The room's light was kind of dim so her mother used torchlight instead. The three of them moved slowly until they stepped on something by accident.

'What's under my feet? Oh, sh*t!' Aifaa thought.

'Nah, it's nothing. There's no ghost sitting on the floor. They don't even have legs. But why does it feels a bit sharp?' Dee thought.

'No no no, this is not a haunted house. Why would I feel scared? It's not that I disturb them... Wait, did I?' Nurul thought. The three of them were afraid to let out a voice.

There were torn papers on the floor. It have been used with scribbles and made Amanina's room look messy. They also pinched their nose to prevent the smell. They could smell piss and shit though. Yet to Nurul the scribbles were something else. She saw all the papers were written with a black pen marker. Amanina's mother then passed the torchlight to her and waited behind the three of them. The other two just follow Nurul.

The latter directed the torchlight to the floor as she wanted to know what the scribbles were. But then, she saw other things that were disordered at the corner. There was a comb, lipstick, baby powder, tissue box, mascara, pen and marker scattered on the makeup table. The makeup mirror was broken and dusty as if someone had thrown a firm thing on it and never been used after that because the shattered mirror was still there. Dee and Aifaa looked in the same direction.

The walls close to them were dirty with scribbles like a round and star shape with thick dark paint. It also looks like oil. That was what they all thought including Amanina's mother. Nurul called Amanina twice but the latter did not budge to look or respond. "What's wrong with her? She usually was out of her mind whenever people got into her room but today was not the case. She was different" Her mother mumbled and felt relief somehow as these past months were agony for her.

Amanina just stood near her bed and stared at the walls. Her mother discontinued walking and standing near her daughter's closet as she did not want to crowd around her. Nurul glimpsed at their back as Amanina's mother halted from moving. Her mother nodded. She believed they could make Amanina's sanity in better condition. Nurul craned to the two but they made an 'Uh-uh, don't call me. I don't 'want' face thus she had no choice yet to walk near Amanina.

They started feeling uneasy. Nurul stepped slowly and almost alongside her yet Aifaa and Dee abruptly halted, watching what she going to do. Amanina's mother worriedly looked at her daughter wondering why she was quiet this night. It could have been better if her daughter was this calm every time she entered her room. Nurul hesitantly called while trying to peek at her face.

"Amanina? Are you... Okay?"

"Hm?"

Surprisingly, Amanina turned, hummed and showed a lopsided grin as if she was busy and not knowing Nurul, Dee and Aifaa were in her room. Everyone was shocked and agape including her mother as well. Gasps also were audible the moment she hummed. Nurul stoned for a moment but paced towards her with a naive smile. Nurul being Nurul, her heartbeat boosted than normal as anxiety got the best of her. Her soul nearly left her body while Amanina stay put ahead of her, keenly staring into her eyeballs.

"H-how are you, Amanina?" She asked.

"I'm fine. You can see me, right?" Amanina answered. Her lopsided grin swiftly changed to a psycho one. They could not differentiate it as her voice was gentle.